[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 12 Relationships: ups and downs
Unit 12 Relationships: ups and downs
readeralexeyДата: Вторник, 15.02.2022, 14:44 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Online
Do you have a true friend? How long have you known each other? How do you know you are friends?

Has anyone ever been two-faced towards you? How did you discover this?

How do you treat your bitter rivals, if you have any?

Do you have a sworn enemy? If yes, is it a problem for any of you?

What allies does Russia currently have?

Do you think it is ok to be distant towards other people?

Can you say you are scrupulously honest in your dealings with others? If no, do you think it's a problem?

In which of these areas do you think complete and unswerving loyalty is indispensable: religion, love, family, friendship, spiritual guidance, citizenship, army, politics, business, dieting, academia, alma mater, pets, brands, doctors, idols... Support your view.

Is there anyone who is deeply critical of you? How do you deal with it?

Who has been your staunchest ally? Has it been helpful?

Would you agree that relationships sometimes break down because of genuine misunderstandings? Do you know any examples of this?

What can cause a rift to develop between friends? Can it be mended? Give an example.

Is there a family member you don't see eye to eye with? How do you cope?

Is there a family member you are on bad terms with? Why? Is there a way towards reconciliation?

Have you been in a relationship that eventually turned sour? What is the best strategy to deal with it?

Have you ever been in a bumpy relationship? Is it worth it?

Have you ever witnessed or been a part of a family feud? What were its causes and effects?

katyadorniakДата: Пятница, 28.04.2023, 21:38 | Сообщение # 16
Полковник
Статус: Offline

Throughout my life, my relationship with my mother has had its ups and downs, and there have been times when we've been on bad terms due to genuine misunderstandings. However, through it all, my mother has been my staunch ally, with complete and unswerving loyalty.

She has always been there for me, offering a supportive ear and words of encouragement when I needed them most. I'm incredibly grateful to have her in my life and can't imagine where I'd be without her unwavering love and support.

Coming from a BROKEN HOME, it's hard to find love. Our FAMILY FEUDS deeply affected personal life.

Example: my brother and his girlfriend had a BUMPY RELATIONSHIP that HAD ITS UPS AND DOWNS. Unfortunately, things TURNED SOUR between them, and they eventually SPLIT UP. My brother has had a tough time treating women properly ever since our parents' DIVORCE, and this has caused many GENUINE MISUNDERSTANDINGS in his relationships.

Despite this, I have always been his STAUNCH ALLY, with COMPLETE and UNSWERVING LOYALTY to him. I am always SCRUPULOUSLY HONEST with him, even when it hurts. However, he has been DISTANT TOWARDS me and DISHONEST with his ex-girlfriend. They DON'T SEE EYE TO EYE, and their DISCORD has caused them to become SWORN ENEMIES, DISLOYAL to each other. They are now ARCH-RIVALS, whereas they used to be ALLIES and even planned to be BUSINESS PARTNERS one day. Unfortunately, my brother's TWO-FACED BEHAVIOR TOWARDS ex-girlfriend has caused him to lose the support of his ACQUAINTANCES and COLLEAGUES.

I hope he learns to treat women with the respect they deserve and becomes more SUPPORTIVE and LOYAL to those he cares about in the future.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал katyadorniak - Пятница, 28.04.2023, 21:39

vernik04Дата: Пятница, 28.04.2023, 23:02 | Сообщение # 17
Подполковник
Do you have a true friend? How long have you known each other? How do you know you are friends?

I’m lucky to have a TRUE FRIEND. Her name is Ulyana. We’ve known each other for 6 years. We met in ninth grade when I just entered a new school. We didn’t like each other at the beginning, but then we got to know each other closer and she became my friend, a true one. Before I returned to my old school the following year, we were INSEPARABLE. I know that she’s LOYAL to me and she never SPEAKS ILL of me BEHIND MY BACK. We RESPECT and support each other very much, I’m always there for her and so she is. is she She’s never CRITICAL OF me but she’s completely HONEST. She’s TRUSTWORTHY so I can tell her about the most intimate moments of my life. Usually we don’t quarrel but if we do, we don’t nurse a grievance, we talk to each other about things that hurt us and try to reach compromises. For example, if we agreed to meet and then she couldn’t make it because she was tired, I do not resent it because I try to be an understanding person and I know she would do the same for me. Moreover, we love spending time together because we are comfortable with each other, we have a lot in common and she likes my jokes, which is very important to me.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Четверг, 04.05.2023, 20:20

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 11.03.2024, 18:47 | Сообщение # 18
Полковник
Who has been your staunchest ally?

I think that such a person has been my father, he has always been supporting and helping me. In my opinion, he is a very wise supporter, although he loves me and my siblings very much, he does not interfere in our lives, but he constantly prays for us and always gives a piece of advice when we ask for it. Whenever I have questions I can ask him, when I have troubles, he does anything it takes to help me, when my soul is restless, he prays for me.
I wish I could spent more time with him.

They were business partners but now they are arch rivals.
Our friendship had its ups and downs, but we remained true friends.
She was always scrupulously honest in doing her chores.
My staunchest ally has always been completely and unswervingly loyal to me.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Вторник, 23.04.2024, 15:21

tsvioletta17Дата: Вторник, 12.03.2024, 01:29 | Сообщение # 19
Подполковник

I have a wonderful friend, I love her very much. We understand and feel each other, we listen to each other and support each other, we can talk about absolutely any topic. We have known each other since the first class and we are still very close, and this is already 15 years. In some ways we are very similar and in other ways very different, that's probably why we are excited about each other.
 [size=12]We never ever have genuine misunderstandings we can find a compromise always.I know that we will always help each other and be honest.

