Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Upper-Intermediate »
»
Unit 036 Social media

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 28.04.2024, 23:45
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 036 Social media - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 036 Social media
Unit 036 Social media
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 12.11.2023, 15:27 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
What is your favourite social media platform? What do you find attractive about it? What other platforms have you used?

How much time a day do you spend on social media? Do you ever practice "social media detox"? If yes, when and how? 

Are you more an active or a passive user on social media (you just scroll through other's posts - or post updates, upload photos, share links or comment on other people’s posts)? Why?

What was the last thing you posted on social media? How many views and/or likes did it get?

Is your profile public or private? Why?

What are the benefits of social media for you personally?

Have you encountered any social media ethics or security violations (like cyberbullying etc)? How did you cope? What was the outcome?

Reflect on the negative impact social media might have on mental health and social life of younger people (issues like addiction, distracting, disrupting one's sleep, exposure to bullying, rumor and misinformation spreading, a fear of missing out (FOMO), unrealistic views of other people's lives and low self-esteem, peer pressure, the decline in face-to-face communication, degradation of communication skills due to impersonal online interaction, feeling of isolation and loneliness, opinion polarization and echo chambers, cyber stalking and harassment, a decrease in privacy...). Have you experienced any of these? How did you cope?

lisaswan001Дата: Среда, 15.11.2023, 23:01 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
What is your favourite social media platform? What do you find attractive about it? What other platforms have you used?

The social platform I like the most is Telegram. At first, I was using it just for communication with my friends and family, but now I don't limit myself to that. For the past several years the platform has changed a lot and it transformed from a simple messenger into a self-contained social network where you can share photos with friends, write posts, and maintain your own blog.Some people even make it their job.

Some people believe that Telegram is a poor Russian substitute for Instagram but I disagree with them. Of course, it is Instagram's blocking that has affected the app's development and increased functionality, but I believe it to be a good thing. I understand now that with the development of this app I am getting to know a lot of people more. In Telegram people are more likely to post texts, not just photos. It not only improves one’s creative skills but also helps  subscribers connect with a person in some way. Personally, I really like to write posts on my channel and to get some answers to my thoughts from old friends with whom we rarely communicate now. 

In general, Telegram for me (this applies not only to my channel, but also to all the others I subscribe to) fulfils a certain role of a diary. I believe that’s why it is my favourite social media platform.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Четверг, 16.11.2023, 10:58

sodrozdovaДата: Четверг, 16.11.2023, 00:21 | Сообщение # 3
Лейтенант
Are you more an active or a passive user on social media (you just scroll through other's posts - or post updates, upload photos, share links or comment on other people’s posts)? Why?
I would say I am more a passive user on social media. Well, some people can say that it is not true as I have my own telegram blog. But I don't post there regularly. I keep it just to share my emotions or interesting facts that I find worth to show.

Also, I don't really like scrolling friends news. I even turn the notifications of my friends' channels off. I find it complicated to think about comments, likes, rating and so on. I prefer to talk to people more. But, sometimes there are interesting things my friends upload to their profiles, so I enjoy reading or watching what they publish.

As I said, I prefer talk to people in real life, I never chat with people unstoppable, I can ignore someone for a day if I feel tired or I don't want to talk about the subject. But I always say sorry for that.

Is your profile public or private? Why?
I keep my profile private. There are a lot of people (especially in our university) that always checking other people news even if they are not close friends.

I had several cases in my life (and some people in my group too) when a random guy texts you and asks to answer his friend request because he thinks i am pretty enough to become his future wife. I feel unsafe about the thought that people who I don't know can easily google my account and go through it. So, I never answer a friend request if I don't know the person in real life. Even if we have 30+ common friends...

1) I prefer POSTING atmospheric PHOTOS on my telegram channel. 2) But only 25 people FOLLOW me there. 3) Sometimes people COMMENT on my posts, especially when I write something authentic. 4) I never think about how many LIKES my posts get. 5) But it pleased me when my followers RATE my publications with high mark.
6) I hate when people TAG me because that means someone wants something from me and I have to check it... 7) I don't usually care about the TIMELINE, I just post what I like.

lolosipovanikaДата: Четверг, 16.11.2023, 10:26 | Сообщение # 4
Лейтенант

My favourite social media apps are Youtube and Instagram.
Youtube is my absolutely favourite one, as I always watch there videos, and upload my own. I love creating videos and then editing them.
Instagram I like, because I can follow there people I like and inspire myself. I have many profiles in there for many purposes, most of them are dedicated to my hobbies and interests, for example, I have the Instagram profile, where I collect photos of yellow cars. I don't care about likes and views, I do it for myself and for people who are also interested in it.

1. One woman hates when her NOTIFICATIONS ARE TURN ON, because she is quite popular singer, and has many VIEWS AND AND LIKES and her POSTS. 2. Yesterday she UPLOADED a new PHOTO and pinned LINKS for her SUBSCRIBERS TO SHARE. 3. The other day I was at her concert, took a SELFIE with her, and TAGED her in my INSTAGRAM PROFILE. 4. Now our photo is a MEME, I am a star, I have many messages in my DIRECT. 5 So SUBSCRIBE to my channel, FOLLOW my TWITTER, leave me COMMENTS.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Суббота, 16.12.2023, 14:47

lisaswan001Дата: Четверг, 16.11.2023, 10:38 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант
I just posted a new update on my PROFILE and I'm really excited about it. It would mean so much to me if you LIKE the POST, and maybe even SUBSCRIBE to my ACCOUNT so you can stay updated on all my latest UPLOADS. I love connecting with my FOLLOWERS, so don't forget to COMMENT and engage with my CONTENT - I always appreciate hearing from you! Thank you for your support, and I can't wait to SHARE more with you soon.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Четверг, 16.11.2023, 10:42

veronikachernykh15Дата: Четверг, 16.11.2023, 11:00 | Сообщение # 6
Майор
At the moment, for me personally, social networks are only harmful.  I believe that a shred of useful information is not worth the hours spent procrastinating through short videos.  But here the question arises: did people really do everything on time before, didn’t put things off until later, and weren’t distracted by extraneous factors when they were faced with tasks that they didn’t want to complete?  It is clear that now dopamine addiction is many times greater than even 10 years ago.  Previously, people received dopamine less often and in a much more natural way.  Fast carbs, series, smoking and a glass of wine in the evening, Reels and shorts - all this greatly affects our productivity and mental health .  Therefore, here everyone is faced with a choice of what gives them great advantages - those “important” pros of social networks or their consequences.  Personally, I can easily delete social networks but will never be able to live without series or tasty food.

But time passes too fast and referring backwards when I was a teenager, social networks really provided useful communication that could be lacking due to self-doubt. Social networks, namely the ideals that I sticked to, the lifestyle of writers, musicians, influenced my personality very much. Book bloggers, priests who started their missionary activity, new inspiring people with whom we managed to communicate only thanks to social networks. That's why I was very glad that I was born at that time. My childhood has passed without video games, tablets and computers, and as a teenager I had the opportunity to evaluate only the emerging phenomenon of social networks. And now we should all be careful, because young people often do not see the boundaries between the real world and online, being too naive and unprepared to withstand the truth in real life.

A friend of mine has an OPENED PROFILE. Once she has POSTED a photo of herself. The post was RATED with many LIKES, also she got a lot of FOLLOWERS and COMMENTS. But at the same time she got annoyed with plenty of NOTIFICATIONS and FRIEND REQUESTS

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Суббота, 16.12.2023, 01:01

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 036 Social media
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024