Genesis 06, 1-7 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Bible Study » Genesis » Genesis 06, 1-7
Genesis 06, 1-7
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 02.09.2023, 14:56 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
1 And it came to pass, when men began to multiply on the face of the earth, and daughters were born unto them,

2 That the sons of God saw the daughters of men that they were fair; and they took them wives of all which they chose.

3 And the LORD said, My spirit shall not always strive with man, for that he also is flesh: yet his days shall be an hundred and twenty years.

4 There were giants in the earth in those days; and also after that, when the sons of God came in unto the daughters of men, and they bare children to them, the same became mighty men which were of old, men of renown.

5 And GOD saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually.

6 And it repented the LORD that he had made man on the earth, and it grieved him at his heart.

7 And the LORD said, I will destroy man whom I have created from the face of the earth; both man, and beast, and the creeping thing, and the fowls of the air; for it repenteth me that I have made them.

tsvioletta17Дата: Пятница, 27.10.2023, 00:55 | Сообщение # 2
Подполковник
This Bible passage is actually quite interesting, and even contradictory and strange. It is worthy of discussion and reflection.

Firstly, it would seem that God never makes mistakes, and here He cries that He made a mistake in creating man. How is it possible?

Secondly, God loves his creation, man, unconditionally. God loves everyone. But here he cries that he wants to "exterminate" all people. How is that possible?

I don't have the intelligence to answer these questions myself, but I can guess. As I wrote above, God loves all people, naturally. Therefore, he did not create them (us) as robots without free will, but created us so that we could choose to be with God or not. Since Adam and Eve had already "tried" to do this, God still continued to love and give people everything, and they in turn chose sin, and fornication. This is probably why God was saddened by the fact that man existed. But I still don't fully understand this passage.

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 20.11.2023, 15:42 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
To be honest, I don't really see how God can regret what He himself created. How can He be sorry that He created man and want to exterminate all humans? Yes, God is saddened by what he sees, He is sad that man has come to this state. But how can a perfect God want to destroy everyone? Is He suggesting that He made a mistake in creating all of us?

It's a complicated question. After all, we know that God loves us with an unconditional love.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Понедельник, 20.11.2023, 15:42

amasaltsevaДата: Воскресенье, 10.12.2023, 21:38 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Genesis 2:1 is believed by many to be a very difficult place to interpret. Who are meant by "the sons of God" who "saw the daughters of men"? Some theologians suggest, the sons of God are angels, some believe men of higher position to be meant. The commentary of Ss. John Chrysostom and Ephraim the Syrian says they were pious descendants of Sith.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Суббота, 11.05.2024, 12:38

salomiagudovaДата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 15:45 | Сообщение # 5
Подполковник
The beginning of chapter 6 explains the reason behind the Flood, which was the great wickedness of people in those times. The situation was so dire that “every imagination of the thoughts of [man’s] heart was only evil continually.” And one of the reasons for their wickedness was the fact that “the sons of God” took as wives “the daughters of men.” Who were those sons of God and daughters of men? Metropolitan Philaret says that sons of God might be offspring of Seth, the third son of Adam and Eve, and daughters of men might me offspring of Cain. And so, first we see the moral state of people in those times and then we see God’s judgment on them, that is, their destruction. And Metropolitan Philaret adds that those people did not perish because God is severe, but because they were too stubborn to change and receive His mercy.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Пятница, 22.12.2023, 15:45

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Bible Study » Genesis » Genesis 06, 1-7
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024