Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Advanced »
»
Unit 20 The performance arts: reviews and critiques

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 04:31
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 20 The performance arts: reviews and critiques - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 20 The performance arts: reviews and critiques
Unit 20 The performance arts: reviews and critiques
readeralexeyДата: Понедельник, 11.09.2023, 21:41 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Talk about a memorable production or a film you particularly liked using words and collocations from the unit. Post illustrations, if possible.

Are you interested in theatre? What are the advantages of theatre over cinema, if any? Do you think theatre will survive in the age of Internet?

What has been your most positive and most negative experience with clowns / comedians / entertainers?

Describe a play / film / performance that was a glowing success and another one that was a total flop. Describe your own and other people's reaction to it. 

Speak about a convincing actor in a film or play, and about someone who was miscast. What do you think makes a good actor?

Have you ever been to an audition?

Do you know any good interpretation of a famous song? If possible, post a link to the original version and the cover.

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Вторник, 12.09.2023, 16:32 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
Are you interested in theatre? What are the advantages of theatre over cinema, if any? Do you think theatre will survive in the age of the Internet?

I enjoy going to the theatre and wish I could go more often. I think the superiority of theatre over cinema is that in theatre every performance is unique. Mistakes or improvisations can happen and each performance can be different from the previous one. This gives theatre performances a special character and can make them more exciting for audiences looking for a unique experience.

Theatre as an art has a long history and remains an important part of humanity's cultural heritage. Despite the advent of new entertainment technologies and the internet, theatre continues to exist and attract audiences. One of the main attractions of theatre is the ability to watch actors, musicians, and artists perform live. This creates a unique experience that cannot be recreated on screen. Theatres are often symbols of cultural heritage and national identity. They can represent traditional stories and values, preserving them for future generations. Attending theatre is also a memorable event where people can meet, discuss the performance and share experiences. This creates deeper and more meaningful social connections that are not always available online. Despite competition from the internet and digital entertainment, theatre can still attract audiences and maintain its place in the modern world. Theatres can adapt to changing conditions and use modern technology to attract new audiences and remain relevant.

Добавлено (12.09.2023, 16:44)
---------------------------------------------
At school we often put on plays and our REHEARSALS were quite intense and long. And no matter how tired we were, the APPLAUSE and praise justified our effort and fatigue. Flashbacks to high school performances are very MEMORABLE.

marichernaya911Дата: Четверг, 14.09.2023, 14:58 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
Talk about a memorable production or a film you particularly liked using words and collocations from the unit. Post illustrations, if possible.

The last film I watched was "Pollyana". I watched it for the first time, despite the fact it is extremely popular.

There's no gripping plot in the film, no dynamic actions or special effects. Nevertheless, it is bright and memorable. The story is common: an orphan girl comes to her aunt's house in a countryside for living there. Aunt Polly happens to be strict and reserved, but at the same time we see that truely she is very soft-hearted and kind woman, but she keeps some secret, some dramatic story is behind her. And the girl gradually melts the ice of her heart, as well as of all other citizens.

The film is very moving: little Polyanna gives light and warmth to everyone, and all pays her back with the same. The actress who plays Polyanna gives a very good portrayal for this character, she acts very convincingly.

---

Talking about covers on songs, I would like to share one with you. That is the cover on the song of Yuri Visbor "If you leave", in which the text is written on the melody of Jacques Brel - "Ne me quitte pas". This cover is sang by Elena Frolova. I like her interpretation of the song as it is lyrical and moving, and at the same full of strength. The singer lives this song deeply, that is why it sounds so trustworthy.

https://youtu.be/vO9MOx1oBu8?si=-scaqG4uyJIeIVxP

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Четверг, 25.04.2024, 00:22

amasaltsevaДата: Четверг, 14.09.2023, 17:49 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Talk about a memorable production or a film you particularly liked using words and collocations from the unit. Post illustrations, if possible.

Though some people believe “Romeo + Juliet” to be overrated, and  the movie is criticised by many, I absolutely love it. It is pretty long, but it is not tedious and is gripping from start to finish, and my reviews on Baz Luhrmann’s work will always be glowing. To start with, being an adaptation, an interpretation of Shakespearean tragedy - the plot is transferred to 1990-s and the families of the Capulets and Montagues are turned into rival mafia families, Shakespearian language is preserve in the movie, and that’s beautiful. Another thing which has to be mentioned is cast. I believe all the cast to be perfectly convincing. The play of the film stars, young Leonardo DiCaprio and Claire Danes is indeed a great work. As for me, I believe “Romeo + Juliet” to be no doubt a piece of art. The costumes, the way each scene is shot and designed (as visual art work), the camera work are such a delight. And music, of course. At the end of the movie Radiohead’s “Exit music for a film” is played. By the way, that is one of my favourite songs. Long story short, watch the movie. It’s definitely worth it!

Прикрепления: 9103214.webp (203.2 Kb) · 6202778.jpg (875.5 Kb) · 7643132.jpg (99.3 Kb) · 0895036.jpg (64.6 Kb) · 0399040.webp (104.7 Kb)

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Понедельник, 12.02.2024, 19:36

sensualpie111Дата: Четверг, 28.09.2023, 15:34 | Сообщение # 5
Подполковник
One of the advantages of theatre over cinema is the immediate connection between the performers and the audience. In a theatre production, the actors are right there before your eyes. This closeness creates a sense of involvement that can be far-fetched in cinema, where scenes are often shot out of sequence and edited together later. In a live theatre performance, every word, every emotion are experienced in real-time, making it a truly memorable experience. The energy and chemistry between performers and the audience create a unique ambiance that can make a theaters more gripping. However, it's essential to acknowledge that theatre isn't without its challenges. A poorly executed production can be a total flop, with no opportunity for retakes or post-production fixes.
In conclusion, I think that the theater will certainly survive in the era of the Internet, because now many people lack live communication with other people, live emotions that the theater provides.

Para Julia

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 20 The performance arts: reviews and critiques
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024