Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Upper-Intermediate »
»
Unit 020 Theatre and cinema

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 10:19
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 020 Theatre and cinema - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 020 Theatre and cinema
Unit 020 Theatre and cinema
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 02.09.2023, 15:17 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Talk about a production or a film you particularly liked using words and collocations from the unit. Post illustrations, if possible.

Are you interested in theatre? What are the advantages of theatre over cinema, if any? Do you think theatre will survive in the age of Internet?

If you dance or perform ballet, how long did it take you to learn? Do you often dance? What is the style you prefer and why do you find it rewarding?

Are there comedians you like? Why do you find them interesting?

What has been your most positive and most negative experience with entertainers?

What is the most impressive venue you have been to? Post illustrations, if possible.

sodrozdovaДата: Среда, 06.09.2023, 23:28 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
Are you interested in theatre? What are the advantages of theatre over cinema, if any? Do you think theatre will survive in the age of Internet?

I’ve liked theatre since I was a small girl. I remember I went with my grandmother to the Big Theatre in Moscow and that was the most memorable experience of visiting the theatre in my life. The sets were incredible and the costumes were so bright that my child imagination was greatly impressed. I can’t say anything about the cast as I can’t really remember what it was.

To talk about cinema, there are some differences in visiting these places. For example, when you go to the cinema you want to rest and not to think about your life problems. You pay attention to the acting and the director’s idea presented in the film. When we talk about theatre we talk about culture and how it is represented in the scripts and dialogues.

Nowadays young people really likes visiting theatres because it is kind of a trend, so even though the cinema is so popular now, the theatre will be still developing and growing its skills in making sets, choosing the cast and entertaining the audience.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Четверг, 21.12.2023, 11:07

lisaswan001Дата: Четверг, 07.09.2023, 07:37 | Сообщение # 3
Лейтенант
Talk about a production or a film you particularly liked using words and collocations from the unit. Post illustrations, if possible.

One of my favourite films of all time is «The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Pie Society». The screenplay and script are based on the 2008 novel, written by Mary Ann Schaffer and Annie Barrows. The film is directed by Nike Newell and features a cast of famous actors.

I adore this film for its beauty and love of books, which is amazingly shown in this movie. The film is mostly set in a stunningly beautiful place: an island called Guernsey. It tells the story of the time when the whole island was under German occupation during World War 2. Despite this, a group of people even in those scary times came together to discuss books and express their love for them. This film is very comforting and aesthetically pleasing, it inspires me very much and I believe it is a wonderful film to watch with the whole family.

Прикрепления: 9777690.jpg (218.7 Kb) · 1037750.jpg (141.2 Kb) · 5209242.jpg (128.9 Kb) · 9805846.jpg (106.0 Kb) · 6411809.jpg (44.0 Kb)

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Пятница, 22.12.2023, 00:21

lolosipovanikaДата: Четверг, 07.09.2023, 10:01 | Сообщение # 4
Лейтенант
What has been your most positive and most negative experience with entertainers?

I had only positive experience, as for me, the most wonderful entertainers in the world are clowns. Clowns are absolutely adorable, funny and sad at the same time. My favourite clowns are Jango Edwards, Chris Lynam and Slava Polunin. The thing, which unites them all is love. They love all the people, and the whole planet is their big home. Slava always suggests everyone to be near with  people, whom you want to hug. He has The Yellow Mile in Paris, where he lives. There are seven beautiful gardens, where every human can feel themself as a little kid again!
When I was a kid, I used to go to his shows often, because my mother was a clown in his team. I rubbed his clown's nose and enjoyed his performances.
I like clowns and I like being a clown too!

1. I prefer modern dance, but my friend prefers ballet. 2. The director and the cast did a great job in the play. 3. There is a new film on at cinema.

Прикрепления: 5306779.jpg (46.0 Kb)

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Четверг, 21.12.2023, 11:29

veronikachernykh15Дата: Четверг, 07.09.2023, 10:41 | Сообщение # 5
Майор
Talk about a production or a film you particularly

I remember very vividly the production of Hamlet with Benedict Cumberbatch. I watched a live broadcast from the Globe in Moscow at the cinema. Russian and English subtitles were given. To be honest, I went there precisely to see Cumberbatch in the lead role. However this inspired me to read the play. Maybe it's because of the modern costumes and sets, maybe because of the good acting, or maybe because of the genius of Shakespeare's play. We'll never know.

------------
There are a lot of PRODUCTIONS with lack of intelligence nowadays. Weak DIRECTION with young CAST are not the best option for a good perfomance. So before going to the theatre reading REVIEWS is necessary.

Прикрепления: 4636362.png (81.1 Kb)

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Пятница, 22.12.2023, 00:37

yarovaya02Дата: Четверг, 07.09.2023, 14:42 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
Are you interested in theatre?

There are a lot of theatres in Moscow, but not a half of them I liked. I think, that it’s difficult to find a good theatre, where the play is clear and exciting. Modern theatres often transform a classical play, making it modern, so costumes are no more nobiliary and plot is no more recognizable.

But still there are such theatres where actors are skillful, where plays are classical and well staged. There are some of them: «Малый театр», theatre «Сопричастность», «Театр русской драмы».

That opera was a deputed by the audience with APPLAUSES, STANDING OVATIONS, GLOWING REVIEWS calling again and again foe ENCORES. All critics PANNED and SLATED it. It was a real MASTERPIECE.

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 020 Theatre and cinema
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024