не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 16:30
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 273 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 273 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
Quote 273
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 30.09.2023, 14:00 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Thus the present state of our souls foreshadows the future. The future will be a continuation of the present inward condition, only in a modified form as to its degree: for the righteous it will be turned into the fulness of eternal glory; for sinners, into the fulness of everlasting torment.

Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt

yarovaya02Дата: Вторник, 03.10.2023, 06:29 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник

We read in the Gospel that the Kingdom of God is within us. So we can live in a such a Kingdom even on earth, as the Righteous and the Saints do. The Kingdom of God is to live with God, to prepare our own hearts for the Holy Spirit entering there. Not loud and exclamatory is the Life in Kingdom, but quite, silent and peaceful. So our earthly life is indeed the threshold of eternal life.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 16:14

tsvioletta17Дата: Среда, 04.10.2023, 15:16 | Сообщение # 3
Подполковник
Cleanliness on the inside is cleanliness on the outside, and vice versa. I suppose that Righteous John of Kronstadt meant that one should cultivate purity in one's soul now, not sometime later. It is like the words "always be awake" I guess. One should always be ready, always strive for spiritual and mental purity.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Среда, 04.10.2023, 15:17

lisaswan001Дата: Среда, 04.10.2023, 21:32 | Сообщение # 4
Лейтенант
This quote highlights the belief in the consequences of one's actions and choices. It implies that our present actions and spiritual state have long-term consequences that will manifest themselves in the future. It places great importance on the choices and moral path we take because they determine our eventual destiny.
I totally agree with Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt, that’s the way I personally see the eternal life.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Среда, 20.12.2023, 13:43

sodrozdovaДата: Четверг, 05.10.2023, 09:39 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант
The state of our souls is always unstable, we can work with it like creators, we can change it the way we want it to be. We can cleanse it from sin through confession and through doing good deeds. I agree with the quotation, but it makes me feel that there is no way to change your soul right now. But let's imagine the situation, there was a man who didn't even think about death and God, and he lived not a good life. We can say that hardly he can achieve Heavenly Kingdom. But what if God would send something very impressive into his life so the man changes his way? We can't know. We can predict the nearest future.. We think so, but can we?

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 12:17

marichernaya911Дата: Четверг, 05.10.2023, 16:08 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
Since it is said in the Gospel that the Kingdom of God is inside of us, these words of saint John of Kronstadt are very truthful.

This life is the preparation for the life to come. So everything we have and grow inside our own hearts and souls forms our life after death.

However, one thing is not exactly clear for me in the words of st. John. He says about the righteous and the sinners, and that whether we are the first, one part is prepared to us, and whether the second, another one. But it is also said in the Gospel that Christ came for the sinners, not for the righteous ones. And also elder Ambrosius of Optina said that the righteous are lead to the Heavenly Kingdom by apostle Peter, and the sinners - by the Mother of God Herself.

So, I feel, we have to add to the words of saint John that repentance is required to reach the Kingdom of God here on Earth and then to inherit it after death.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 22:16

sasavasl15Дата: Пятница, 06.10.2023, 01:00 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
I agree with this statement, as it indicates the fact that the current state of our lives reflects what awaits us in the future. If our souls are currently focused on righteousness, the future life will be a reward for us. On the other hand, if we are prone to sin, the future will bring eternal torment.

In fact, this quote reminds us of an important truth - that this life is not meaningless, not useless, because what we do here will affect us in the future life. And our current choices, actions, and moral orientation have long-term consequences.

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Пятница, 06.10.2023, 10:36 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
One cannot disagree with this quote since, as the saying goes, you reap what you sow. People create their own future through their own actions. Living our worldly life we all have a choice of our path. God created us free, thereby giving us the choice that we face every day. If we strive for the Heavenly Kingdom, we must behave accordingly and live honorably. Certainly, we are all sinners, however, we can repent of our sins and return to the right path.

amasaltsevaДата: Суббота, 14.10.2023, 14:45 | Сообщение # 9
Полковник
Truth be told, it’s incredibly tough to reflect on this topic. I can’t disagree with Righteous John, or rather, I know I should not. However, it’s kind of hard to “agree”. That is so as the words of  Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt are true but scary. It’s scary to acknowledge the potential everlasting torment for sinners when all the people are sinners. Who then deserves eternal glory? But If God is Love... Are we worthy of being saved? Is it enough to believe and hope?

