[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 21 Music
Unit 21 Music
readeralexeyДата: Понедельник, 13.09.2021, 13:14 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
1. Do you usually listen to music in playlists, albums or individual tracks?

2.  Is music on your computer synced with your phone?

3. Do you ever stream music beyond your private space? How do people react?

4. Do you have a favourite band? Who is its lead singer? Do you know any one of the backing by name?

5. If you could ever join a rock band, what would you prefer to be?

6. Are you into music? What is your taste in music?

7. Do you prefer instrumental music or vocals?

8. What are your favourite soundtracks?

9. Why do you think they play canned music in public places? Is it ok with you?

10. Are you familiar with any of the following types of music:

New Age, Meditation, Electronics, Alternative, Country music, House, Blues, Eastern, Dance, Soul, Indie, Punk, Reggae, Lounge, Rock'n'roll, Techno, Experimental, Progressive rock, Trance, Funk, Reggaeton, Chanson, Folk-rock, Drum and bass, Celtic, Urban, Hardcore, Industrial, Ska, Dubstep, Nu metal, Dub, Epic, New Wave, Progressive, Post-rock, Post-hardcore, K-pop, J-pop, Bollywood, Stoner Rock, Arabesque, Grunge?

Are you into any of them? Can you describe it?

11. If it comes to classical music, do you prefer original piece or in a modern arrangement? Why?

12. Can you read music? If yes, how much time did it take you to learn?

13. Can you pick out a tune or sing by ear?

14. What are the most popular ways of making music? What unusual ways of making music do you know?

15. What do you like most: art, literature, music, or cinema, and why?

16. How often do you sing, and in what circumstances? What are your favourite pieces for singing?

marichernaya911Дата: Понедельник, 20.09.2021, 15:41 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
7. Do you prefer instrumental music or vocals?

To be honest, it’s hard for me to tell whether I prefer instrumental music or vocals. I suppose, I like both. It depends on the situation and activity I am doing at the moment.

I prefer listening to vocals when I am on the walk. I don’t really know why. I suppose, that’s because the thoughts and ideas of songs (I like ones based on good poetry, mostly) come into my mind and I analyze them on the go. Moreover, I like the sound of human voice. That’s why I am keen on solo and duo acoustic songs. This way you can recognize singer's soul and individuality, and it's so interesting!

On the other hand, I listen to instrumental music when I am studying, doing chores or when my attention is caught by some mechanic activity. Instrumental music often helps me to think more brightly, it inspires me and harmonizes my thoughts and feelings.

Thus, it always depends.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Воскресенье, 10.10.2021, 14:13

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 27.09.2021, 15:27 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
Are you into music? What is your taste in music?

I think that I am into music. I have been playing the piano since my childhood and recently I managed to play the guitar. Moreover, I like singing. All these activities cheer me up and make me happier.

I was grown up on classical music. I was taught to play pieces of Bach, Mozart. For playing such music, I had to improve my skills, that’s why I practised scales and etudes, for example, by Carl Czerny. Note that I’m fond of both vocal and instrumental classical music.

Nevertheless, I like modern music too. In my opinion, there are many talented singers and composers in the modern music world. I enjoy listening to songs of Ed Sheehan, Christina Perri, Lara Fabian and Coldplay.

Finally I would like to say that music has an important influence on people. Good music rests hearts, chasing anxiety away.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Среда, 08.12.2021, 09:26

tsvioletta17Дата: Понедельник, 27.09.2021, 19:04 | Сообщение # 4
Подполковник
5.If you could ever join a rock band, what would you prefer to be?

Truth be told, it is an engrossing question. I have always been in love with music and even thought about my musical group. When I was a child, I dreamt of being a singer, but my voice isn’t perfect.

Despite this drawback, I have always been passionate about music. As a child, I studied at a music school and played the violin and the piano. However, these efforts were not crowned with success and I dropped out of music school. Not so long ago, I thought that I would like to learn how to play the drums. This is incredibly cool!

You may feel the music, melody and rhythm, and the place of a drummer in a rock band sounds worthy and exciting. My rock band would go on tours and give concerts, and people would enjoy our music and energy!

To sum up, I want to say that I would like to join a rock band, and to play the drum will stay my little dream.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Четверг, 11.11.2021, 10:56

sasavasl15Дата: Воскресенье, 21.11.2021, 17:23 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
8. What are your favorite soundtracks?

