не предусмотрено.

Четверг, 16.05.2024, 02:26
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 293 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 293 (Gerondissa Makrina Vassopoulou)
Quote 293
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 27.04.2024, 19:09 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
We must have self-denial. Self-denial will bring transformation, tears, humility; it will bring everything. God can't help but fill that soul with His grace. When we don't have grace, we don't struggle, and we immediately say improper things, talk back, get angry, shout and make gestures, and have inappropriate sadness at the slightest thing.

Gerondissa Makrina (Vassopoulou)

tsumskaa30Дата: Среда, 01.05.2024, 13:40 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
Gerondissa Makrina (Vassopoulou) suggests that a true Christian must have self-denial. The following passage from the Holy Gospel correlates with her idea: “…Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me” (Mark 8:34). The question is what “denying oneself” means. Let’s compare these lines with the Gospel in Basic English: “If any man has the desire to come after me, let him give up all other desires, and take up his cross and come after me”. So, “denying oneself” can be used in the meaning of “giving up all other desires” in the sense of putting aside our own ego when our neighbour needs help.
Indeed, we want to be with the Lord, to follow Him. But if so, we should open our heart for Him. And if we are selfish, our heart is filled with our own desires and there’s no place for God.

The second important thought in this quote is that without God’s grace we can do nothing. That’s true because we are like branches of the vine, and only if we abide in Christ, we can bring fruit. (John 15:5).

To conclude, I fully agree with Gerondissa Makrina, with the way she interestingly connects self-denial and bearing fruit of virtue.

dawa2311Дата: Четверг, 02.05.2024, 13:36 | Сообщение # 3
Сержант
We must have self-denial. Self denial will bring transformation, tears, humility; it will bring everything. God can't help but fill that soul with His grace. When we don't have grace, we don't struggle,and we immediately say improper things, talk back, get angry, shout and make gestures and have inapoppriate sadness at the slightest things. That's what is said by Gerondissa Makrina (Vassopoulou). I partly agree with that issue. I'll try to explain why.
      On the one hand, very few people can achieve self-denial. I suppose only saint people can achieve it. We are lay people. We are all sinners. We are always proud sometimes.  We put ourselves above the circumstances and above the people around us. what's  As a result, when something goes wrong ( not the way we wanted), it is hard for us to put up with something, we get angry and we can't have self-denial. What' s more we are to connected with other people. This fact makes total self- denying almost impossible.
        On the other hand, Gerondissa Makrina is right.  We must have self- denial to become closer, or  a little closer to God. and more humble to prove ourselves and , probably, even to God that we are true Christians. So, sometimes, God sends us some circumstances that we may learn self- denying at least a little bit.
       To sum up, I would like to say that, although self-denying is very difficult thing, in my opinion, we should  at least  strive for this.

Дарья Ткачёва

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 293 (Gerondissa Makrina Vassopoulou)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024