Unit 33 Science and technology - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 33 Science and technology
Unit 33 Science and technology
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 05.02.2022, 00:06 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
How are science and technology interconnected?

Name the most serious ethical issue involved in one of the following:

genetic engineering
stem cell research
cloning.

Give an example / an illustration of some impressive achievement in one of the following fields:

ergonomics
molecular biology
voice technology
hydroponics.

What pieces of technology do you use daily?

Do you often analyse problems? If not, what helps you solve them?

Have you ever experimented with anything?

What is your opinion on medical experiments with animals?

What software have you recently installed on your computer / smartphone? Have you found it useful?

antonryadinskiДата: Среда, 09.03.2022, 13:05 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник

Although there are a lot of pieces of technology in world, I use only some of them. I think, I can’t live without my phone and my laptop. These two pieces of technology I use on a daily basis. As I have my distance learning and live far from my home, I need somehow to communicate. I think they have become very vital for me.

Also, there is one thing that came to my life and I use it every day. It is Smart Band. Actually, I don’t like to wear anything on my wrist, but these watches are very light and the main functions of this thing are: Smart band shows me how many steps I make during the day, it also shows me how I sleep, it also shows me my pulse (rather accurately I can say). Also, it shows me all notifications that come to my phone. And I can make a silent mode on my phone because I don’t like the sound of notifications.

And one thing I use during the winter especially, it is desk lamp. I like to buy lightbulbs with warm light and turn it on during the day because I don’t have enough sun in my life, during these dark days.

GENETIC ENGINEERING is very popular nowadays. People want to live without any diseases and to ALTER FEATURES, so they do STEM CELL RESEARCHES. They INTERACT with the STRUCTURE of the CELL. Scientists also experiment WITH different kinds of food making it GENETICALLY MODIFIED. This sphere also ENABLES to do the CLONING. It’s often ASSOCIATED with the possibility to be immortal.

Отредактировано

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Четверг, 16.06.2022, 10:39

posternaksophieДата: Понедельник, 06.06.2022, 11:51 | Сообщение # 3
Подполковник

Living in the contemporary world, I can't help but use technology daily. On everyday basis I normally use a SMARTPHONE, A TABLET, A HIGH-DEFINITION CAMCORDER, A SATNAV and A DIGITAL PHOTO FRAME. I use the smartphone mainly for communication with my parents and the tablet for writing my coursepaper. The HD camcorder is needed for filming, as it is my hobby. I use satnav not to get lost in the woods and the digital photo phrame frame for keeping memorable photos at hand.

Сообщение отредактировал posternaksophie - Четверг, 16.06.2022, 11:32

katyadorniakДата: Вторник, 07.06.2022, 23:16 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник

In my daily life, I use mainly a LAPTOP, a SMARTPHONE and a slow cooker. Such a set can be ASSOCIATED with a boring average life. Yes, I do not use the wonders of GENETIC ENGINEERING and am as far as possible from using STEM CELLS. But I'm not ready to ALTER the FEATURES of my daily life and INTERACT with complex TECHNOLOGIES, as well as controversial technologies like CLONING. I'm happy with what I have.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 33 Science and technology
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024