*Genesis 04, 9-17 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Bible Study » Genesis » *Genesis 04, 9-17
*Genesis 04, 9-17
readeralexeyДата: Понедельник, 11.09.2023, 16:25 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
9 And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother's keeper?

10 And he said, What hast thou done? the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground.

11 And now art thou cursed from the earth, which hath opened her mouth to receive thy brother's blood from thy hand;

12 When thou tillest the ground, it shall not henceforth yield unto thee her strength; a fugitive and a vagabond shalt thou be in the earth.

13 And Cain said unto the LORD, My punishment is greater than I can bear.

14 Behold, thou hast driven me out this day from the face of the earth; and from thy face shall I be hid; and I shall be a fugitive and a vagabond in the earth; and it shall come to pass, that every one that findeth me shall slay me.

15 And the LORD said unto him, Therefore whosoever slayeth Cain, vengeance shall be taken on him sevenfold. And the LORD set a mark upon Cain, lest any finding him should kill him.

16 And Cain went out from the presence of the LORD, and dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden.

17 And Cain knew his wife; and she conceived, and bare Enoch: and he builded a city, and called the name of the city, after the name of his son, Enoch.

Suggested questions

Why would God a) communicate with a murderer and b) ask him a question He knew the answer to (cf. Gen. 4:10)?

What does Cain's response to God's question signify and how does it compare to Adam's response in similar circumstances (Gen. 3, 9-12)?

How do you understand these words of God: "the voice of thy brother's blood crieth unto me from the ground"?

Compare the curse of Cain (Gen. 4, 11-12) with the curse of Adam (Gen. 3:17) and the curse of the serpent (Gen. 3:14). What conclusion can be drawn?

What does Cain's response to God's verdict (v. 13-14) signify about his state of mind? How does it compare to Adam ans Eve's response in similar circumstances?

Why would God avenge Cain's murderer sevenfold, when the murderer Cain was allowed to live and even given guarantees of immunity?

After being cursed Cain "dwelt in the land of Nod, on the east of Eden" (v. 16) and "he builded a city" (v. 17). What kind of "a fugitive and a vagabond" (v. 12, 14) is this?

Comment upon the emergence of city life in connection with the story of Cain.

In what ways is murder contrary to God's will?

In what ways does Abel prefigure Christ? In what ways does Cain prefigure those who killed Christ?

Can the story of Cain and Abel be regarded as a prototype of any civil (fratricidal) war? Support your view.

alekssander-com29Дата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 20:52 | Сообщение # 2
Подполковник
Статус: Offline
Why would God a) communicate with a murderer and b) ask him a question He knew the answer to (cf. Gen. 4:10)?

The Lord`s communication with Cain, even after his act of murder, demonstrates God`s continued care for His creation and His desire to give Cain a chance to confess and repent, likewise it was when Adam and Eve hid from the Lord after eating the forbidden fruit. The question serves as an opportunity for Cain to acknowledge his guilt, and seek reconciliation with God. It also highlights God's commitment to engage with people, even in their fallen state.

In what ways is murder contrary to God's will?

Murder is contrary to God's will as it involves the intentional taking of human life, which is a sacred creation in the image of God. God values life and commands humans not to commit murder, recognizing the inherent dignity and sanctity of every person`s life. Moreover life is a sacred gift from God to every living human being which is personally given from the Lord to a particular person, and other people just have no right to take something that was given by God.

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Вторник, 26.12.2023, 22:56

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Bible Study » Genesis » *Genesis 04, 9-17
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024