Music is one of the integral parts of my life. I'm used to listening to music all the time - when I'm going somewhere, waiting for someone, when I'm walking or doing notes or study assignments. Music can just play in the background, and sometimes affect my mood or even thoughts.

From the very early childhood, on the initiative of my mother, I went to music school, listened and played classics. And at the same time, I got acquainted with the world of rock, both foreign and Russian, rap, punk, rock'n'roll and others, together with dad.

As a result, this led to the fact that now I call myself a music lover. My favorite soundtracks are collected from different musical genres. I can name such tracks as Vivaldi - "Seasons", Beethoven - "Symphony № 5" or The Offspring - "Pretty Fly", Oxxxymiron - "City under the Sole", Alice - "Earth", Vance Joy - "Riptide".

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Воскресенье, 21.11.2021, 17:23

antonryadinskiДата: Среда, 01.12.2021, 21:20 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник

I am definitely into music! I can't say that I listen to it so often, but anyway I can't live without it. Usually, I listen to music when I go somewhere. I like also to follow the song's lyrics, so I don't usually listen to songs for fun, but I try to understand the meaning. When I find a new band I often read biography of the musicians. Music for me isn't a thing to improve the mood or to dance with because I listen to songs very attentively and I can't relax.

My favourite type of music is indie. I like this genre especially. I like the rhythm and the instrumental of indie. Besides, this genre is full of meaningful lyrics and I like that.

My brother is very fond of music and when he was a young boy, our grandmother presented him with an MP3 player. At that time it was a unique thing and we downloaded a lot of ALBUMS of rock music. We listened to these TRACKS for days and nights. Rock music influenced my brother a lot and he decided to be a BASS GUITARIST as he WAS INTO this genre. Later he changed his mind. He still wanted to MAKE MUSIC and became a professional DRUMMER.

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 19:00

vernik04Дата: Четверг, 02.12.2021, 01:02 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
4. Do you have a favourite band? Who is its lead singer? Do you know any one of the backing by name?

My favourite band at the moment is Maneskin. They are a quite young band from Italy. The first time I heard them was in May when I watched the Eurovision Song Contest. I was amazed at how great and charismatic they are. It was the love at first sight. Its lead singer's name is Damiano David, he has one of the best voices I've ever heard. The bass player's name is Vikki, she's the only girl in the band. Actually, she gave the name to the band. Maneskin means "moonlight" in Danish. The next member of the band is Thomas, he's a lead guitarist. I'd like to say that what he does on the stage is an incredible show, he's very talented. The last, but not least is Ethan. He plays drums brilliantly and also he has beautiful long hair, I just love it. The band doesn't have a keyboard player, because they perform rock songs. They've released only one album so far, but they are extremely popular now, so it's just a matter of time when there are going to be more Maneskin's songs.

My favourite BAND at the moment is Maneskin. Its LEAD SINGER's name is Damiano David, he has one of the best voices I've ever heard. The BASS PLAYER's name is Vikki, she's the only girl in the band.  The next member of the band is Thomas, he's a LEAD GUITARIST.  The last, but not least is Ethan, he is a DRUMMER. The band doesn't have a KEYBOARD PLAYER, because they perform rock songs. They've released only one ALBUM so far, but they are extremely popular now, so it's just a matter of time when there are going to be more Maneskin's songs.

Сообщение отредактировал vernik04 - Понедельник, 06.12.2021, 17:29

katyadorniakДата: Пятница, 03.12.2021, 23:58 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
1. Do you usually listen to music in playlists, albums or individual tracks?

In the app in which I listen to music, there is an opportunity to make your own playlists, but I have never really bothered to do it. I usually turn on the music in any order and see what happens. I can quite enjoy a combination of Russian rock, the Beatles and some hip-hop compositions in any sequence. The change of tone, mood, rhythm - I really like it. My main playlist defies any logic.

However, I do have a couple of playlists for special occasions. In one of them I collect songs that help me cope with anxiety, in the other - music that reminds me of pleasant times.

5. What do you like most: art, literature, music, or cinema, and why?

This is an incredibly difficult question. To explain myself I will try to resort to metaphors.

Literature is my chosen one, with whom I was "legally married" by enrolling in philology. If I didn't love it, I wouldn't have chosen it as my future. Sometimes it's hard for me to force myself to "perform marital duties," but I'm always rewarded for it.

Music is my kind genius, my inspiration. I spend my whole life with headphones, singing along to my favorite songs, shaking my head, moving my shoulders and snapping my fingers to the rhythm of the melody. Music gives me an incentive to work, helps me stay afloat, it's always with me.

