Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Advanced »
»
Unit 80 Academic writing: text structure

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 10:54
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 80 Academic writing: text structure - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 80 Academic writing: text structure
Unit 80 Academic writing: text structure
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 02.04.2022, 14:39 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Write a summary (abstract) of your future dissertation (including review of academic sources) using as many words from the unit as possible. Highlight the words you use in some way (capitals, italics, underline, bold type).

danil_naydenovДата: Понедельник, 04.04.2022, 15:09 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
Overall our research IS COMPRISED OF two works studying the image of Doctor Faustus in English literature. We have POSITED that in order to clearly perceive the later works of faustian literature we must refer to the first ones to be written and published. We EXPOUNDED a profound analysis of unique features of Faustus’s character in an attempt to CATEGORISE them and to ACCOUNT FOR their impact on a global image of a Faustus-archetype. Doctor Faustus EPITOMISES the cultural changes which came with the Protestant Reformation, and this connection is constantly UNDERSCORED. The dissertation EMBRACES a broad number of issues concerning theology, religion and theater. All of the above BRINGS US to the chronologically next area of discussion, which is the non-English faustian literature. The dissertation TOUCHES UPON this topic to give the outline of the cultural evolution of the Faustus’s character, but the more profound analysis of Goethe’s Faust lies BEYOND THE SCOPE OF this work.

It’s quite hard to write a good article. Sometimes I come across those of poor quality, and I’d like to highlight some very important features an article, in my opinion, should have. Firstly, a clear and concise PREFACE. It’s one of the most important parts of an article or any other academic work, because it must make it clear whether you really need to read the rest or not. The topics in question must be ADDRESSED distinctly, without much REITERATION here and there, and the main presuppositions should be ASSERTED explicitly beforehand. All the arguments should be numbered and presented IN DESCENDING ORDER of importance. It must not be overlooked that all the issues are DEALT WITH. In the end, all of the arguments should be SUBSUMED into the CONCLUSION to create a clear image of the topic in question. If you write a work on literature, then you must not forget to CITE the original literature piece to support your conclusions.

Mistakes have been corrected - Д. Н.

Сообщение отредактировал danil_naydenov - Пятница, 29.04.2022, 15:03

zhovtyak1441Дата: Среда, 06.04.2022, 22:52 | Сообщение # 3
Лейтенант
My future dissertation is about linguistic expressive means  in advertising texts for different groups of people. Modern magazines couldn’t exist without advertising and special linguistic techniques and CRUCIAL methods to INDICATE products in a very positive light. My work is  COMPLEMENTED by lots of other AUTHORITATIVE works of ours linguistical our linguistic researchers. In my work I’m searching some INCIDENCES in adds for different groups, try to compare and DEMONSTRATE particularly successful techniques. All my examples have been taken from popular magazines like Vogue, GQ, Vanity Fair and so on.

(corrected)

My future dissertation is about linguistic expressive means  in advertising texts for different groups of people. Modern magazines couldn’t exist without advertising and special linguistic techniques and CRUCIAL methods to INDICATE products in a very positive light. My work is  COMPLEMENTED by lots of other AUTHORITATIVE works of our linguistic researchers. In my work I’m searching some INCIDENCES in adds for different groups, try to compare and DEMONSTRATE particularly successful techniques. All my examples have been taken from popular magazines like Vogue, GQ, Vanity Fair and so on.

Добавлено (06.04.2022, 23:07)
---------------------------------------------
1. The witness's testimony NEGATED  what the defendant had claimed. 2. The old fire station could be UTILISED as a theater. 3. From these we can DEDUCE the rest. 4. His role in the affair is AMBIGUOUS 5. The storm caused WIDESPREAD damage.

Сообщение отредактировал zhovtyak1441 - Пятница, 29.04.2022, 23:18

7109633Дата: Суббота, 09.04.2022, 17:15 | Сообщение # 4
Лейтенант
My academic research comprises two main parts: what occasionalisms are and what literary nonsense genre means. In an attempt to account for how occasionalisms functionate in such specific genre of literature I addressed available theoretical works devoted to various aspects of the study of occasionalisms, potential words and neologisms. I had to deal with all the ways of forming each kind of new words and touch upon the peculiarities of the use of expressive means in Lear and Carroll's works.

In scientific studies of a proper sleeping process there is POSITED a link between the quality of sleep and the time one spends on it and what time of day is spent. It UNDERSCORES the importance of the time when you wake up, not when you go to bed. Reading those studies in an attempt to ACCOUNT FOR a reason we don’t feel fresh and cheerful waking up in the morning, we can find out that the assertion about going to sleep as early as possible is not fully correct. It is just to EPITOMIZE that being an early bird you can rest well. The truth is that people can be CATEGORIZED in groups of sleeping patterns. Humanity ISN’T COMPRISED OF only one or two examples, the number is much bigger. Yet it is REITERATED in them that one must go to sleep before 11 p.m. as the following several hours are the most essential for our body.

