Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Upper-Intermediate »
»
Unit 093 Expressions with come and go

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 07:54
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 093 Expressions with come and go - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 093 Expressions with come and go
Unit 093 Expressions with come and go
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 14.05.2022, 18:14 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Complete the sentences in a way that is true for you. Develop it into a story using as many words and expressions from the unit as possible.

I hope I make a go of......

My … shoes go with my....

I never want to go through.... again.

As my life / my time at University / my English course goes on, ......

It’s not easy to come to terms with......

I’ve come to the conclusion that learning English......

I came across a new English word recently. It was.....

vernik04Дата: Четверг, 19.05.2022, 11:17 | Сообщение # 2
Подполковник
It has been an uneasy time for me since the war broke out. I still can’t accept what is GOING ON these days. All my life I thought that people would never GO THROUGH a war ever again, but I was wrong. As my English course at university GOES ON, lots of questions are GOING ROUND AND ROUND in my head, why do we learn English, what for? What am I going to do with it later? Will I ever go abroad after the war is over? Should I learn English in case I decide to immigrate?

I’ve never thought that I’d lose all motivation and desire for learning English. Two years ago I was ON THE GO every time I even thought about English classes. Now I don’t even remember why I decided to GO FOR learning English.

As my life GOES ON, it’s not easy to COME TO TERMS WITH current reality. But I’ve made my mind to be more optimistic, to be kinder to other people, because there is enough evil and pain.

Moreover, I’ve COME TO THE CONCLUSION that learning English would play a new role for me.
But I’m not sure what it’s going to be yet. If a long time ago I CAME TO A DECISION of learning it, I will proceed. It means it has an importance to me and I hope I MAKE A GO FOR it. And also I hope for the peace-to-come soon.

Сообщение отредактировал vernik04 - Четверг, 19.05.2022, 11:45

tsumskaa30Дата: Четверг, 19.05.2022, 12:19 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
It’s not easy to come to terms with...

Each of us has his or her own answer to the following question: “What is it that is not easy for you to come to terms with?” However, there is something that unites us all. I suppose everyone agrees that one of the most difficult things to do is to COME TO TERMS WITH yourself.

It is a paradoxical idea but it's true. For example, we long for COMING TO AN inner AGREEMENT but something strange COMES BETWEEN our mind and heart. We really want to MAKE A GO OF our study, to occupy ourselves only with useful things, to do the sports regularly, to communicate more with our friends and relatives, to pay more attention to our spiritual life but our plans often don’t GO THROUGH. This phenomenon was also described by Apostle Paul in his Epistle to the Romans: “For the good that I would I do not, but the evil which I would not, that I do” (Rom. 7:19).

Nevertheless, we shouldn’t despair of success. It GOES WITHOUT SAYING that we were created according to the image of the Lord and so our mind is close to God. But our nature is sinful and that’s why we constantly COME ACROSS different kinds of temptations. Our passions try to GO FOR us when the opportunity occurs.

Let’s COME UP WITH a really great idea – let’s GO TO GREAT LENGTHS and pray to God for help. That’s better than getting depressed or, on the contrary, denying the fact that something wrong is GOING ON and that we have some troubles that we should GO THROUGH.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Вторник, 26.07.2022, 18:32

abalakinan27Дата: Четверг, 19.05.2022, 12:45 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Today I would like to speak about MAKING A GO.

I never want to GO THROUGH stressful situations. But they COME OFF over and over again.

Sometimes consequences aren't holistically up to you but every now and then you acknowledge things would be taking off in case you being reasonable and responsible. I CAME TO A CONCLUSION that it might be beneficial doing little things on time instead of feeling the weight of work on my shoulders before meeting a deadline. As my life GOES ON, I put two and two together that small steps are very helpful on your way to MAKING A GO. Quite a long while ago I CAME ACROSS a video on Ted Talks where a psychologist was talking about the importance of undertaking small steps which in any case lead you into the fulfilment of your dream. THE STORY GOES THAT it is absolutely right. I CAME TO TERMS WITH THE fact that our brain is very canny and wise biologically and every time it will seek easier ways of slipping away, but we should play a trick on it by not making huge steps at breakneck speed, but little counterparts beforehand.

Here was it, a simple but a very useful tip.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Среда, 24.08.2022, 16:18

katyadorniakДата: Четверг, 26.05.2022, 10:25 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
I never want to go through State Exam again.

No, no, never! You can say "Oh, COME ON, Kate. You did great last time. What could GO WRONG this time. What's GOING ON with you?"

