не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 13:06
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 285 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 285 (Archbishop Averky Taushev)
Quote 285
readeralexeyДата: Пятница, 23.02.2024, 14:30 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
If there is no evil will, there will be no evil works. This means that the main thing is not works but man's inner disposition, the good or evil will of his soul and the virtuous or depraved condition of his heart, from which good or evil works are born naturally.

Archbishop Averky (Taushev)

sodrozdovaДата: Понедельник, 26.02.2024, 12:59 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
I agree with the quote. Through good works the world becomes better but it is impossible to do something worthy  if you don't have virtuous condition of their hearts. The main thing that Christianity teaches us is Love, and there are no love without kindness and humility.
    We have to care a lot about our inner disposition of the heart so that we will naturally care about other people and do something worthy for them. Kindness is the only thing in this world that gives birth to Love.

dawa2311Дата: Понедельник, 26.02.2024, 13:12 | Сообщение # 3
Сержант
If there is  no evil will, there will be no evil works.  This means that the main thing is not works, but man's inner disposition, the good or evil will of his soul  and the virtuous or depraved condition of the heart, from which good or evil works are born natuarally. This is the Achibishop Averky 's statement. I partly agree with it. I'll try to explain why.
The main piont here is that the God does not judge by external deeds, but looks into a person's heart. So, the works are not as important as the state of the soul at the moment of action.
On the one hand, of course the heart and thought  are more important for God: "Anyone who looks at a woman lustfully has already commited adultery with her in his heart." ( Matthew, 5: 28). Hence, although, the sin has not been made yet, but the thought had already been. If we don't get rid of the thought in time, in fact it is also a sin.
On the other hand thoughts and works are connected.  If the person is good, he will never do any evil things.  He may do some bad things unintentionally, but the frequency of such actions will be extremely low. And likewise, if the person is bad, he will do bad things. Even if the actions look like good, the God will not consider them as the good actions.  Moreover, the God also judges by the works: " You belong to your father the devil and you want to carry out your father's desires". (Joahn, 8:44).
Consequently, we can cnclude that the soul important, but at the same time, the works and the state of the soul are interconnected.

Дарья Ткачёва

Сообщение отредактировал dawa2311 - Понедельник, 26.02.2024, 13:13

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 26.02.2024, 15:46 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Heart is a center of our spiritual life. If it is clear pure and virtuous, our words and deeds are good. Like Saint David the Psalmist we ask: “Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me.“, for “blessed are the pure in heart, for they shall see God."(Matthew 5:8)

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 16:42

tsvioletta17Дата: Вторник, 27.02.2024, 00:25 | Сообщение # 5
Подполковник
This quote brought a few thoughts to my mind. Firstly, without evil we would not know what good is. That is why evil exists in the world. "We may not fully understand with our minds what God is, but we know what God is not - He is not evil". Secondly, sin begins with a thought. One may not commit an evil act, but the very thought of the possibility of its existence is already a sin (which one must remember to repent of). Thirdly, from a good heart and mind comes good, from an evil heart and mind comes evil. Keeping the mind and heart clean we will be more attentive to our actions. As it's said: "If you want to be kind - be kind".

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Вторник, 27.02.2024, 00:27

marichernaya911Дата: Понедельник, 04.03.2024, 14:12 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
Christ says: "What comes out of a person is what defiles them. For it is from within, out of a person’s heart, that evil thoughts come —sexual immorality, theft, murder, adultery, greed, malice, deceit, lewdness, envy, slander, arrogance and folly. All these evils come from inside and defile a person.” (Mark 7:20-23) The beginnings of our actions are inside us. The idea of the New Testament reveals the Old one so that it teaches not only to be righteous in actions, but also in thoughts. "You have heard that it was said to the people long ago, ‘You shall not murder, and anyone who murders will be subject to judgment.' But I tell you that anyone who is angry with a brother or sister will be subject to judgment" (Math. 5:21-22). We are called to be perfect as God is. And we shall should start perfecting ourselves from our thoughts and desires.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 16:56

veronikachernykh15Дата: Четверг, 07.03.2024, 18:22 | Сообщение # 7
Майор
Undoubtedly, evil is born out of thoughts, and sin begins precisely from our heads. God says first of all to keep from evil our hearts. In our hearts penetrate hatred and evil. If not for bad thoughts, Eve and Adam would not have tasted the forbidden fruit, and Cain would not have killed Abel and so on indefinitely.

It turns out that the Archbishop Averky quote is a statement that cannot be argued with. God has given every human being free will, so we can all choose between good and evil. But it is also impossible to argue with an issue that a person is more inclined to sin than to sinlessness.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Понедельник, 11.03.2024, 23:27

marie05052001Дата: Суббота, 16.03.2024, 10:06 | Сообщение # 8
Сержант
I cannot agree that without evil will there would be no evil works. People are damaged by sin. They often do bad things even if they don’t like this and confess regularly. I think St. Paul wrote precisely about this condition: “For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but how to perform that which is good I find not.” (Rom.7:18)

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Вторник, 16.04.2024, 11:16 | Сообщение # 9
Полковник
I absolutely agree with these words. I remember William Golding, who believed that there is evil in every human being. Golding shows the reader that despite the young age of the boys, they are ready to do terrible things. He explains all this by the fact that there is evil in everyone. And here we see the words of Archbishop Averky, who says that primarily evil is born in our thoughts and only then manifests itself in actions. This suggests that we need to learn to "filter" our will, so that our heart remains pure and we do only good deeds.

amasaltsevaДата: Среда, 24.04.2024, 17:25 | Сообщение # 10
Полковник
Truth be told, I can only partly agree with the idea of Archbishop Averky. On the one hand, it’s true that “main thing is not works but man's inner disposition”. But evil deeds may come from initially good and pure motives. Imagine one waiting eagerly to help someone else. The one hasn’t got the foggiest that their help would only bring harm. The first example which came to my mind - the conflict of McEwan’s “Atonement”. Briony wanted to help her sister, Cecilia, but only broke her life.

Another idea which is (as I suggest) worth-mentioning worth mentioning is that of evil each holds in his or her heart’s core. We shouldn’t always listen to our hearts, they say, as it may show the wrong path. That’s something we may only attempt to control.

I know my points may be arguable, but my aim it to show the ambiguity and complexity of the issue.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 17:10

sasavasl15Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 18:12 | Сообщение # 11
Полковник
I agree with this quote, because if there is no evil will inside a person, then there will be no evil deeds. This means that the main thing is not actions, but the inner state of a person, his good or evil will and a virtuous or immoral heart, from which good or evil deeds naturally arise. Therefore, we must strive to eradicate as many bad thoughts and beginnings elements as possible from our soul to a greater extent.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 17:14

sensualpie111Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 19:28 | Сообщение # 12
Подполковник
I completely agree with the statement of Archbishop Averky (Taushev). If a person is essentially good and has pure intentions, then this person can do bad things only if he does not know something or if an evil person deceives him. For example, you may not know that a person is allergic to nuts and treat him with a chocolate bar with hazelnuts. I don't think this action can be considered malicious intent. However, there are people who very often say “I wanted the best, but it turned out as always.” This is what my grandmother sometimes says after she does something not as asked, but in her own way. If your intentions so often lead to sad consequences, then you should become more conscious and think about the fact that your thoughts and intentions may not actually be as good as they seem at first glance.

Para Julia

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 285 (Archbishop Averky Taushev)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024