не предусмотрено.

Суббота, 04.05.2024, 01:45
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 62 Manner: behaviour and body language - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 62 Manner: behaviour and body language
Unit 62 Manner: behaviour and body language
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 02.04.2023, 00:13 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
What are the rules of courtesy that you think it is essential to observe?

Why do you think it is important to be courteous? 

Do you remember ever being offhand with anybody? What was the reason? 

Has anyone ever been offhand with you? What do you think was the reason?

What rules of etiquette do you consider to be important / do you try to observe yourself?

In what circumstances do you think it is necessary to stand on ceremony and when is it unappropriate?

Do you think it is ok for a person of your age to be straitlaced? 

What is the done thing in your family which makes it different from other households you know?

What rules of netiquette do you consider to be important / do you try to observe yourself?

When was it last time that anything / anybody raised your eyebrows? When you raised anybody's eyebrows? When anybody's eyebrows were raised in your presence? What was the reason?

Has anything ever made you flinch or squirm? What was it?

Have you ever seen anyone smirking or beaming? What was the reason?

Why do you think people would titter? Give an example.

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Воскресенье, 02.04.2023, 22:30 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник

People can be rude, but not everyone can respond to rudeness with silence. It seems to me that a huge problem in any relationship is the inability to hear the other person, to look at the situation with a different perspective, to try to understand others and try to accept their views and stances. Most quarrels happen precisely for this reason. This also applies to courtesy, which, to me, is something humanity lacks. Courtesy, according to the Dictionary of Ethics, is a moral quality of human beings based on respect for others. And everyone is pleased to be treated courteously. Then why isn't everyone polite?

Every time I come to my favorite coffee shop, the barista handing me my drink is bound to wish me a good day with a smile. It warms my heart, and I wish you a good day in return. It may seem trifling, merely to wish someone a good day, although I believe that it is very significant. I feel that when you are treated politely, you want to broadcast that goodwill to the world.

Courtesy also helps us to express ourselves without being rude or aggressive, and it can help to make people around us feel welcome. Being impolite repels people, for it is unpleasant when someone is rude or boorish, it offends the person being spoken to. It is not necessary to use eloquent words like "would you be so kind" in your speech in order to be polite. It is essential to know the simple words like "thank you", "please" and to say them sincerely. Most importantly, the courtesy should be heartfelt and not devolve into flattery. And if it does, it means that you need something from the person. Sooner or later the person will realize it and you may lose the respect of this person forever. With such flattery one can get something needed, but the chance for friendship and respect is lost. Nowadays the problem of courtesy is very relevant in today's society.

yarovaya02Дата: Воскресенье, 02.04.2023, 22:53 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
In Afghanistan, when bread is dropped on the floor, it’s lifted and kissed.

In Korean culture, respect for the elderly is very important. In addition to waiting for the older person to start eating, you are also supposed to sit on the table until that person is done. And when you are offered a drink by someone older, you must accept it by lifting your glass with both hands.

Iceland: Gifting Books for Christmas
Gift exchange is always part of the social customs around the world. If you happen to celebrate Christmas in Iceland, make sure you prepare books to give as gifts. In other countries, people spend a great deal of money on gadgets or gift cards. There’s even a constant struggle if the recipient will like that watch you purchased. However, gift exchange is a whole lot easier in Iceland.
Icelanders have a Christmas tradition of gifting a book. Everyone unwraps their presents and they spend the evening reading what they received.

Although you might feel TWITCH, FLINCH, SQUIRM, you shouldn’t forget about COURTEOUS. It is an important MANNER. [size=12]

marichernaya911Дата: Понедельник, 03.04.2023, 19:39 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник

Courtousness is used to be taken as something old-fashioned. However, as everything belonging to the past, courtousness is time-proved, and consequently extremely important.

I believe that courtousness is the basic expression of love and respect for a person that must be present in relationships between people. It is so easy to say "good morning" with a smile, to hold the door, to ask about health and how things are going. That's easy for us, but can cheer up a person greatly. You never know exactly what is going on with a person. They can feel lonely, they can be betrayed or offended, or ill, or having had a lost. And unexpectedly your smile and compliment can lift their spirits, make great help in hard situation.

It is also possible to be said that courtousness is the basis of christian attitude to people. When you try to love people and see the image of God in every human being, you really find it impossible to be offhand with anyone. Vice versa, you treat carefully everyone as the images of Christ Himself.

Some people think that being polite with a person with whom you have misunderstandings is akin of hypocrisy. I don't think so. I believe it is the only possible behaviour - mere human as well as Christian. Inwardly, it is the step must being made to reconcile. And externally it may seem to be something like famous principle "fake it till you make it": that means that you try to do something outwardly, seem to be something, and sooner or later you become what you pretended to be.

amasaltsevaДата: Понедельник, 03.04.2023, 23:37 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
Why do you think people would titter? Give an example.

I’ve realised that I do titter sometimes. To be mere frank, it is happening to me quite often these days, and I’ve found several explanations to that. As it seems to me, this kind of laughter occurs each time I am anxious, a little embarrassed and exhausted, keyed up a bit. Each of that emotional states of mine, triggered by an action, may lead to an out of the blue tittering. That makes me think about the difference between a cause and occasion of a war, a cause exists on a deeper level and, if we talk about an emotional state, is an accumulated fatigue, for instance. Nervous giggling can be both: the coping mechanism, the specific mental process aimed at minimizing negative experiences, or the way to be freed from the burden of emotions, tiredness, sadness, etc. Tears or laughter is the best way to do that or to release all the toxins. I “use” both methods: cry and laugh, laugh and cry and it helps.

---------------------------------
He was a bit old-fashioned. He adored STAYING ON CEREMONY, following all those ETIQUETTE rules, and was a true fan of COURTESY. It was funny how he took any MANNERS which didn’t fit his views as an insult and as OFFHAND behaviour. When he heard “bye” instead of “farewell” he used to RAISE HIS EYEBROWS and SNORT.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Вторник, 16.05.2023, 13:10

tsvioletta17Дата: Вторник, 04.04.2023, 09:50 | Сообщение # 6
Подполковник
Do you think it is ok for a person of your age to be straitlaced?

This is a very good question because you can speculate on it.

Nowadays, teenagers strive for freedom, moral foundations are blurred in the frivolity of youth. They often perceive everything acutely, because they tremble so much for their limitlessness that they forget about the limits of morality. Yes, a whole generation has passed and our life is very different from the life of our parents, the world around us is also different, but something always remains relevant.

In our world, fresh views still prevail, but there are also some teenagers who adhere to old views. Most often, it is my Christian friends who preserve traditions and I understand them. I believe that everything should be in moderation, you need to keep up with the times, not to condemn anyone, but also not to be a dissolute person without moral goals.

I really don't like, literally condemn rude and INSOLENT people. But COURTEOUS people are delighting me. Also I feel uncomfortable with people who always STAND ON CEREMONY, they make me TWICHING.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Вторник, 02.05.2023, 13:19

sasavasl15Дата: Понедельник, 29.05.2023, 14:06 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
We pride ourselves on being friendly and COURTEOUS and efficient. And DISCOURTEOUS manners are frowned upon among us. You'd better not be INSOLENT.

sensualpie111Дата: Воскресенье, 03.09.2023, 23:45 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
Being courteous is important because it promotes positive social interactions and fosters a more harmonious society. It shows respect and consideration for others, which can lead to better relationships, reduced conflicts, and a more pleasant environment for everyone involved. Additionally, courtesy often leads to reciprocity, where others are more likely to treat you with kindness and respect in return.

Para Julia

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 62 Manner: behaviour and body language
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024