не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 08:00
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 278 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 278 (Gerondissa Makrina (Vassopoulou)
Quote 278
readeralexeyДата: Пятница, 03.11.2023, 21:00 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
When a thought bothers us and drives us so crazy that we cannot stand it any longer, we must remind ourselves that it will pass. Do we feel discouraged? We should say to the thought, Listen, get out of here, be on your way. You're not for me.

Gerondissa Makrina (Vassopoulou)

amasaltsevaДата: Вторник, 07.11.2023, 10:42 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
I absolutely agree with Gerondissa Makrina. Each time I remember the moment when I did let my anger go, though it could have been avoided I feel devastated and shameful. In a minute, in a day, in a month or in many years the pain will disappear. However, what will not pass are the feelings of other people.

We should treat others the way we want ourselves to be treated. It is much more important not to make someone hurt and offended than to let our passions, our anger or whatever go. You are free when you can control your words and feelings.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 17:06

marichernaya911Дата: Среда, 08.11.2023, 09:39 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
Many Holy Fathers and elders say that the main thing any Christian should search for and maintain is peace inside his heart. That peace is the gift of Christ. He told us: "learn of Me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls" (Math. 11:29). Peace can be reached by humility and repentance. And these things are what demons hate most of all. So they hinder a person by all means from this peace by various thoughts and botherings that make us discouraged and banish hope and calmness.

However, we must be strong in our hope and belief, and drive these thoughts away as something alien.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 22:05

lisaswan001Дата: Среда, 08.11.2023, 23:21 | Сообщение # 4
Лейтенант
The quote by Gerondissa Makrina emphasises the changeable nature of anxious thoughts. It encourages one to stand up for oneself by rejecting constant negativity and reminding oneself of the temporary nature of such feelings. Taking this perspective allows people to develop inner peace in the face of mental challenges.
I totally agree with Gerondissa Makrina, this is what I try to remind myself of in moments of stress and other complexities of life.
 In such situations, it is important to seek solitude and comfort in turning to God in prayer.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Воскресенье, 24.12.2023, 20:33

sodrozdovaДата: Среда, 08.11.2023, 23:31 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант
To my mind  this has to be a hymn for all the people who go through a hard time. Sometimes we forget the reality because of that black dreams that attack our minds. You always have to push it away by reminding yourself that everything has its end: the day, the year, school, university, hard periods...
You have to fight against darkness but not to assimilate with it.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 12:25

yarovaya02Дата: Четверг, 09.11.2023, 06:25 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
“These thoughts are from the devil. The fact that a person is grieved over these impure thoughts which go through his mind about the holy and sacred things, this alone is already proof that they are not his own but, rather, come from outside.’

These thoughts originate from demons themselves and not from our own minds. Demons will stream these thoughts through the person’s mind and then berate the person mercilessly for having such thoughts. It can make someone feel as if he is losing his mind.

I purposely did not name this blog [?] “Struggling” or “Wrestling” with blasphemous thoughts, but rather “Rejecting” them. Why? Because these thoughts, unlike sinful passions, do not stem from the sinful corruption of our nature, but rather come from the hell. St. Paisios recommended singing and chanting church hymns and psalms in order to combat blasphemous thoughts.

Singing such uplifting songs can prevent us from sinking into internal darkness. It also discourages the demon that is tormenting you. If he sees you praising God with all of your heart every time he gives you some blasphemous thought, he’s not going to want to keep doing such a thing for very long.

St. Paisios states that these will eventually go away. It may take weeks, months, or years, but we must not lose hope or ever feel ownership for these thoughts.“

[This text does not seem to be original and, for all its spiritual usefulness, can not be graded.]

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Среда, 13.12.2023, 19:45

tsvioletta17Дата: Четверг, 09.11.2023, 18:26 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
It happens to all of us that unnecessary thoughts come into our heads. We live in a world where we are more tempted to do this. But this does not mean that it is easier for reclusive monks to keep their minds clean and calm. It seems that when nothing surrounds you, you can go crazy faster...

