не предусмотрено.

Среда, 15.05.2024, 02:04
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 076 Compound nouns 2: verb + preposition - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 076 Compound nouns 2: verb + preposition
Unit 076 Compound nouns 2: verb + preposition
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 07.05.2022, 13:54 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Give an example of a recent takeover. Was it beneficial for any of the parties?

Have you done any workouts recently?

If you were in the government, would you initiate any crackdowns or shake-ups? Why (not)?

Have you heard of any successful breakouts from prisons or concentration camps?

Has there been any significant break-up in your life?

What outlets are your favourite / most popular in your area?

Have you had any problems at the check-out recently?

Do you think you are ready for any cutbacks in your personal / family budget?

Have you ever requested for a bailout?

Do you know any dropouts?

What do you think an average ratio of knowledge input - output going to be in your case as a result of university education?

Have you ever worked for a company with a rapid staff turnover? How long?

Tell about a recent scientific breakthrough.

Have you ever had problems due to a breakdown in communications?

What are the drawbacks of life in Moscow?

Has the outbreak of war in Ukraine taken you by surprise? What do you think its outcome doing to be? What is the outlook for the world, judging by the present set-up?

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 16.05.2022, 11:30 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
What do you think an average ratio of knowledge input - output going to be in your case as a result of university education?

In my opinion, university is an essential season for a young, person, it offers a lot of opportunities for self-development We study at the Faculty of Philology so our program is based on reading. Through it we expand vocabulary, outlook. Having analyzed various acts of books’ heroes, afterwards we apply this knowledge to an own life. We discuss what we have read and through communicating, sharing opinions and through the endeavor to find the right way for heroes, we may reduce own mistakes on a life path.

Moreover, through the studies we learn to think logically, to listen to the others, not stubbornly taking stand, and finally together come to a conclusion.

University is a time of learning how to manage time, how to think and communicate with others. University is a time of filling mind and soul with what is important for you, what will fill your whole life. Now we are clewing, in the old age we will unwind what we have wound.

--

On Wednesdays we have CLEAR-UPS in the dormitory.
HANDOUTS is a way of the advertisement.
What are the DRAWBACKS of the incident?

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Воскресенье, 05.06.2022, 20:44

veronikachernykh15Дата: Понедельник, 16.05.2022, 12:50 | Сообщение # 3
Майор

A recent scientific breakthrough is the creation of some kind of artificial intelligence.  However, at the initial level a machine has been created, which can independently make informed decisions. I mean robotic dogs. The value of robotic dogs is that they can work where humans don't have such an ability. For instance, they can work in hazardous industries, where toxic fumes will simply kill humans. Robotic dogs can also participate in putting out fires and hostilities. Robot dogs have cameras and scanners and they transmit data live to people. In addition, such dogs quickly became the favourites of workers and even some people keep them as pets. Because these dogs can not only serve science, but also touch with their dances and funny pranks.

----------------
Maria with coming of spring is experiencing some SHAKE-UPS. For instance, she has begun to do WORKOUTS every day after work. After BREAKING UP with her fiance, she was depressed for some time and that's why she is so glad to turn the page

Прикрепления: 0327709.jpg (53.6 Kb)

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:03

amasaltsevaДата: Понедельник, 16.05.2022, 22:25 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник

In recent years there has been done a great amount of scientific breakthroughs. One attracted my attention. A scientist has  invented bionic limbs, specific artificial limbs that differ greatly from traditional prosthetic ones. Prosthetic hands or legs require complete body power to work, whereas new bionic ones work by using signals from an individual’s muscles to seamlessly move. They get signals from brain and nerves which helps a person to make the proper movements. With the use of a bionic limb, which acts more like a real limb and makes the user’s movements more confident, he or she can do the usual actions as to use a smartphone, to carry a bag, to use knife and fork so forth, more easily. What is more, this technology is developing so fast, that some scientists believe that in a few years people will be allowed to buy new bionic limbs, using which a person would not only do something with the objects, but even feel them as if it is his or her real limb.

