не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 11:46
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 292 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 292 (Elder Thaddeus Strabulovich)
Quote 292
readeralexeyДата: Пятница, 19.04.2024, 17:51 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
The Holy Fathers say that there are only four things we may think about during prayer. We are not exactly to think of them but to bear them in mind. These are death, the Judgment, heaven, and hell.

Elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) of Vitovnica

dawa2311Дата: Среда, 24.04.2024, 22:04 | Сообщение # 2
Сержант
The holy fathers say there are  only four things we may think about during prayer. We are not exactly  to thinkof them but to bear them in mind.  These are death, the Judgement, heaven and hell. This is the assertion of the elder Thaddeus (Strabulovich) of vitonica. I agree with it and I'll try to explain why.
     In some of my essays I mtntioned that prayer is a dialog with God. I want to return this idea again. If the prayer is a dialog with God, it means God can hear us. He exists in reality and presents everywhere, especially, where there are people who love Him. Consequently, we are standing right in front of the Lord while praying. The same will be at the Last Judgement. We will stand right in front of the throne of the Lord. Everyone will see iur unrepentant sins. I think we will feel very shameful.  Everyone of us will know that we deserve punishment. We deserve staying in aplace where shall be weeping and gnashing of teeth.  (Mathew, 22:13). Moreover, we also should remember that we don't know our death hour. So, we must pray as if it is for the last time  (before the death) because we don't know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh (Mathew, 25:13).  As we don't  deserve the present God prepared for us (heaven), we should hope that we will have a chance at least to look at it. 
        In conclusion, I can say that thinking about heaven, Judgement, hell and death is truly important. because these things are waiting for us in the future but for God past,present and future do not exist  God is always here and now. and our eternal life shall be here and now. We shall, probably, not only remember that, even feel that while praying.

Дарья Ткачёва

tsumskaa30Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 10:42 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник

I definitely agree with this statement. Of course, we should always make an effort to get rid of idle thoughts during prayer. Thus, bearing in mind death, the Judgement and hell will help us to realise all the dreadfulness of our sins and to repent as one of the key purposes of prayer is repentance. At the same time, thoughts about heaven will definitely guard us from falling into despondency and give us hope.

Nevertheless, some spiritual fathers advice us to talk to God about everything that is vital for us, even about our earthly concerns and everyday problems.

Therefore, I agree with the Holy Fathers that when we read our morning and evening prayers, for example, we should concentrate on them but in the end we can appeal to the Lord personally and talk to Him with our own words discussing those matters that worry us.

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 292 (Elder Thaddeus Strabulovich)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024