The Jesus prayer is the cure for everything for all time. When an unnecessary thought wants to get into your head, this prayer does not allow it to get into your head. I advise you!

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Четверг, 09.11.2023, 18:27

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 20.11.2023, 15:22 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
These words resonate with me. There are things that don't give you peace. Thinking about them makes you unable to sleep, unable to read or watch a film. You are tormented by the thoughts and can't cope with the stress of them. You can't quiet your mind. Yes, sometimes you need to look at the situation from a different perspective to get rid of them. Not to panic, but to calmly explain to yourself that it's only temporary. Try to find ways to solve the problem.

Sometimes it's hard not to be discouraged when there is something pressing on you morally. That is why it is worth to turn to God for help with a pure heart.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Понедельник, 20.11.2023, 15:22

sasavasl15Дата: Суббота, 09.12.2023, 20:23 | Сообщение # 9
Полковник
This quote may be close to many people. But it doesn't suit me a bit. I am an anxious person who finds it difficult to get rid of thoughts just by telling myself this. In order for the thought to disappear, I need to analyze why it appeared in my head, what was the impetus? Otherwise, this thought will sit in the background and constantly remind you of yourself, not to give rest.

Therefore, by understanding where the thought came from, realizing the reason, I can help myself to control feelings and thoughts more and even sometimes get rid of them immediately.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Суббота, 09.12.2023, 20:23

veronikachernykh15Дата: Вторник, 19.12.2023, 14:17 | Сообщение # 10
Майор
Of course, everyone knows the state when bad thoughts keep us awake, making us anxious. These are often thoughts that are really easier to banish, because we are unable to influence some circumstances. But I do not agree that our every disturbing thought should be "cured" by such methods. Sometimes such thoughts require careful analysis, a conversation with a priest, or a radical change in lifestyle.

lolosipovanikaДата: Среда, 20.12.2023, 14:53 | Сообщение # 11
Лейтенант
I think, many people have had the feeling described by Gerondissa Makrina. Indeed, many of us know, that it's not our fault, but demons' intentions and attempts to seduce us. And it's very important to understand that, because not everything in this world is our fault. We are not alone both in a bad way - there are always demons around, and in a good way - the Lord is always with us. So, when we experience temptations, the only way to defeat them is to pray and to understand, that we are not alone, Christ is with us.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 23:08

salomiagudovaДата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 15:40 | Сообщение # 12
Подполковник
Sometimes there can be a particular thought that bothers us, that does not want to go away. It can be difficult and discouraging but we should not lose heart. For everyone has their temptations, even Christ was tempted by Satan in the desert, which shows us that if the devil tried to tempt the Son of God, then of course he will try it with us too.

But I disagree with Gerondissa Makrina’s advice that “we must remind ourselves that it will pass”. I disagree because such advice might make the idea of getting rid of a temptation seem easy but in reality it is rarely so. In my opinion, it is better to accept that there will always be temptations and thoughts that bother us and that they might be bothering us for our whole life. We should instead learn to live with temptations and not to give in to them. We can hope that some particular bothersome thought will pass but we should not forget that it might very well not pass and not be discouraged. Instead, we should pray that God will give us enough strength to fight against it.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Среда, 27.12.2023, 13:55

alekssander-com29Дата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 20:28 | Сообщение # 13
Подполковник
This quote carries quite simple but at the same time deep idea about the common experience of being besieged by troubling thoughts that disturb our peace of mind. In Orthodoxy the human mind and soul are considered to be a battlefield for the never-ending spiritual warfare. Thoughts, both positive and negative, continuously compete for our attention and influence our actions.

It`s common idea not only for Orthodoxy and other religions but also may be applied to our everyday earthly life, because our action and deed take their beginning at the level of thoughts. So, as we control our bad intentions and follow the good ones, same way we chose our path.

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 278 (Gerondissa Makrina (Vassopoulou)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024