-----------------------------------
The OUTBREAK of covid-19 was a great surprise. There are lots of DRAWBACKS of the pandemic. For instance, for some people it was a cause for a SHAKE-UP, for a BREAKDOWN in communication, for a BREAK-UP of their relationship, for a DROPOUT, for losing a job or a business. However, some people find pandemic to be something beneficial as they at least have started doing WORKOUTS.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:06

sasavasl15Дата: Понедельник, 16.05.2022, 23:31 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник

As a person who has been living in Moscow for only the second year, I can tell you what drawbacks of living in Moscow sometimes become a problem for me.
The first is the distance. I have lived most of my life in a city where you can get from one end of the city to the other in half an hour by bus. In Moscow, on average, you always spend 40 minutes traveling in one direction. You spend a lot of time on the road here, and sometimes it's annoying.
The second disadvantage is a huge number of people. On the one hand, for me, people in Moscow have always been an object for reflection, but at some moments, for example in the subway or in public places, when you get into a huge crowd, it causes  discomfort and tension. For people who are afraid of large crowds of people, Moscow is not the best option.
The third drawback is prices. I understand that it is realistic to find cafes, shops where prices are lower, but in most places here the prices are high. Living in Moscow is quite expensive.

---------------------------------------
The BREAK-UP  in their relationship has been brewing for a long time. The DRAWBACKS of both, which they did not want to notice, accumulated for a long time. And the OUTBREAK of this gap was the incident in the restaurant.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:12

tsvioletta17Дата: Вторник, 17.05.2022, 16:59 | Сообщение # 6
Подполковник

Many people strive to live in our capital. A noisy big "city of opportunities" is how Moscow is called. Here you can really develop and implement your ideas. But not everything happens so well.

There are some drawbacks to living in Moscow. Firstly, this is a really expensive city, but that's not surprising. Here you have to pay for everything. In addition to such understandable things as paying for an apartment, food and life support, you have to pay for parking if you are a happy owner of a car. Here, by the way, another drawback looms. The car is undoubtedly convenient, but not when you are stuck in a traffic jam in dense Moscow traffic. Be prepared, it can take a lot of your time and nerves.

There are a lot of people here. To find peace, you need to wander into some park or find a more quiet place than the city center. You will definitely not find silence here. Speaking of parks. There is a great lack of fresh air and greenery in Moscow.

And of course the fact that the beauty of architecture, historical sites, and beautiful landscapes here are mainly in the city center. If you drive a little further, it will be difficult to distinguish any other city from the capital.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Суббота, 04.06.2022, 13:22

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 23.05.2022, 18:20 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
Have you done any workouts recently?

It is known that health is extremely essential. Proper nutrition, regular exercise definitely plays a significant role in life. Some people go in for sports and do physical exercises in order to lose weight. Others just want to keep their body in good shape. And there is a third type of people: they work out for nothing to do. I mean, when a person has a lot of free time, instead of lying on the couch and watching movies one by one, he/she'd rather do physical activity, and in the end this routine will benefit health.

In March 2020, the whole world faced a coronavirus pandemic. In this regard, most people were forced to change their lifestyle. Distance education and teleworking have become a new trend. My family and I moved into a country house, where we spent more than four months. That period was quite stressful, especially for teenagers graduating from school. They had to take entrance exams; the exam dates were unknown for a long time.

That's why I decided to reduce my stress level and find an activity that would distract me from the academic fuss. Everyone knows that physical activity relieves stress, so I decided not to miss this chance and found a YouTube channel where a fitness trainer regularly shoots and posts new videos with different workouts. Since that moment, the workout has become an integral part of my life and still is. Of course, at first it was very difficult, but over time it turned from torment into a positive routine, which brings me great pleasure and benefit.

My recent workout was this morning. I decided to set myself a mood before university, and I got it perfectly.

Добавлено (23.05.2022, 18:32)
---------------------------------------------
Regular WORKOUT is a good helper in terms of stress relief. After a BREAK-UP, you can include such a routine in your life, so that you can vent your emotions and gradually get rid of depression and apathy. Perhaps permanent workouts will be a BREAKTHROUGH for you in the world of sports.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Вторник, 07.06.2022, 20:16

marichernaya911Дата: Воскресенье, 05.06.2022, 23:25 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник

I believe that time of University education is time of the most intensive self-development. It is the time when we don't yet have any strict duties, so we can study all the time. Here at our Faculty of Philology our studies are focused on reading and writing. We are learning to analyze texts and find sense in them, understand psychology and people's way of thinking through understanding literature characters. Finally, we are learning how to think and express our thoughts, discuss the problems, communicate with each other. There skills are extremely important nowadays, when there's so many disinformation and lie in the media, press and literature.

---
Everyday we recieve great INPUT of knowledge. It is not to make a BREAKTHROUGH to state that everything we see, hear and feel remain in us. So, it is a BREAKDOWN to let ourselves to look at ugly things, listen to bad music and get bad emotions.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:28

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 076 Compound nouns 2: verb + preposition
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024