Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Advanced »
»
Unit 13 Emotions and reactions

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 01:48
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 13 Emotions and reactions - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 13 Emotions and reactions
Unit 13 Emotions and reactions
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 27.11.2022, 15:30 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
What are things you crave for?

Have you ever had thirst for knowledge? Do you have it now? What do you think allowed you to retain it / made you loose it?

Do you have any yearnings?

What is the most coveted thing for you?

Have you ever been able to diffuse a difficult situation / tension between your friends or relatives? How?

If you are angry, what does it take others to placate you?

Think of an occasion when you had to placate someone.

Has appeasement ever worked, to your knowledge?

Give an example of implacable hatred from literature.

What was the occasion when you last were ecstatic / exultant / jubilant / thrilled to bits / walking on air / over the moon?

What is sheer bliss for you?

Has there been a situation in your life of which you can say your parents were blissfully unaware?

tsumskaa30Дата: Суббота, 03.12.2022, 15:43 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
If you are angry, what does it take to placate you?

First of all, what is anger? It is a strong feeling that makes you want to hurt someone or be unpleasant because of something unfair or unkind that has happened. At these moments you are IMPLACABLE because of your selfishness. That’s the key point – anger is egoistical. When you are angry, you are caring only for yourself, feeling sorry for yourself and accusing others. You HAVE A CRAVING FOR prevailing of justice which agrees only with your own ideas. The most COVETED result is that the other person is changed but not you.

That’s why the best way to DEFUSE the tension is to pay attention to our neighbour who is also often angry or irritated or offended. And try to put yourself in his/her shoes, carefully listen to the opposition and accept the opinion of another person.

We should HAVE A YEARNING FOR peace as the main purpose in our relationships with people, especially in our family, because when we are CONCILIATED with everybody, we abide in UTTER BLISS. The Lord told us that “blessed are those who are peacemakers as they will be called the sons of God”. And indeed, when we find peace in our home, we are FULL OF THE JOYS OF SPRING and can truly REJOICE.

abalakinan27Дата: Среда, 01.02.2023, 13:38 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
What is the most coveted thing for you?

I have a few most COVETED things. I CRAVE FOR writing  my diploma to the end first of all. I imagine myself being in an EXULTANT mood after defense of the thesis and being ECSTATIC after it.

Of course, I YEARN TO become an alumna on the one hand, but on the other, I feel sorry to leave such wonderful place where I study. Moreover, I definitely have A THIRST FOR knowledge and I want some new spheres to dive into.

PS: I wish we were BLISSFULLY HAPPY and hear our JUBILANT CHEERS after taking our midyear exam to live till our graduation.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Суббота, 06.05.2023, 17:22

antonryadinskiДата: Четверг, 27.04.2023, 21:44 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник

When I am angry, it takes a lot to PLACATE me. I CRAVE FOR someone to understand my perspective and acknowledge my feelings. I HAVE A THIRST FOR being heard and validated. I YEARN TO DO away with the source of my anger and find a solution to the problem. The feeling of being placated is COVETED because it brings about a sense of peace and resolution. To be placated, I need someone to CONCILIATE and APPEASE me. It's essential for someone to listen to me without judgment and help me work through my anger. APPEASING me by dismissing my concerns or telling me to CALM DOWN only makes matters worse. It's important to find a balance and work towards a solution that satisfies both parties. When someone takes the time to understand my perspective, I feel EXULTANT and ECSTATIC. I REJOICE in the fact that my feelings are being acknowledged and respected. The feeling of being placated is something that makes me JUBILANT and FEEL ON TOP OF THE WORLD. It's a feeling of pure BLISS that is hard to come by when one is angry. It's a feeling of being OVER THE MOON when someone takes the time to work through the situation with me. I must admit that I used to be IGNORANT of the fact that it takes effort to placate someone who is angry. It takes effort to APPEASE me, but when someone does, it's a feeling of pure BLISS that is hard to come by in any other situation.