Cinematography is my Lady, to whom I rarely go to pay a humble visit, but every time it's something that changes me. A good movie on the silver screen is always an unforgettable experience for me, but I'm afraid to abuse it so that the magic doesn't disappear.

Therefore, I don't have a simple answer to the question of what I like more.

16. How often do you sing, and in what circumstances? What are your favourite pieces for singing?

I sing, in fact, all the time. More precisely, I sing along to the songs that sound in my headphones. I've listened to most of them so many times that I remember them by heart. The great benefit that I received from studying here is the ability to distinguish words in songs and pronounce them correctly. For almost three years I have been living in a dorm without a neighbor, so my singing cannot embarrass anyone. The main conditions are the absence of people nearby, good music and the right mood.

I sing mostly what my voice can handle. I'm pretty good at the parts in the songs of Amy Macdonald, Billy Talent and some others that are easy to keep up with. I also love Hollywood Undead, but it's hard for me to sing along, because their songs are very dynamic.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал katyadorniak - Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 16:06

abalakinan27Дата: Суббота, 04.12.2021, 13:16 | Сообщение # 9
Полковник

I'm into singing while I am alone and nobody can prevent me from it or be disturbed by my voice. I suppose that more often it occurs in church and it doesn't matter whether I stand in church choir or not. Once in a blue moon I sing when I am bubbling with excitement but usually it's my way to beat the stress.

I have various tastes in music. As for me it's rather hard to reproduce classical music despite my liking for it. I sing jazz, canned music and 60s music with great pleasure. And last but not least are soundtracks which are associated with different film snippets. They may evoke barrage of niceness or make me absorbed in compassionate thoughts.

Добавлено (04.12.2021, 13:17)
---------------------------------------------
Talking about myself I had an experience of being a LEAD SINGER. But I can't play LEAD GUITAR, be a KEYBOARD PLAYER, a fairly good BASS GUITARIST or a DRUMMER... Because I have never attended musical school! Therefore, I don't MAKE MUSIC but I am lucky that I have got A GOOD EAR. I wish I could READ MUSIC, PICK OUT a TUNE on some instrument and were a TALENTED MUSICIAN. But I'm absolutely delighted with my voice and you don't need to be a TRAINED MUSICIAN to enjoy music to the full.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Суббота, 04.12.2021, 13:22

katyadorniakДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 16:07 | Сообщение # 10
Полковник
Creating BANDS is not an easy task. It's not easy to gather a bunch of people who know how to PICK OUT a TUNE, READ MUSIC and have a GOOD EAR. The most important thing in the group is the chemistry between the members, which allows you to MAKE MUSIC. The distribution of roles in the group is no less difficult: everyone wants to be a LEAD SINGER. Although it is often not the central ones who achieve fame, but a TALENTED MUSICIAN, for example, LEAD GUITARIST Eddie Van Halen. Sometimes roles are combined in groups, for example, Ringo Starr was an excellent DRUMMER and performed solos in some songs. The question often arises, which is better: TRAINED MUSICIAN or inspired? As for me, ideally these two qualities should intersect in an ideal musician, be it a BASS GUITARIST or KEYBOARD PLAYER. A good ALBUM cannot be released without the collaboration of all the band members.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

amasaltsevaДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 19:44 | Сообщение # 11
Полковник

Without any doubt I can consider myself as a person who is fond of music. I have been keen on it since my childhood and now I literally can't live without it. I listen to music while walking, doing chores, sometimes while studying. When I don't listen to music, I "make" it by myself - sing and play the accompaniment on the piano, or sing "a cappella". I can easily do it as I used to study in a musical school.

Although I love listening to different kinds of music, from classical to rock, and there is a variety of bands I love, I would name "Alternative" as the type of music I fancy more than others and "Radiohead" as my favourite musical group.

The lead singer of my favourite band, an English rock band from Oxfordshire, formed in 1985 called "Radiohead", is Thom Yorke.

Other band members: Colin Greenwood, bass; his brother Jonny Greenwood, lead guitar and keyboards; Ed O'Brien, backing vocals and guitar; Phillip Selway, drums.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Среда, 08.12.2021, 13:04

posternaksophieДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 19:51 | Сообщение # 12
Подполковник
Do you usually listen to music in playlists, albums or individual tracks?

