Форум »
Религиозная лексика »
Orthodox Quote of the Week »
»
Quote 281
Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 15:55
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 281 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 281 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
Quote 281
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 25.11.2023, 13:08 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Concerning hypocritical prayer. Did the Pharisees think that they prayed hypocritically? They did not think so; they considered themselves to be right in their hypocrisy itself! It had become their habit; it had become, so to say, their nature; and they thought they were serving God by their prayer. Do the Christian hypocrites of the present day think that they pray and live hypocritically? They do not think so.

Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt

sodrozdovaДата: Среда, 29.11.2023, 14:37 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
I think this quotation is not about hypocrisy. It's about love. People are different and their problems are different too. They do not think they do something wrong and I do not agree their prayer is hypocritical until they realise it. Some people may say that if you don't know the law that does not mean you are innocent. Yes, that's true. So, the main thing: you have to follow your conscience when you make decisions and pray about them. If you are sure you do everything right and you can share it with anyone, you do nothing wrong. But if there is someone who you don't want to know what you pray for, you have to think carefully.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 12:29

yarovaya02Дата: Среда, 29.11.2023, 17:07 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
Hypocrisy has not gone, it still exists among people who care more about outward life then their inner spiritual life, who might do a lot of outward actions in the church but the hearts might remain hard and ungrateful and unmerciful.

marichernaya911Дата: Четверг, 30.11.2023, 14:04 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Hypocrisy is a spiritual illness, the symptom of which is the desire to look like something, without really being that. Often a person understands that he or she is hypocritical: they want to be something in the eyes of the others, and it doesn't matter what their heart tells them.

However, sometimes a person doesn't really understand that they are hypocritical: they want to be like something, they do things like they are something, but their heart is silent.

Nevertheless, it can be the beginning of really becoming something: elder Ambrosius of Optina teaches us, that if we want to do the good actions, we should do that even without love at the beginning.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 21:53

tsvioletta17Дата: Пятница, 01.12.2023, 23:07 | Сообщение # 5
Подполковник
Unfortunately, it often happens that we pray without thinking. It can be because we are tired or because of human nature. There is little sincerity in this. Perhaps, it can be called hypocrisy. We should all watch how we pray, whether it is from the heart or automatically. Thanks to my dad, who from childhood taught me to ask God to teach me how to pray. Learning.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Пятница, 01.12.2023, 23:07

amasaltsevaДата: Суббота, 02.12.2023, 21:10 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
I absolutely relate to what Righteous John says. How easy it is to judge others; how difficult it is to judge your humble self. As it is said in the Bible, “Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother’s eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye?”. Not to be a hypocritical person of prayer, do not consider hypocrisy in others, make sure you don’t carry it in your heart.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 17:07

sensualpie111Дата: Понедельник, 11.12.2023, 19:54 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
I believe that this quotation of Righteous John can help people better understand the essence of hypocrisy. After all, people really often judge others without questioning their own actions. The Pharisees were used to praying hypocritically, so they did not doubt that they were right. I think people should question their intentions more often. We should think about why exactly we pray or do good deeds - in order to feel above those who do not or because of pure love for God and other people.

Para Julia

Сообщение отредактировал sensualpie111 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 20:11

veronikachernykh15Дата: Вторник, 19.12.2023, 12:57 | Сообщение # 8
Майор
Hypocrisy is definitely a disease. Not even a disease, but a parasite that lives in a person, slowly corroding his soul and not giving any painful symptoms. The hypocrisy of others can be seen easily and quickly. Even as a child, when parents read the children's Bible, what anger the Pharisees arouse in small hearts. It's the feeling of a wall that you can't break through. And the worst thing is that hypocrisy lives in each of us to a greater or lesser extent. How often, even after church, after communication with God and with priests, we come home and behave in a completely different way with our family, not being ashamed of our irritation from the disadvantages of our loved ones.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 00:16

lisaswan001Дата: Среда, 20.12.2023, 14:56 | Сообщение # 9
Лейтенант
Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt, warns against hypocritical prayer, emphasizing that it's not about external showmanship but about an intimate connection with God. True prayer is seeking His presence, confessing sins, surrendering to His will, and praying from the heart. Hypocritical prayer prevents spiritual growth and keeps us from experiencing God's transforming love. I believe that we must be honest about our motives and repent when prayers lack sincerity. By seeking God's guidance and grace, our prayers become genuine and meaningful, leading to spiritual growth.

lolosipovanikaДата: Четверг, 21.12.2023, 12:34 | Сообщение # 10
Лейтенант
I think, the point of Righteous John is that hypocrisy didn't disappear through the years. Time goes, but people's sins remain the same. And the parable about "the Pharisee and the Publican" is still relevant nowadays. Pride and egoism ruin our virtues, while a simple and humble person, who prays sincerely, not hypocritically is always close to God. Christians need humility in their lives, not hypocrisy.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 23:10

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 281 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024