не предусмотрено.

Пятница, 03.05.2024, 09:48
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Quote 271 - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 271 (St. Ignatius Brianchaninov)
Quote 271
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 16.09.2023, 21:44 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
King David, the holy prophet, the Godseer Moses and the saint and prophet Daniel pleased God amidst a multitude of activities and a diversity of entertainments. St John of the Ladder describes venerable saints living in the monastic communities of Egypt who told him acquire stillness of mind among the noise of human chatter and that is glorious.

St. Ignatius (Brianchaninov), Bishop of the Caucasus and the Black Sea

yarovaya02Дата: Среда, 20.09.2023, 07:05 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
To be saved and to inherit the Kingdom is a Christian’s goal, but I think that there are a lot of ways to God - some people see God in still, quiet life full of prayer and contemplation, other people, otherwise, perceive God’s love through their family and friends, still others feel God’s presence through art, poetry and music. People are different and their ways to God differ.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 16:13

marichernaya911Дата: Четверг, 21.09.2023, 16:08 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
This world, created by God, amazes us by inexhaustible diversity of creatures and creations. And as there're no two similar flowers and even petals of a flower and two similar leaves of a tree, so there're no two similar people in the world. But from all of us God wants the same: "...all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth" (1 Tim. 2:4). And every man follows his own and unique way to Christ, to salvation, to the Kingdom, where we, all too different, are called to be after all.

Some people are calm and some are vivid; someone is tends to live inner life of contemplation and self-reproach, someone tends to be active and communicative. Someone reads the Gospel and Psalms and needs nothing else, while someone else
 lives on art, literature and music. We are different, but if we follow Christ these different ways, - that is glorious.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 22:18

amasaltsevaДата: Среда, 27.09.2023, 14:52 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
I suggest it doesn’t matter which way or “kind” of pleasing God you choose. Whether you write a psalm, as King David did, or live in a desert as Syrian mystics, you praise God by that. There is one aim and plenty of its expressions. We paint beautiful icons, sing glorious prayers, built wonderful churches. We dedicate those to God, but we are those who really need this. By that we show our love. The “ways” matter to people, the struggle and love matters to God.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 17:02

sasavasl15Дата: Суббота, 09.12.2023, 19:00 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
This leads me to think that it is not worth hating or treating this earthly world badly. There are many wonderful things here that we can enjoy. And isn't it wonderful that a person is able to create something bright and beautiful? Something that you can enjoy and not harm your soul? After all, we can not only suffer and suffer on earth. But we also need to experience happiness and other positive feelings.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Четверг, 14.12.2023, 19:31

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Воскресенье, 10.12.2023, 20:57 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
I guess the point here is that nothing really prevents a person from turning to God, no circumstances whatsoever. St. Ignatius gives the example of King David, the venerable saints who pleased God no matter what. I would really like to learn how to focus all my thoughts on God, not to be distracted by anything else.

sensualpie111Дата: Понедельник, 11.12.2023, 21:17 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник
I found this quote very interesting. Ordinary people who are far from faith often associate a pious lifestyle with strictness. However, we can please God both through quiet prayer while living, for example, in a monastery, and through other activities, such as music, poetry or other forms of art and helping people. I believe that no matter what path you choose, the main thing is to remember about God and try to do more for his glory, with prayer and the desire to glorify Him.

Para Julia

lolosipovanikaДата: Среда, 20.12.2023, 13:16 | Сообщение # 8
Лейтенант
I think, the point of St. Ignatius Brianchaninov's words is be with God no matter what. You can live quietly in your flat or in the monastery or you can live in a mansion. You can be a shy person or you can be very loud. Any person can be with God, and the art shows this to us. People find God in books, movies, paintings, while others can find Him in nature, others or even inside themselves. God is everywhere, we need just look closer to see His glory. And, for instance, king David, famous for writing Psalms, which are in fact songs. So he became closer to God through music and helped this way other people, so we can still say his Psalms.
I find this idea quite amusing.

