не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 10:48
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 291 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 291 (St. Theophan the Recluse)
Quote 291
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 13.04.2024, 13:10 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
And so, it is clear that without zeal a Christian is a poor Christian. He is drowsy, feeble, lifeless, neither hot nor cold—and this kind of life is not life at all. Knowing this, let us strive to manifest ourselves as true zealots of good deeds, so that we might truly be pleasing to God, having neither stain nor spot, nor any of these things.

St. Theophan the Recluse, bishop of Tambov

dawa2311Дата: Среда, 17.04.2024, 15:21 | Сообщение # 2
Сержант
And so, it is clear that without zeal a Christian is a poor Christian . He is drowsy , feeble, lifeless, neither hot nor cold - and this kind of life is not life at all. Knowing this let us strive to manifest ourselves as true zealots of goods deeds ,so that we might truely be pleasing to God , having neither stain, nor spot nor any of this things. This is the statement of St. Theophan the recluse . I agree with this issue and I'll try to prove it.
    Obviously, we shouldn't  make sins to avoid going to hell. When we don't do bad things in is good but also, we need to do good things to demonstrate to God that we love Him. We have to show it by helping other, taking care about poor and sick people and so on.  If we don't do this, we may hear the words: " I never knew you . Away from me  evildoers... (Mathew, 7: 23  ). For I was hungry, and you gave no food , I was thursty, and you gave me nothing to drink, I was sick and in prison , and you did not visit Me..."( Mathew, 25). 
     It means that we should show to God that we truly love Him and we are not telling a lie when saying we are christians.  We should always remember the words from the Gospel: "Not everyone who says to Me lord, lord will enter the kindom of Heaven, but only the one who does the will of My Father in heaven." (Mathew, 7 :21). If we will behave according to this words we will be real christians.

Дарья Ткачёва

tsumskaa30Дата: Воскресенье, 21.04.2024, 18:43 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
Being a religious zealot may sound negative in some context. However, St. Theophan the Recluse is sure that a Christian must necessarily have zeal and live actively. 
Thus, if we attend church regularly, give alms and so on but do not have this zeal, we are like “…sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal” (1Cor. 13:1).

Indeed, indifference is the worst quality for a Christian. For Jesus Christ told us to “…love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind” (Mth. 22:37). The only thing that our Saviour waits from us is our heart, our fully devotion to Him. 

This state can also be compared to the family life. So, we say that a couple is happily married when they love each other, trying to do everything to please one another. On the contrary, if a husband and a wife are not interested in each other but just live together being officially registered, we doubt their happiness. 

The same is with our relations with God. If we truly love Him, it is evident that we will do our best not to move away from Him due to our sins. And our fervent zeal shows that we truly want to be with our God.

amasaltsevaДата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 00:00 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
In Revelation 3:15-16 it is said: “I know your deeds, that you are neither cold nor hot. I wish you were either one or the other! So, because you are lukewarm - neither hot nor cold - I am about to spit you out of my mouth”. You can’t be “warm” when it comes to your faith, indeed, as St. Theophan the Recluse writes, “without zeal a Christian is a poor Christian”. Love can’t grow from indifference, and without Love there is no faith. The “zeal” may be produced by good deeds as an act of active faith, though, I suggest that’s not the only way to show your inner strength, enthusiasm, passion and care, which is to be "hot".

sensualpie111Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 20:21 | Сообщение # 5
Подполковник
I really like this quote from St. Theophan the Recluse, bishop of Tambov. After all, without zeal in any area of ​​life, a person becomes like an amoeba. I have always admired people who had zeal for the faith, whether they were saints, missionaries, or simply parishioners of our temple. I especially like those people who use their zeal to help others in their search for faith. Indeed, in this way, new people gain the opportunity to be saved, and helpers are strengthened in their faith. I myself have worked as a volunteer in an Orthodox children's camp and in a Sunday school at a church, but I believe that I still lack zeal and diligence in matters of faith.

Para Julia

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 291 (St. Theophan the Recluse)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024