Unit 69 Difficulties and dilemmas - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 69 Difficulties and dilemmas
Unit 69 Difficulties and dilemmas
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 08.04.2023, 20:38 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
When have you been in a dilemma? What were the choices that were facing you? 

Give an example of a project you were involved in that suffered a setback.

Are there any downsides to living where you do at the moment?

What obstacles have you had to overcome in your life so far?

yarovaya02Дата: Суббота, 15.04.2023, 01:04 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
One of the obstacles that I had to overcome so far was my moving to Moscow. Of course it happens with many teenagers, but even boys, being far way from home, feel loneliness.

At first it was quite problematic, because as you can guess there’s a huge difference between people who love you and whom you love, and strangers who sometimes treat you coldly and unkindly. But as time goes by, you get accustomed to a new life style. Of course you sometimes distinctively feel incompleteness without your family, then you rush to call them and to hear their voices.

But I realize how happy I am to study in this university, because relations between students that study here are indeed warm and friendly, sometimes you find a real soulmate. And who knows what would could have happened if I had entered another university?

Although you might have a TRICKY and PROBLEMATIC situation, hold on! This theory is ABSTRUSE and CONVOLUTED. Our journey was ARDUOUS and GRUELLING.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Суббота, 17.06.2023, 12:56

marichernaya911Дата: Понедельник, 24.04.2023, 19:15 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник

Everyday we overcome large amounts of obstacles, even and especially in our daily routine. It is believed that our big dreams and goals start with small targets. Just the same way, I believe, our life in general starts and depends on our daily and even hourly life.

The struggle starts from the moment we wake up. For example, I have classes at 14.00. And it is 7 AM on the clock. Shall I get up now, or can I let myself an hour more of slumber? If I feel my body and brain do not need it, it's better to get out of bed now, despite the sweet dream and cozy pillow. That is the first choice made in favour of a proper day. The next is: shall I say the morning prayers or not? It's too easy to skip this part of the day and spend extra time surfing social media. But what is more beneficial?.. Then the next choice - what to eat for breakfast? Fried eggs or porridge? What is better for health and your stomach?... The obstacles are at every step... The thing is not to let the moment of a choice to become a pitfall and, knowing what is better for us, lead our life calmly and truthfully.

--
We face lots of SNAGS and HITCHES every day. The thing is not to let that DIFFICULTY to become a STUMBLING BLOCK and a SETBACK. We must overcome the OBSTACLES of our daily circumstances and do what we have to do - even if that is ABSTRUSE, ARDUOUS or GRUELLING. "Life is TOUGH. But so are we".

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Понедельник, 19.06.2023, 12:57

amasaltsevaДата: Понедельник, 24.04.2023, 23:03 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
It seems each day gives us problems to solve, choices to make and obstacles to overcome. The point is that some of problems, choices or obstacles are just more tangible than others and, by that, are noticed. What do we notice in this case? What stays in our memory? Something which was the most difficult, something that gave us experience or changed us somehow.

When I think of setbacks or difficulties which I’ve surmounted, mental issues come to my mind first. Put another way, emotional experience affects me the most, I measure pitfalls which life gives me by that emotional “feedback”. In this case something I felt is more noticeable than the exact obstacle. Emotional state can be complex and obstructive. However, it may cause progress when I get through all the ordeals.

------------------------------------------
I hate GLITCHES for I am very bad at computers and everything which is connected with technical means is ABSTRUSE to me. Each time I have a glitch this simple SNAG, a PITFALL turns into a real ORDEAL.

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Вторник, 25.04.2023, 01:25 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
Are there any downsides to living where you do at the moment?

I live in the centre of Moscow and it is a shame to complain about anything. I probably have everything I need. But from time to time I find myself thinking that it would be great if I could move to the countryside.

My country house is about forty kilometers from Moscow. It takes me just an hour to get there and I get to the most beloved place in the world. It's funny that the station I get off at is called "Отдых". This name is one hundred percent justified.

I frequently think back to the beginning of quarantine in 2020, when my family and I lived in the country house for five months straight. At that time, all my thoughts were on the exams and university admission. It was a TOUGH time for everyone. The number of ARDUOUS tests, assignments and projects was terrifying. Ignorance of the future was a torment, as the epidemic was growing and there was not a clear indication of what to expect. I had to GRIND myself to keep up with the study plan and keep learning and doing the necessary things. I can't imagine what could have happened to me if I had to go through all this in Moscow.  I can't do without going out, it's essential for me to be able to get outside, go for a walk, have a cup of coffee and catch up with friends.

Moscow is a city of opportunities. However, sometimes I don't want any opportunities. Instead, I crave permanent tranquillity, silence, fresh pine air, away from the city routine and hustle and bustle. That's something I often miss. Whenever I get to the countryside, I breath in the fresh air and realize that that's what I lack in Moscow. About a month ago, I got out of the city for three days, and it was wonderful. I had a great rest during that time, refreshed, but I can't say that I felt much desire to return and dive back into the familiar Moscow life again. I wish I could get out of the city more often.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Воскресенье, 18.06.2023, 15:16

sasavasl15Дата: Вторник, 25.04.2023, 11:34 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
When have you been in a dilemma? What were the choices that were facing you?

The last time I faced a dilemma that really affected my life was when my family and I were deciding the time for eye surgery. I have very poor eyesight, which began to fall from the second grade of school and has now reached minus eight and a half. From the second grade I got glasses, and after that I switched to contact lenses. I can no longer imagine my life without these two components.

This winter I had the opportunity to make a vision correction. The dilemma was when to do it. All my older relatives insisted that I have this operation on these holidays. But I doubted and thought about the time after the session. I recently underwent a full medical examination to make sure that I don't have any problem areas. And my mom supported my decision. So this summer, after the session, I will finally be able to see without glasses and lenses.

---------------
The DILEMMA had been presented to him a hundred times. What about the STUMBLING BLOCK? Look, if you don't want to deal with the OBSTACLE, we can certainly take care of that for you.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Понедельник, 29.05.2023, 14:08

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Суббота, 27.05.2023, 20:38 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
Everyone is pleased to be spoken to with COURTESY. ETIQUETTE and MANNERS of speech are extremely essential even in formal communication, it seems to me. If even there is no need in STAND ON CEREMONY you should be POLITE with others.

sensualpie111Дата: Воскресенье, 03.09.2023, 23:43 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
As a student who has struggled with failing classes, I've faced several obstacles in my life so far. These challenges include difficulty with time management, finding effective study strategies, and maintaining motivation. Overcoming these obstacles has required me to seek academic support, develop better organizational skills, and persevere through setbacks. It's been a learning experience that has taught me the importance of resilience and adaptability in the face of adversity

Para Julia

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 69 Difficulties and dilemmas
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024