Believe me, State Exam is not something I can completely COME TO TERMS WITH. Every time I think about the years of preparation, my head GOES ROUND. I could MAKE A GO FOR it once more, but only as a last resort. The longer my life GOES ON, the more I am convinced that I would rather pass a hundred exams here at Saint Tikhon's Orthodox University than GO FOR another State Exam. Even if it were literature, with which I was MAKING A great GO then and definitely could now.

Why? Psychological pressure. I CAME to THE CONCLUSION that it is much less here at the university, because I am surrounded by familiar people who definitely don’t wish me harm. For the sake of this atmosphere, I WENT TO GREAT LENGTHS, and most of all I'm afraid of losing it.

So, it GOES WITHOUT SAYING: God help us in the upcoming exams, but it definitely won't be worse than the Unified State Exam.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

antonryadinskiДата: Вторник, 07.06.2022, 17:59 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
I wanted to tell a story how I WENT FOR PSTGU. Actually, I CAME ACROSS a site on the Internet and I was interested. Also, a friend of mine studied here. He told me about what is GOING ON here. So, I decided that I wanted to study here and I wanted TO GO THROUGH this difficult study. Nothing could stop me to enter this university, but only my views CAME BETWEEN me and PSTGU. Once I said that I wasn't religious so much, but during the last year of my study at school I CAME UP with the idea that I should go to church. There were nice spring days. These days were actually the days of the Great Lent. Beautiful services were taking place. I WENT ON AT visiting the services. Then in summer there were my exams. When the results CAME OUT, I was sure that I will study at PSTGU.

It GOES WITHOUT SAYING, if you want to MAKE A GO OF your own business, you should know what IS GOING ON at the marketplace. You should COME TO A decision what is popular among people and what they would GO FOR. It is also nice to GO THROUGH the university and COME BY a degree. It is very hard work and your income can COME DOWN. In this case your business can GO BANKRUPT.

Отредактировано

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Четверг, 16.06.2022, 10:56

veronikachernykh15Дата: Четверг, 29.02.2024, 11:38 | Сообщение # 7
Майор
I hope I make a go of my life.  The younger you are, the more plans you have for life, so you are sure that if you make an effort, you will have a lot of money, an interesting job, many friends and a big family. As you get older, your plans gradually crumble and  become more down-to-earth.  While you are on the go with studying or working, you come to terms with less: a job that seemed boring to you and other things that do not bring satisfaction and the desired income. I consider every person goes through this to one degree or another.

Such a life does not correlate in any way with your previous personal plans and ideas. And as far as it goes, you don't have time for hobbies, favorite things, although you don’t have money for realization your youth dreams as traveling, helping parents and etc. There is only one choice - to be content with little or go to great lengths to overpower yourself and take risks to fulfill your desires

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Четверг, 29.02.2024, 16:01

sodrozdovaДата: Четверг, 29.02.2024, 11:49 | Сообщение # 8
Лейтенант
Nothing can come between me and singing. Recently I came up with a thought that I sing almost every minute in my life. I found that when I am stressed, tired or sad I always start singing. It can be anywhere: on the metro, on the street, in the bathroom, at the university. In general, anywhere. Unfortunately, my mom always goes on at me because she can't bear my non-stopping singing as I'm not the only musician in our family. It's not easy to come to terms with her. But my siblings also can sing and as our musical school have already gone on, we often make surprises for our mom. We have our little band in which we play various musical instruments, and then we learn a new song and sing it to our mom. I hope I make a go of a real group and realise my opportunities after graduation.
To sum up, I’ve come to the conclusion that singing is one of the most important things in my life and I hope that I will succeed in finishing my singing courses and become a bit closer to becoming a musician and officially sing almost all the time.

https://vk.com/video531074375_456240018?list=ec8491f92e5652e84c
_________

1) — Hey, what is GOING ON here?
2) — I can't choose which skirt will GO WITH this jacket?
3) — Do you have a party COME OFF?
4) — No, I am going to "Lihov" and I wouldn't like to GO THROUGH talking to priests talking about jeans.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Четверг, 07.03.2024, 16:15

lolosipovanikaДата: Четверг, 29.02.2024, 18:24 | Сообщение # 9
Лейтенант
It's not easy to come to terms with the fact that a dog is not a cat.
Cats are usually disobedient. And you can't tame them. 
I came across a new type of a cat. It was very friendly, good-behaved and was able to be tamed. It  managed to do commands, liked to play with a ball and to be petted for the whole day.
I've come to conclusion that some cats are more dogs, than cats.

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 093 Expressions with come and go
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024