Genesis 23, 1-9 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Bible Study » Genesis » Genesis 23, 1-9
Genesis 23, 1-9
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 03.12.2023, 21:56 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
1 And Sarah was an hundred and seven and twenty years old: these were the years of the life of Sarah.

2 And Sarah died in Kirjatharba ['kɪriæθ 'arbə]; the same is Hebron in the land of Canaan: and Abraham came to mourn for Sarah, and to weep for her.

3 And Abraham stood up from before his dead, and spake unto the sons of Heth, saying,

4 I am a stranger and a sojourner with you: give me a possession of a buryingplace with you, that I may bury my dead out of my sight.

5 And the children of Heth answered Abraham, saying unto him,

6 Hear us, my lord: thou art a mighty prince among us: in the choice of our sepulchres bury thy dead; none of us shall withhold from thee his sepulchre, but that thou mayest bury thy dead.

7 And Abraham stood up, and bowed himself to the people of the land, even to the children of Heth.

8 And he communed with them, saying, If it be your mind that I should bury my dead out of my sight; hear me, and intreat for me to Ephron the son of Zohar,

9 That he may give me the cave of Machpelah, which he hath, which is in the end of his field; for as much money as it is worth he shall give it me for a possession of a buryingplace amongst you.

yarovaya02Дата: Среда, 06.12.2023, 19:15 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
23:5 “ты князь Божий посреди нас”;
Abraham was highly respected among other people. Lopuchin writes:
“The Hebrew word "Elohim", translated here in the sense of indicating God, should in fact be more correctly translated as an adjective: "strong, mighty", then the whole phrase will receive the proper form and will be completely understandable in the mouths of the pagan...”

marichernaya911Дата: Пятница, 08.12.2023, 19:54 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
Abraham said: "I am a stranger and a sojourner with you", and asked some land to bury his dead wife. He was a stranger, as we see, he doesn't have any possession. But he is loved by the people of the earth he lives in so much, that they call him "lord" and "a mighty prince". Why?

I guess, the reason is that a man who fears God and lives according to His commandments just behaves with love and respect, do good things to others, and is loved by them, despite of their own faith.

amasaltsevaДата: Воскресенье, 10.12.2023, 23:40 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Sahara is the only woman in the Old Testament, whose age is mentioned. That makes her special and emphasizes her status of the mother of all the faithful.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Воскресенье, 10.12.2023, 23:41

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Bible Study » Genesis » Genesis 23, 1-9
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024