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 23:05

lisaswan001Дата: Среда, 20.12.2023, 13:18 | Сообщение # 9
Лейтенант
The quote by St Ignatius (Bryanchaninov) emphasises the ability of venerated figures to find favour with God in the midst of life's affairs and distractions. It is consistent with the Christian belief that spiritual fulfilment goes beyond external circumstances, and is well within the Christian tradition. This concept claims the potential for spiritual growth in the chaos of life. It calls for the pursuit of spiritual tranquility among life's distractions, favouring a balanced, spiritually enriching life regardless of external circumstances. Overall, the quote emphasises the ever-present possibility of inner peace and spiritual growth, regardless of life's chaos.

sodrozdovaДата: Четверг, 21.12.2023, 12:13 | Сообщение # 10
Лейтенант
This quote makes me to think that the amusement is good, but after it you have to find stillness in your soul. People cannot live in noise all the time: they became angry and irritated because of any thing. The same is with the soul: if you do not give it peace, you will forget how to pray, how to think, you won't be able to do anything.
There're several ways to find stillness. You can go to the forest and pray there: no sound will distract you and you will renew your spiritual state. Also, you can wake up at 3am and sit in the comfortable position praying and thinking of your mistakes in your life.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Суббота, 23.12.2023, 12:16

salomiagudovaДата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 15:31 | Сообщение # 11
Подполковник
To be completely honest, it was somewhat difficult for me to grasp the idea of this particular quote. But having read it a couple of times, I think I see its point and if I am right, then I agree with Saint Ignatius, Bishop of the Caucasus and the Black Sea. In my opinion, Saint Ignatius says that you can praise God in a multiple of ways, that there is not just one “right” way to do it. Or to be more precise, there is more than one way to make our life pleasing to God.

Saint Ignatius talks about venerable saints living in the monastic communities. I think we all agree that becoming a monk or a nun and devoting your life to God is admirable, and I am sure, it is pleasing to God. But although this “stillness of mind among the noise of human chatter” is undoubtedly praiseworthy, we should not forget that it is not the only way there is. As Saint Ignatius reminds us, we can also praise God through other means. The saint mentions King David, the Godseer Moses and prophet Daniel and says that they “pleased God amidst a multitude of activities and a diversity of entertainments.” Some people please God through the life of stillness, but others, like King David, through poetry and both are valid in the eyes of God.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Пятница, 22.12.2023, 15:34

alekssander-com29Дата: Пятница, 22.12.2023, 20:03 | Сообщение # 12
Подполковник
The Orthodox Christian tradition emphasizes that a life dedicated to God is not necessarily one of isolation or solitude but can be lived amidst various activities. King David, Moses, and Daniel serve as examples of individuals who pleased God while engaging in diverse tasks. The Psalms written by David often reflect a heart dedicated to God amid the complexities of life. For example, we may see it in one of the Psalms:  «The steps of a good man are ordered by the Lord: and he delighteth in his way» (Psalm 37:23 (KJV).

St. Ignatius also mentions St. John of the Ladder, who advised acquiring stillness of mind amid the noise of human chatter, aligns with the biblical concept of finding peace in God's presence and emphasizes inner tranquility as a means of encountering the divine.

Here I can even refer to my own experience: since my childhood I was taught to do all the daily activities and tasks with prayer so that among the routine and noise of voices and vanity I could remember about God's presence.

But talking about personal experience I prefer when it`s quiet and stillness around. I`m too easy distracted and it`s hard to me to concentrate and stay focused. So, I can agree with this quote, there are people, who are able to discover God`s presence among the various noises and activities and acquire inner peace, but unfortunately, I`m not one of them.

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Вторник, 26.12.2023, 21:27

Форум » Религиозная лексика » Orthodox Quote of the Week » Quote 271 (St. Ignatius Brianchaninov)
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024