не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 07:32
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 284 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 284 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
Quote 284
readeralexeyДата: Среда, 14.02.2024, 14:10 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Distracted prayer is not prayer at all, even though the Lord does accept it initially from those who are learning to pray. But there comes a time when one must begin to pray without distraction!

Abbot Nikon Vorobiev

yarovaya02Дата: Суббота, 17.02.2024, 12:00 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
It is necessary to urge your soul to the prayer, to make every attempt to pray without distraction. For “ the Kingdom of Heaven has been subjected to violence, and violent people have been raiding it.” (Matthew 11:12)

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 14:10

marichernaya911Дата: Понедельник, 04.03.2024, 14:15 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
We are weak at times, and our prayer also. But Christ said: "My strength is made perfect in weakness" (2 Cor. 12:9). God gives prayer as His gift to those who want to acquire it. He "kisses intentions", so our attempts to prayer, thought though with distraction, may be accepted by Him. However, the main reason of destruction in prayer is that we are not ready to give our heart and mind to Christ only. And that is what we must rectify.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 14:12

dawa2311Дата: Понедельник, 04.03.2024, 19:49 | Сообщение # 4
Сержант
Distract prayer is not a prayer at all, even though the Lord does accept it inittially from those who are learning to pray.  But  there  comes a time when one must begin to pray without destraction.

This is the statement of the famous  abbot Nikon Vorobiev.  I agree with this statement and I'll try to explain why. The prayer is the dialog with the God. It is a very difficult activity. We can even be sometimes tired of praying.  Sometimes, we can pray so hard that we sweat.  So, it is very difficult to pray without distraction, especially when we are in a church, where we do nothing but pray. We distract very often  because our brain  can't concentrate on the one thing for a long time.  We distract almost instinctively.  But we have to remember that it is the dialog with God.  It is much more serious than  a kind of the official talk. because we speak with the king of the world.   We can't speak with the king about the extraneous things because the king has alot of things to do and it is simply impolite to take his time.  The situation is much more serious when we speak about the God-the king of the world. It is twice impolite to take His time.  When we distract during the pray, in fact,we "distract" the God.   When someone is probably, praying Him in trouble or in despair.  That's why we should pray really attentively.  If we want to talk to the God we should talk.

However, the God  eccepts  the distract prayer from the beginners. The beginners learn to pray. As I mentioned earlier, praying is a very hard process. It is almost like a sport. Sometimes the beginners can't pray attentively because they are not "trained" enough.   Their regime is much easier.  But if we have been training for years and we have the same regime with the beginners it is not ok because we won't have a gold medal. The same thing  is with the prayer.

Дарья Ткачёва

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Вторник, 16.04.2024, 16:54 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
Indeed, how can you pray if you are constantly distracted by something? Sometimes I find myself a bit absent-minded, I pray, but I do it automatically, I don't think about what I'm saying. Abbot Nikon Vorobiev said that the Lord accepts prayer initially from those who are just learning to pray, but for me, as a person who has been going to church since birth, this is unacceptable, and I sometimes feel ashamed to realise that I pray without thinking.

amasaltsevaДата: Среда, 24.04.2024, 17:07 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
I believe the idea of Abbot Nikon Vorobiev to be true, though it’s kind of difficult to “acknowledge” and “accept” it. Truth be told, it seems that I hardly ever attain absolute concentration while praying - for me not being distracted by my own thought is a tough task indeed, I can’t help thinking. I feel I can’t control the flow of my thoughts, but I have to.
When you are distracted, you don’t give “enough”, that’s half a prayer, or, as father Nikon says, “not prayer at all”, as there is no sincerity in it.

sasavasl15Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 18:23 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
I agree with this quote. It talks tells about the importance of concentration in prayer. The author points out that vague, abstract prayer is not a true prayer, although the Lord may accept it at first from those who are learning to pray. However, an important turning point occurs when it time comes time to start praying without distractions. This means that in order to grow in spiritual life, it is necessary to learn to focus and pay attention to the very essence of prayer, so that spiritual communication is sincere and effective. This helps us to take our communication with God more seriously.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 30.04.2024, 14:18

sensualpie111Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 19:14 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
I absolutely agree with the quote from Abbot Nikon Vorobiev. Prayer is not “magic” and incomprehensible words that we exchange for salvation, eternal life and benefits in earthly life. Prayer is communication with God, a living conversation. Here we can draw parallels with learning foreign languages: at the beginning of learning, you can use memorized phrases or sentences without really understanding their meaning, since everyone knows that a person cannot instantly get used to something and learn it. However, if after some time a person has not learned to understand and speak consciously, then this indicates his laziness and reluctance to learn. It’s the same with prayer; at first a person may not understand what prayer is and say memorized words without thinking about them. But this approach is unacceptable for a non-beginner.

Para Julia

tsvioletta17Дата: Пятница, 26.04.2024, 23:39 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник
I am extremely familiar with this problem... it can be very difficult to concentrate on prayer. But it's like sports - years of training and you'll find it easy and enjoyable. Distracted prayer is empty prayer. It is important to watch your thoughts while praying. That is why it is important to go to the temple and pray there. I would explain it this way: if you are very passionate about something, you find a club of interest, people who are attracted to the same things you are. And so it is in the church. When you come to pray together you feel a special unity and grace, it helps you to concentrate on prayer.

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 284 (Abbot Nikon Vorobiev)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024