Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Upper-Intermediate »
»
Unit 029 Medicine and technology

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Воскресенье, 28.04.2024, 22:01
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 029 Medicine and technology - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 029 Medicine and technology
Unit 029 Medicine and technology
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 28.10.2023, 21:58 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Have you used or experienced any of the examples of medical technology mentioned in this unit? Describe your experience.

What invention(s) of medical technology mentioned in the unit have been most beneficial for humanity? Support your view. 

In section B of the unit examples of present-day medical technology are mostly related to artificial substitutes for limbs and organs. Speculate on how further development of this sphere might change human body and human society.  

Talk about some recent developments in medical technology not mentioned in the unit which you find important and/or beneficient.

In section C of the unit examples of future medical technology are mostly limited to computer diagnosing. Talk about some other directions of medical technology development which you find particularly promising / concerning etc. (see, for instance, here)

lolosipovanikaДата: Среда, 01.11.2023, 20:46 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
Have you used or experienced any of the examples of medical technology mentioned in this unit? Describe your experience.

I use spectacles thanks to Arab scientists. The glasses really help me to see the world clearly, because my vision is not so good without them. I used to wear glasses all the time in school, but now I wear them in special cases, for instance, when I want to a watch a movie on a big screen, when I am in the theatre or study in the university. I find contact lenses uncomfortable, that's why i I use spectacles.
Also I had some experience with X-rays, because I broke my hands three times.
I find these technologies very useful and helpful for people all over the world.

-----

1. All the world is stage, and when you are old there are spectacles on your nose. 2. The tools to treat diseases are scanners, which could identify your disease at an early stage. 3. When you have bad vision, you can use spectacles, contact lenses or correct your eyesight problem by laser surgery.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Четверг, 21.12.2023, 11:42

veronikachernykh15Дата: Четверг, 02.11.2023, 08:03 | Сообщение # 3
Майор
What invention(s) of medical technology mentioned in the unit have been most beneficial for humanity? Support your view.

First of all, I think that glasses have become one of the most important inventions. This not only simplified the lives of millions of people, but also gave people with poor eyesight a chance to be no different from those who have 100 percent vision. In addition, it is impossible to even think about the fact that until quite recently people were operated on without anesthesia. Now any visit of to the dentist can not turn out to be successful without an anesthetic injection. Of course, an X-ray is also necessary now, because very often the opinions of experienced doctors about fractures can be erroneous. There are also substantial inventions that make it possible for people with disabilities to live a full life. I mean hearing aids and pacemakers.

------------

I am very grateful that MEDICAL technology is improving quite RAPIDLY. I always think of how people lived even a century ago when even DIAGNOSING illnesses was a challenge for doctors. I consider not everyone understands how accessible X-RAYS, GENERAL ANAESTHETIC are. Also thanks to God and doctors people with disabilities have an opportunity to use various DEVELOPMENTS as HEARING AIDS and PACEMAKERS.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Среда, 20.12.2023, 18:44

sodrozdovaДата: Суббота, 16.12.2023, 13:55 | Сообщение # 4
Лейтенант

When I was in the seventh grade I had a math teacher that had a prosthetic arm. Actually that was a surprise for me because I had never met a person who could carry a lot of copybooks with one arm. I don't think she got a lot of advantages form having a plastic arm, but her situation motivates me to do the best I can. Such people can handle so many difficulties in life. They also can enjoy life and usual think. I believe it is a good example of achieving things.

1) I like when doctors in medical series IDENTIFY problems that patients have. 2) I have met a lot of people that had LASER SURGERY to make their eyesight better. 3) I follow a guy on YouTube who has a VAST range of ROBOTIC arms.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Четверг, 21.12.2023, 10:56

lisaswan001Дата: Воскресенье, 17.12.2023, 17:21 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант

General anaesthetic was mentioned in the unit. Actually, thank God, it has never been used on me, but I have experienced partial anaesthetic a few times. Mostly it was applied to me at the dentist’s office, but I’ve also had several operations on my leg and even though I had the anaesthesia it was quite painful and I could feel some of the doctor’s actions.

I must say that the whole experience is dreadful and I wouldn’t recommend it to anyone. But it is very scary to imagine what would happen without anaesthesia. People would probably die from pain shock. Thank God that we can use anaesthetic now.

Добавлено (17.12.2023, 17:28)
---------------------------------------------
Recent developments in MEDICAL technology have revolutionised the field of SURGERY, with LASER SURGERY becoming a popular and effective method for various procedures. Additionally, advancements in X-RAY technology have enabled doctors to diagnose and treat conditions with greater precision and accuracy. Furthermore, the development of ROBOTIC-assisted surgery has allowed for minimally invasive procedures, reducing recovery times and improving patient outcomes.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Воскресенье, 17.12.2023, 17:28

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 029 Medicine and technology
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024