-----------

Sentences:

•I CRAVE a slice of pizza right now, but I know I shouldn't give in to my cravings.
•Some people HAVE A THIRST FOR adventure and are always seeking new experiences.
•I YEARN for the day when I can travel the world without any restrictions.
•The COVETED prize was finally won by the team, making them the new champions.
•We had to CONCILIATE our angry neighbor with a small gift to CALM HIM DOWN.
•The company tried to APPEASE their DISSATISFIED customers with a refund and an apology.
•After the long-awaited promotion, she was EXULTANT and couldn't stop smiling.
•The ecstatic crowd could not help but REJOICE as their favorite team won the championship.
•He felt JUBILANT after acing his final exam and secured his graduation.
•When everything goes well, we can FEEL ON TOP OF THE WORLD and experience the bliss of success.
•She was OVER THE MOON with joy when her boyfriend proposed to her on her birthday.
•Being IGNORANT about a topic can lead to MAKING AN EFFORT in vain.

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Четверг, 27.04.2023, 22:45

anastasiadregan864Дата: Пятница, 28.04.2023, 10:20 | Сообщение # 5
Подполковник
Give an example of implacable hatred from literature.

Thinking about this question, two well-known books came to my mind.

The Count of Monte Cristo, by Alexandre Dumas, tells the story of Edmond Dantes, a sailor who is falsely accused of a crime and imprisoned. After escaping and amassing great wealth, he is consumed by a deep hatred of those who wronged him and HAS A CRAVING FOR revenge. His IMPLACABLE HATRED drives him to commit acts of revenge on those he despises, including the devious and sinister Fernand Mondego and nobody can PLACATE him.

One of the most famous examples of implacable hatred in literature is that of Grendel, the creature in Beowulf who embodies pure hatred, ruthlessness and a desire to hurt and kill those around him. This ancient tale of revenge remains one of the most well known examples of implacable hatred in literature throughout the centuries.

For me, SHEER BLISS is feeling a sense of deep inner joy and contentment. This is a kind of peace of mind and gratitude for all of the good that exists in my life. It is a feeling of profound emotional stability, which helps me to appreciate every moment. It is also a sense of emotional and spiritual connection with the world around me, which brings with it a sense of connectedness and belonging. This feeling of BLISSFUL HAPPINESS is best experienced when I take the time to practice self-care and mindfulness, connect with nature and those around me, and enjoy the simple joys of life. It is a feeling of oneness that makes me feel truly alive. In these moments I feel ON TOP OF THE WORLD.

Сообщение отредактировал anastasiadregan864 - Пятница, 28.04.2023, 11:04

katyadorniakДата: Пятница, 28.04.2023, 21:22 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник

One thing that brings me utter bliss is going to the movies alone. It is an experience that I truly enjoy and crave from time to time. As soon as I walk into the cinema, I feel my worries defuse and my anticipation build up. Watching a movie on the big screen makes me feel like I'm walking on air, lost in the story and the stunning visuals. There's nothing quite like a good story, that can leave you ecstatic as the end.

Being alone is crucial, since the fact that nobody will judge or even placate me brings me a lot of comfort. When the credits roll, I already can't wait for my next trip to the cinema.

My friends Natasha had always YEARNED, literally CRAVED the college experience, but her journey had has been filled with troubles. She had fallen fell out with her roommate over a COVETED spot in the campus choir, and the situation had escalated into IMPLACABLE HATRED between them. Natasha had tried APPEASING her roommate, even attempting to CONCILIATE, but nothing seemed to PLACATE the other girl's anger.

One day, as tensions reached boiling point, Natasha decided to DEFUSE the situation and invited her roommate to chat over coffee. The girl wasn't THRILLED TO BITS, but agreed, and turned out they had a lot in common. By the end of the evening, they both shared a lot of laughs and secrets and were BLISSFULLY HAPPY that the two of them could start afresh.

She said, she was WALKING ON AIR, and FEELING ON TOP OF THE WORLD when her roommate agreed to bury the hatched.

They both felt EXULTANT and ECSTATIC that she had managed to turn the situation around and find a new friends in the process.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Четверг, 04.05.2023, 21:11

vernik04Дата: Суббота, 29.04.2023, 00:01 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник

A few days ago, I dreamed that I went to Italy and ate the most delicious pizza in my life there. I was OVER THE MOON, but then I woke up. I was upset and hungry! The whole next day, I was obsessed with thoughts of that pizza. I have never CRAVED FOR anything so badly ! I really hope that one day I will go to Italy and try this incredible pizza. I'm sure I'll be BLISSFULLY HAPPY then.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Четверг, 04.05.2023, 20:59

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 11.03.2024, 19:24 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
If you are angry, what does it take to placate you?