Such words are as cold water, they make you tremble and awaken from a sleep.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 17:03

lolosipovanikaДата: Среда, 01.11.2023, 21:37 | Сообщение # 10
Лейтенант
I agree with Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt's  statement. The main beauty of our life is the choice, which God gave us. If we want to live happily in the eternity, we need to try to be good people. If we want  to endlessly suffer torments - we also have this opportunity. So it's the choice of everyone how to live your life on earth, and how to live your life in heaven, or in hell. I find it amazing, that we are the masters of our lives and can do anything we want. The question is: can we stay humble, not ruin others people's lives, be honest with God and ourselves to reach the Paradise, where the true freedom is. Or stay sinful without resisting it, trying to reach the illusion of endless freedom here, on our sinful planet, where in fact, every second could be the last for us, where there is no freedom and no justice.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 22:52

sasavasl15Дата: Суббота, 09.12.2023, 19:17 | Сообщение # 11
Полковник
I partially agree with this statement, since the state of our soul shows the degree of readiness for "eternal glory" and bliss in paradise. Our task is to realize the transience of life on earth and, if possible, prepare ourselves for eternal life.

But I would like to hope that the concept of eternal torment came to religion from the Old Testament, since fear was a strong motivation for people back then. I would like to think that it is not the fear of hell and torment, but love for God and for oneself that should help a person to want to improve his soul.

veronikachernykh15Дата: Вторник, 19.12.2023, 15:45 | Сообщение # 12
Майор
it is impossible to disagree with Righteous John's quote. No matter how scary it sounds to us, those who are struggling with their sins on earth. It seems to me that the main idea of this statement is that we always remember eternal life and eternal torment after death. So that our every word and every deed would bring us closer to the Kingdom of God or to the Hell.

Nevertheless, it is important to remember God's mercy, His love and willingness to forgive even the most sinful soul.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 00:26

salomiagudovaДата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 15:35 | Сообщение # 13
Подполковник
This is a great quote by Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt. It reminds us that there is life after death, and that our earthly life will decide our fate in the next one. It reminds us that whatever we do in this life will determine what we will get in the next life and whatever we will get will be eternal. If you are a good person or if you are at least trying to be one, you will, hopefully, get the fulness of eternal glory, in other words, you will be in Paradise. But if you are a sinner that does not want to repent and change, then you will get the fulness of everlasting torment, in other words, you will be in Hell.

The last two words of the quote – “everlasting torment” – are especially striking. In one of our classes on faith and religion, we were told that a person often tries to be better out of fear of God, because they do not want to be punished, because they are afraid of Hell. Or at least, they start from this place of fear, but then, hopefully, they begin to want to be better out of love for God, because they want to be closer to Him, because they want to please Him. And so, although “everlasting torment” caught my attention the most, I hope that in the future it will be the words “eternal glory” that will strike me the most.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Пятница, 22.12.2023, 15:35

alekssander-com29Дата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 20:15 | Сообщение # 14
Подполковник
I can only agree with this quote. The idea that the present state of our souls foreshadows the future finds resonance in the biblical metaphor of sowing and reaping. Our current spiritual condition is seen as the seed that will bear fruit in the future, either leading to the fulness of eternal glory for the righteous or the fulness of everlasting torment for sinners. Here I can refer to the following words: «Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption, but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting». (Galatians 6:7-8 (KJV).

Righteous John's words underscore the idea that our actions and choices have consequences. The metaphorical language of sowing and reaping is universal, reminding individuals that the seeds they plant in their present lives will provide a harvest in the future.

In conclusion, Righteous John's quote provides a sobering perspective on the continuity between our present spiritual condition and the future that awaits. Whether from an Orthodox Christian standpoint or a broader earthly perspective, the message remains clear: our choices matter, and the seeds we sow today will inevitably bear fruit in the days to come. It serves as a call to conscious living, encouraging us to sow the seeds of righteousness and virtue for a future.

bondarenkodv7Дата: Суббота, 27.01.2024, 02:18 | Сообщение # 15
Лейтенант
I think I agree with Righteous John’s opinion. He argues that our inward condition, which is the state of our soul, foreshadows our future in the eternal life and will directly impact it, as this future will be an amplified continuation of our spiritual state at the moment of our death.

This statement can be supported by quoting the Gospel of Matthew, 6:21-23, “For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also. The light of the body is the eye: if therefore thine eye be single, thy whole body shall be full of light. But if thine eye be evil, thy whole body shall be full of darkness. If therefore the light that is in thee be darkness, how great is that darkness!”

This statement also aligns with another patristic quote, the author of which I sadly cannot recall. The essence of it was that sinners aren’t able to enter into Paradise not because God wants to punish them, but because they themselves cannot bear being this close to God as a result of the state their souls are in.

Daniil Bondarenko

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 273 (Righteous John, Wonderworker of Kronstadt)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024