Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Upper-Intermediate »
»
Unit 047 What your body does

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 00:43
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 047 What your body does - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 047 What your body does
Unit 047 What your body does
readeralexeyДата: Понедельник, 04.12.2023, 13:16 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Why do you think yawning is contagious?

What makes you sneeze when you are well?

Have you ever suffered from somebody else's snoring? 

Do you ever cough to attract attention?

Have you observed animals sighing?

How quickly do you get out of breath?

What was the last occasion you took a deep breath?

How long can you hold your breath underwater? 

What was the last occasion you had to hold your breath?

Is it ok if people chew gum in your presence? 

Do you chew popcorn in the cinema? Why? / Why not?

What has been the hardest pill for you to swallow?

Do you have to suck sweets while flying an aeroplane? 

Do you like being licked by a dog?

Have you ever been bitten by an animal?

Do you ever wink at people? Have you ever been winked at?

Do you remember ever being frowned at? What was the occasion?

Describe the difference between a smile and a grin.

In what situations do people blink?

Do you blush easily? Do you find it embarrassing?

What have you achieved by the sweat of your brow?

What was the last time you shivered with cold, trembled with fear or excitement,  or shook with laughter? 

Why do you think Apostle Paul told his disciples to "work out" their own salvation "with fear and trembling" (Phil. 2:12)?

lisaswan001Дата: Среда, 06.12.2023, 23:46 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
What was the last time you shivered with cold or shook with laughter?

To tell you the truth, I’ve been shivering with cold for the past week. I cannot get warm anywhere. Somehow my body cannot get used to the cold weather which we are having. Even at home and at university I fieel cold and want to wrap myself in a blanket and light a fire.

Actually, today I was shaking with laughter! It was at my uncle’s birthday party. I have to say that my uncle is one of the most cheerful and funny people I know. I am very glad to have him in my life.

Despite the cold, I try to stay as positive as possible.

veronikachernykh15Дата: Четверг, 07.12.2023, 00:08 | Сообщение # 3
Майор
What was the last occasion you took a deep breath?

I take deep breaths very often. It's a common habit of mine, but it doesn't seem the same way to others. Most people perceive a heavy sigh as tiredness, discontent or boredom. For me, it's more often a case of getting rid of stress, negative emotions, and sometimes just an involuntary combination of circumstances. From the moment I noticed this habit, I realized that a really deep breath helps me a lot mentally, and physically - fills all my organs with a large amount of oxygen smile

--------------------------

After Peter was SNORING all night, I was YAWNING all day long. People around me sighed with anger and started yawning too, so I BLUSHED with embarrassment and GRINNED to please strangers.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Пятница, 15.12.2023, 23:05

lolosipovanikaДата: Четверг, 14.12.2023, 22:08 | Сообщение # 4
Лейтенант
Do you like being licked by a dog?

I mean, it's quite weird and amusing question at the same time. I've never thought of it before.
Sometimes it feels wonderful, for example, when you hit your arm and it's aching, a dog comes and licks it to help you, to reduce your pain.
Sometimes, it feels awful, when a dog comes and licks you, but you saw what it had done before, almost a minute ago with that very tongue...
I think, that being licked is obviously better, than being bitten. Unfortunately, I don't have a dog.  But  I dream to have a pug someday!

-------------------

1. I was sitting at my class, YAWNING, while all of a sudden one SWEATING man ran into me. 2. He WINKED and GRINNED towards me. I felt awkward and FROWNED. 4. He started SHIVERING, he tried to BITE me. 5. I tried to escape, but he came closer and closer, CHEWING AND SWALLOWING something. 6. I screamed and prayed, my hands were TREMBLING, I PERSPIRED, he BLINKED several times and his whole body SHOOK in the laugh. 7. He BLUSHED and said to me: "Nika..."
8. And I woke up, my stomach was RUMBLING, it was all a bad dream.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Четверг, 21.12.2023, 11:50

sodrozdovaДата: Суббота, 16.12.2023, 13:14 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант
Do you ever wink at people? Have you ever been winked at?

I adore winking at people because that makes them feel sometimes shy and sometimes happy. I believe that winking can make people feel more comfortable and calm. Also I sometimes do that with my friends when we want to kindly joke at other people.

Of course sometimes winking can hurt somebody's feelings. I detest it when random men in the metro wink at me. I guess they want to get acquainted or make me laugh but I am not sure about the real reasons. There was a real situation when a random guy started waving and winking at me trying to talk to me and giving tangerines. That was cringey and I felt uncomfortable.

1) After I got cold I cannot stop SNEEZING and COUGHING. 2) When I was a kid I was surprised that people can SNORE, that actually made me shocked. 3) I am OUT OF BREATH when I try not to be late for the bus. 4) I try to TAKE DEEP BREATHS after that so I can breathe steadily. 5) I do not like when my cat LICKS herself too often. 6) I GRIN at my mother when we quarrel 7) She doesn't like that so she FROWNS at me. 8) I started to BLINK oo often when I chose to wear lenses. 9) I have a cat that never BITES people, she's very polite. 10) I can't drink coffee anymore because I start TREMBLING after taking it.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Четверг, 21.12.2023, 10:47

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 047 What your body does
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024