My choice of music is quite weird as I don't listen to a lot of music in my day to day life. Normally I listen to individual tracks which I heard somewhere and liked. For example, now as I'm writing this essay I'm listening to a Christmas Carol "Gaudete". It is a single track I listened to some time ago and now remembered it because of Christmas.
Sometimes after listening to a single I find the singer's album and listen to it, but they seldom appeal to me. Sometimes I compile playlists from songs I like and don't have to struggle to put the songs in the order I want to listen to them.

The ALBUMS I DOWNLOAD consist of INDIVIDUAL TRACKS. Usually these are TRACKS of some popular BANDS or LEAD SINGERS whom I like. Among THE GENRES which I find appealing are FOLK, RAP, 60'S MUSIC, RandB, JAZZ AND HIP-HOP. I also like CLASSICAL MUSIC but only if it's PERFORMED by TALENTED MUSICIANS.

veronikachernykh15Дата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 20:13 | Сообщение # 13
Майор
If it comes to classical music, do you prefer original pieces or in a modern arrangement? Why?

If it comes to classical music I am very radical. I played the piano and cello for 7 years. Since my early childhood my family and I used to go to the concerts of classical music every two or three weeks. I even have had a desire to go to the music college. So I adore classical music and know a lot about it. That's why I can't stand any variations of original music compositions. I consider that modern arrangement kills the original intent of a composer.

In addition I want to mention that every piece of music has the structure which makes the idea of the composition. For instance pieces of music usually have three and more parts. The first part is vivacious the second part is more peaceful and so on. That means that any changes in original composition desecrate it.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Среда, 08.12.2021, 20:13

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 06.12.2021, 03:04 | Сообщение # 14
Полковник
6. Are you into music? What is your taste in music?

To be honest, I can't imagine my life without music. I am one of those people who listen to music all day long. No matter what I do, my favorite ones always play in my headphones.

In my opinion, music plays an important role in a person's life. It's amazing how effective its influence is. Music can calm, cheer up, reduce anxiety and stress.

I can call myself a music lover. A music lover is a person who can listen to completely different genres of music. Sometimes, when I feel like I don't have enough energy, I listen to AC DC at full volume, and then I can easily switch to lyrical love songs.

Lately I have been listening to classical music very often and I remember the good old days when I spent hours at music school. Music is an integral part of my life.

Добавлено (11.12.2021, 12:58)
---------------------------------------------
My favorite band released a new ALBUM the day before yesterday. I immediately added it to my PLAYLIST. And today I already know by heart two TRACKS out of six.

tsumskaa30Дата: Среда, 19.01.2022, 18:33 | Сообщение # 15
Полковник
12. Can you read music? If yes, how much time did it take you to learn?

I can read music thanks to my elder brother who once made me enter the music school. He himself couldn’t read music and felt sorry about it. From his personal experience he realised how important it is to have the ability to play some musical instrument. That’s why he decided to send me to learn music.
Then comes a funny story. My mother wanted me to play the piano as it’s a classical instrument, suitable for a girl. But my father didn’t want to buy the piano and to deliver it to the third floor. I myself even couldn’t realise what was happening as I didn’t want to try something that was unknown for me, I was really shy.
The day of the testing came. I was to sing something that I knew, and the commission board was to decide if I had a good ear and which instrument I had a gift for. I remembered a folk song and performed it. This song (in Russian called «А мы Масленицу дожидаем») sealed my fate. The commission board came to the decision that I should study domra - a Russian folk instrument. My parents heard nothing of it before, and it was a great surprise for everybody.

I was learning to play domra for the next 5 years. I took part in a big orchestra, this experience was beyond expression, just incredible. At the same time I managed to play the keyboard and the guitar. I continued to visit my music school two years after my graduation.

I have no hesitation in saying that the years spent in the music school, were the most bright and memorable moments for me.

Sentences: 

I AM NOT INTO rock music, but that’s quite understandable because everybody has different TASTES. Despite of this fact, I would like to imagine myself a participant of one ROCK BAND.
I can READ MUSIC, though I usually don’t PLAY BY EAR. I can’t say that I’m a TALENTED MUSICIAN but I tried to MAKE MUSIC when I was 12-13 years old, and I even created my own band.
First of all, I couldn’t be a LEAD SINGER as I feel embarrassed to sing alone. Besides, I hardly know how to be a DRUMMER.
However, I would gladly be a BASS GUITARIST because I like clear rhythm or play the LEAD GUITAR! I also could be a KEYBOARD PLAYER if the band needed it!

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Среда, 16.02.2022, 12:58

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 21 Music
  • Страница 1 из 2
  • »
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024