не предусмотрено.

Суббота, 04.05.2024, 02:31
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 78 Agreement, disagreement and compromise - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 78 Agreement, disagreement and compromise
Unit 78 Agreement, disagreement and compromise
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 07.05.2023, 01:41 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Are there issues on which you are in full accord with your parents / grandparents / siblings?

On what issues does your opinion concur with the general view of your reference group (whatever that may be)? In what ways are you a dissenter?

Have you found anything at the University that does not conform to your expectations?

Do you remember doing something in your childhood that met with your parents' visible approval?

Have you ever agreed to differ? What was the occasion?

Have you ever witnessed a discord in a body?

What is the most significant split in Church history, in your view? Why?

What is the most significant rift in Russian history, in your view? Why?

What is the greatest cause of controversy in Russian / European / American / Western  society today? Do you think a compromise can ever be reached?

Have you ever made concessions you later regretted?

Have there been circumstances in which you wish you exercised more discretion?

yarovaya02Дата: Воскресенье, 14.05.2023, 23:42 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
Are there issues on which you are in full accord with your siblings?

Certainly there are, particularly, my siblings like studying and find it important. They understand, if a person wants to develop oneself it is necessary to learn something interesting. When talking about my brothers the field of knowledge we are interested in, is different, but my little sister likes literature, she is learning Pushkin’s “Evgeny Onegin” by heart.
We all accord that studying is helpful, interesting, sometimes exciting, we agree that knowledge makes the world more colorful and bright. Through its beauty we see wisdom and providence of God.

Don’t you TALLY WITH me?-Yes, I do, I FIND MYSELF IN ACCORD WITH your point of view.
EXERCISING DISCRETION while talking with a sensitive person is an important skill.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Понедельник, 19.06.2023, 16:42

marichernaya911Дата: Воскресенье, 14.05.2023, 23:57 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
Have you found anything at the University that does not conform to your expectations?

Trying to remember what I was expecting from the University when being a school student, I find my vision of it as an image of Paradise on Earth. I cannot say that the reality I met when entered contradicted my view. The University welcomed me warmly, covering me with love and kindness, understanding and abundance of knowledge and wisdom.

I expected that the University would help me to find myself and my place in this world. In this respect my expectations conformed to my experience. However, it is only the beginning of the journey for me.

Nevertheless, there's an expectation that didn't concur with the reality for me. When entering the University I thought that after few years of my education I would find answers to all my questions and, having become a professional in my field, would have an enough basis of knowledge and live happily. However, to my astonishment, I find myself in a discord. I find that the more I get into some issue or field of knowledge, the more questions I have, and the less I really know. That only means, I believe, that the process of education has just started, and that a long way is to be made.

--
Here at University I met people whose world view and values tally with my own understanding of things. That doesn't mean that we don't have dissents and controversies in some areas. But the fundamental unity of values itself teaches me to reach settlements and compromises.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Понедельник, 19.06.2023, 12:54

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 15.05.2023, 22:05 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Do you remember doing something in your childhood that met with your parents' visible approval?

I think that this essay is an opportunity to express my gratitude to my parents. I chose this subject as I have been nostalgic about my childhood a lot lately. Maybe it's just the fact that I turned twenty a week ago.

Not only is raising children a challenging task, but you have to know the limits so that you don't go overboard, particularly with praise. Anyone would be pleased if their efforts were noticed, appreciated, APPROVED and praised. Talking about children, praise and support increase a child's confidence in their strength and encourage them to develop and move forward. Everything has to have limits, but of course, praise helps a lot in shaping a child's behavior.

My mother is an artist. Since I was very young, she instilled in me a love of drawing. I drew all the time, what pleased not only my mother but also my father. It's funny, I almost never drew people, and if I wanted to draw a family - it was a family of bunnies, dressed in jeans, dresses, bright T-shirts. I am grateful to my parents for APPROVING and supporting my creativity, hanging the best drawings in frames and it not only made me feel like a real artist but also motivated me to draw more. Even though I don't draw much now, I still fondly remember the times when I presented my "paintings" and received smiles and compliments in return.

It's especially pleasant to remember that my mother, being a professional in the field, never corrected me, never said "That doesn't exist", "You drew the hand wrong». I never felt any DISCORD between me and my mother when it came to creativity, on the contrary, she supported my freedom to create, which only encouraged me more.

amasaltsevaДата: Понедельник, 22.05.2023, 21:28 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
What is the most significant split in Church history, in your view? Why?

It seems, the most significant split in Church history is the Great Schism of 1054, also known as the East-West Schism. The schism was formalised in 1054 when the Pope and the Patriarch of Constantinople excommunicated each other, effectively splitting the Christian Church into two separate entities.

The Great Schism had a profound impact on the history of Christianity and the world at large. It created a lasting divide between the Eastern and Western Christian Churches, which still exists today. It also had a significant impact on the geopolitical landscape of Europe, as it contributed to the development of separate cultural and political identities in the East and West.

-------------------------------------
My view on the matter of many things often used to TALLY WITH the views of my friends. I used to find myself IN FULL ACCORD WITH them. It’s weird to realise now that my ideas always don’t COINCIDE WITH theirs, and that sometimes it may be even difficult to REACH A COMPROMISE, so that I have to AGREE TO DIFFER.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Понедельник, 19.06.2023, 15:56

sasavasl15Дата: Вторник, 23.05.2023, 11:25 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник

Thinking back to my childhood and my parents' behavior, it seems to me that they did not often express a vivid enthusiasm or approval for my actions.

But they were always genuinely happy when my actions or those of my brother or sister showed our independence. When we took the initiative ourselves, when we helped cook or clean, when we were quiet, when my parents fell asleep during the day, and many other small but important moments.

I think this made my parents happy, because it showed our inner upbringing and development as individuals, which could not but make them happy.

------------------------

Do the errors you mentioned COINCIDE WITH this incident? Yes, directly, which in turn may cause a SPLIT IN society in the future. SO, I'm obviously prepared to consider a SETTLEMENT.

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Суббота, 27.05.2023, 12:43 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
It is human nature to worry about the opinions of others, to want TO MEET THEIR APPROVAL. Personally, it is important for me to find myself IN FULL ACCORD WITH the people closest to me at important moments. Certainly, like any other person, I am pleased to be appreciated and to have my efforts and interests APPROVED.

sensualpie111Дата: Воскресенье, 03.09.2023, 23:37 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
The most significant split in Church history, in my view, is the Great Schism of 1054 AD. This event resulted in the separation of the Christian Church into the Eastern Orthodox Church and the Roman Catholic Church. The split was caused by theological, cultural, and political differences between the Eastern and Western branches of Christianity. It had profound and lasting implications for the religious landscape, with both branches developing their own distinct traditions, beliefs, and practices.
Unfortunately, there is no chance to "heal this wound" if someone does not make concessions. However, we cannot sacrifice the Truth even for the sake of reunification.

Para Julia

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 78 Agreement, disagreement and compromise
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024