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Суббота, 30.04.2022, 15:56

zhuravleva369Дата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 18:42 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант
Many people all over the world desperately want to know foreign languages although they don't even start to learn them. That can be EPITOMISED by the fact that learning languages is not easy at all, you need to build your stamina for it, be patient and hardworking for a very long time. By the way, psychologists ASSERT that there are several reasons for it. Some of their works ALLUDE to the following problems: lack of motivation, lack of time, lack of clear timing and so on. Those problems are CATEGORISED as ones that you can solve and those you cannot.
Psychological books EMBRACE a number of such problems. However, if one wants to know a foreign language he or she has to DEAL WITH it. Moreover, to ACCOUNT FOR this, it is important to mention that a teacher is the person who must help learners to deal with all problems during their study. But it BRINGS US to a completely different topic which we are not going to TOUCH UPON as it is BEYOND THE SCOPE of this essay. So, to SUMMARIZE all, every person has to deal with some problems while learning languages. We are FORCED TO CONCLUDE that learning a foreign language is hard but everyone can do it using good techniques.

Сообщение отредактировал zhuravleva369 - Воскресенье, 01.05.2022, 22:16

yarovaya02Дата: Четверг, 08.02.2024, 21:43 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
In Western scholarship interest in Herbert's lyrics began to develop already in the 1920s. In addition to the religious content, readers' attention is attracted by the bold experiments conducted by the poet in the field of language and form. The first monographs on Herbert's work were written by R. Tuve and J. Summers in the 1950s. Since then, more and more academic works and articles on this representative of the metaphysical school have been published. The George Herbert Journal has been in existence for more than a decade. The theoretical basis of my work EMBRACES Russian (A.N. Gorbunov, D. Mirsky) and foreign literary critics (A. Steak, H. Wendler, K. Frier, R. Tuve, J. Summers, M. Taylor, M. Schoenfeld, R. Strayer, D.Bennett, R. Shaw). It is obvious from the above-mentioned researchers that the domestic Herbert scholarship lags far behind the intensively developing Western science.

They REITERATED their demand and ASSERTED not to SUBSUME all articles under one scientific journal, because it is COMPRISED and MADE UP already of many works. Can you ACCOUNT FOR this problem? Can you EPITOMIZE their attitude?[/size]

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Понедельник, 22.04.2024, 20:14

marichernaya911Дата: Вторник, 13.02.2024, 11:17 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
My future dissertation is dedicated to the Shakespearean tragedy "King Lear" and Christian way of its reception In the 1st chapter I write about the terms "tragedy" and "Christian tragedy" and expound the concept of my work and the way of Christian view on the tragedy of Shakespeare, which was written without any deliberate Christian fulfillment, structure or ideas. The tragedy takes place in the pagan world without any visible Christian concepts inside. There are a lot of problems and questions appearing in the tragedy, and answers to these questions are to be found in the Bible – the Book that describes the Law of God by which the world is living.

The 2nd chapter comprises my own analysis of the tragedy and attempts of finding the answers in the text of the Old and the New Testament. The review of opinions of the interpretations of Shakespeare are also subsumed in this chapter. Some of them reiterate my own ideas. The text of the tragedy alludes to some extracts of the Old and the New Testaments. In the work I cite the book of Job and other books of the Bible.

--
1. The Modern Literature lecture course is comprised of two elements: foreign and domestic literature. 2. This argument reiterates my own view. 3. This image epitomises personal spiritual experience of the author. 4. I'd like to underscore this idea here again. 5. The work embraces many topics of modern literature.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Понедельник, 22.04.2024, 23:58

sensualpie111Дата: Вторник, 16.04.2024, 20:05 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
The bachelor work is comprised of three parts: introduction, the main part and conclusion. Information from other scientific works should be cited in support of the argument. Don’t forget to focus on the main topic of your dissertation you should not address things not related to the topic.

Para Julia

Сообщение отредактировал sensualpie111 - Вторник, 23.04.2024, 03:41

sasavasl15Дата: Вторник, 16.04.2024, 21:28 | Сообщение # 9
Полковник
Modern society has passed a difficult test caused by the spread of the COVID-19 virus, which has affected many areas of life, including language. These changes can be traced through the analysis of the new vocabulary, which will allow you to see the characteristic features of modern English word formation.
My research paper analyzes the new vocabulary of the pandemic period. My work COMPRISES of several parts - to study the theories of neology from the point of view of Russian linguistics and English, to CATEGORIZE new words into types and subgroups, to find a new vocabulary of the pandemic and analyze it from the point of view of various aspects. My task EMBRACES not only working with dictionaries, but also searching for all kinds of mentions on social networks, news videos, scientific and journal articles1. Further, all this vocabulary was subsumed into groups according to the method of word formation, the presence in dictionaries, the definition of authorship or its absence.

-----------------------
The author expounded on the complex relationships between the characters. It subsumed within a gripping narrative that embraces various themes. Students can categorize the book under the genre of psychological thriller.

1 The material for the study was news sources such as The Washington Post, Global Times, People's Daily, Time, The Guardian, ISSUU, SCIENTIFIC AMERICAN. Social media posts such as Twitter and reddit were also used.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Среда, 24.04.2024, 18:54

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 80 Academic writing: text structure
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024