To begin with, I would say that sometimes I feel as if I am offended unjustly. What is the reason of it? - It originates and takes roots in pride. I think of myself as if I was the only person in the conflict to be right. I think that such selfishness can be healed only by God, so the thing that placates me when I feel bitterness of being insulted is praying to be taught how to love God and the nearest ones. God always helps and fills the heart with peace and joy.

-You are walking on air, you are over the moon . You look full of the joys of spring today. What has happened?
- I rejoice , because my sister is born.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Понедельник, 22.04.2024, 20:30

amasaltsevaДата: Вторник, 12.03.2024, 10:31 | Сообщение # 9
Полковник
Truth be told, I have a great thirst for knowledge, and the more I learn, the more I strive to continue learning. I feel as a sponge which is being nourished with something new, which is always exciting. I read books greedily as if I was famished. I finish one book and start reading another as they open new horizons, show me beautiful new worlds, lift the veil of secrecy, and inspire me. I want to learn new languages, watch old movies, be good at history, arts, music, etc. But dear me, the lifetimes of a hundred people wouldn’t be enough to complete my list. Sad but true.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Воскресенье, 21.04.2024, 19:42

sensualpie111Дата: Вторник, 12.03.2024, 11:54 | Сообщение # 10
Подполковник
What was the occasion when you last were ecstatic / exultant / jubilant / thrilled to bits / walking on air / over the moon?

Well, as for me, I am a very emotional and impressionable person. Very often I become ecstatic after watching a good movie or listening to music that is associated with good memories. I think that art evokes a surge of emotions in many people, because that is what it exists for. In addition, I am often exultant when loved ones show sincere interest in my hobbies. When I can feel free to share my passions with someone, I am over the moon. The last time I walked on air was when I applied for marriage registration at the registry office with my fiancé in early March.

Do you have any yearnings?

My yearnings mainly concern humanity as a whole. I would like there to be no war and famine, so that people respect each other and all groups of people who have disagreements are brought to reconciliation. However, I understand that this will never happen due to the sinful nature of man, and one can only be blissfully happy in heaven.

Para Julia

Сообщение отредактировал sensualpie111 - Вторник, 23.04.2024, 03:47

marichernaya911Дата: Вторник, 26.03.2024, 15:10 | Сообщение # 11
Полковник

It is very often very hard to cope with negative emotions. Some saints say that when you feel that anger rises in your heart, - leave the room, calm down and then go back and continue discussion. However, in real life it is almost always impossible to do that. When feeling anger, I always want to press the “pause” button to have time to, like, separate from myself, feeling angry, to see the point of the real issue, not only my piqued selfishness, that overshadows the truth.

And probably, if we don’t want to commit sin by revealing our anger to others, we’d better behave strangely in the eyes of people by keeping silence before speaking further to placate ourselves, to pray, or even leaving the room for some time to calm down, and then God, seeing our endeavor to save peace, will help us, and we’ll cope with negative emotions much easier and in shorter terms.

--
1. The ability to defuse the tension when it is necessary is my most coveted ability. 2. If you always appease a child, it will necessarily throw a tantrum when you withhold from it something and won’t give in before receiving what it wants. 3. She was walking on air when she heard that she entered the University. 4. She looks jubilant now – she doesn’t know that she failed the exam. – Oh, blissful ignorance! 5. When it is sunny, I feel just full of the joys of spring.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Понедельник, 22.04.2024, 23:55

tsvioletta17Дата: Вторник, 16.04.2024, 23:55 | Сообщение # 12
Подполковник

That's a very urgent question. I have many wishes and dreams. Many thoughts and answers arise in my mind at once. Both getting a diploma, and traveling, and a good job in the future. But actually these material things are not the most important thing. I want my family to never need anything and to be healthy. I want there to be no wars and catastrophes in the world. I want my relatives and all people to be happy. Most of all, of course, I long for love, isn't that the main thing in life?

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Вторник, 23.04.2024, 01:44

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 13 Emotions and reactions
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024