Do you think it is ok to be distant towards other people?

Absolutely fine. I am often aloof myself because I get tired of people, although I love people and society very much. But I enjoy my personal space no less. Sometimes I am happy to spend the whole day alone. I believe we all benefit from being with ourselves sometimes. The main thing is to mark your boundaries and that you want to be alone so as not to embarass your loved ones and your relationship doesn't turn sour.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Вторник, 23.04.2024, 01:43

amasaltsevaДата: Вторник, 12.03.2024, 10:16 | Сообщение # 20
Полковник
In which areas do you think complete and unswerving loyalty is indispensable?

I firmly believe that there are areas where complete and unswerving loyalty is indispensable. The two areas which first come to my mind are religion and family, and they are united by love. Love is the power which makes us human, it is something, on the one hand, clear, ultimately simple, on the other, beyond understanding. It is such since we should love someone more than we do ourselves and it’s extremely difficult, for how can one stop loving himself through whose eyes he sees the world, his own soul and heart, his treasure, given by God as a gift, life. Love is irrational and illogical but expresses absolute beauty. Obviously, here true, ideal Love is meant, the Greek agape. That is something which requires absolute loyalty. Unfortunately, when it comes to practice, I mean earthly life, the loftiest ideal collides with reality, so we can do nothing but strive to achieve the perfection and spend life seeking it.

-----------------------------
He wasn't deeply critical of me, or scrupulously honest. He was disloyal and two-faced towards me. We used to be true friends, and now we are arch rivals, sworn enemies. I can't treat him as a friend, nor can he be a casual acquaintance of mine.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Вторник, 23.04.2024, 19:46

sensualpie111Дата: Вторник, 12.03.2024, 11:33 | Сообщение # 21
Подполковник
Do you have a true friend? How long have you known each other? How do you know you are friends

I have two real friends whom I have known since school. They have always been loyal, supportive and honest with me, for which I am very grateful. However, I realized that they were my real friends only after we finished school. It's easy to make friends at school because you spend 6-7 hours together every day and you have common topics of conversation. But after school, friends often become distant towards you and eventually disappear completely. My friends, Olya and Nastya, stayed with me, and although our friendship had its ups and downs, I know that I can always write to them and receive sincere interest and support.

Is there a family member you don't see eye to eye with? How do you cope

I don't see eye to eye with my grandfather. He often likes to discuss controversial topics at the dinner table, but other relatives do not support conversations with him on these topics, as they are afraid that it may develop a rift between them. However, my grandfather never disrespects the opinions of others, he is always loyal and honest, so I am not afraid of accidentally causing discord. I like talking with him despite the fact that our views almost never agree.

Para Julia

Сообщение отредактировал sensualpie111 - Вторник, 16.04.2024, 22:26

marichernaya911Дата: Вторник, 12.03.2024, 16:16 | Сообщение # 22
Полковник

Since my childhood my mom have always been my truest and the most loyal friend. When I had problems in relationships with classmates, rifts and disagreements with friends, when someone was deeply critical of me, she always comforted me.

It is still so. She supports all my undertakings and encourages me when I feel tired and lost. She has a trait I admire the most: she never imposes her opinion and never makes decisions instead of me, even if I ask her to tell me what I must do. She gives me absolute freedom of choice, and it makes me feel responsible for my life. And I know that my mom, and my parents generally, are the only people who love me selflessly and faithfully.

1. Being two-faced towards somebody means being amiable outwardly with a person, but speaking ill of them behind their back. 2.Allies are always supportive, loyal and truthful, as these traits help in common activities. 3. I find it disrespectful to be distant towards those with whom you are casual acquaintances and friendly towards true friends or partners. I believe it is respectful to be courteous with all people, even with your bitter rivals and sworn friends. 4. A rift can easily develop between those who don't see eye to eye on fundamental things. But it is better not to allow a breakdown and discord, but be in peace with everyone, at least inwardly. 5. It is a great grief and trauma for a child to live in a broken home. Even a family feud can make children vulnerable.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Понедельник, 22.04.2024, 23:54

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Суббота, 13.04.2024, 23:56 | Сообщение # 23
Полковник

I used to take any criticism in my address very categorically, being strongly offended and worried about it. Now I see that there is a constructive criticism. I can even say that I am positive towards it, because it leads me to think about what I could "correct" or change in myself. Sometimes I receive constructive criticism from SUPPORTIVE people, for instance, from my parents. I know that they are honest to me and are not being TWO-FACED TOWARDS me. There are things that my parents and I don't see eye to eye on, but I always listen to what they say and draw conclusions for myself. Certainly, my parents can speak about me "BEHIND MY BACK", but they are my parents, and they have the right to complain about me to each other.

Добавлено (14.04.2024, 00:04)
---------------------------------------------
I have no SWORN ENEMIES, which is certainly nice. Back when I was in high school, during the peak of the teenage years, there were people with whom we mutually DISRESPECTED each other. Now all those with whom I used to be ON BAD TERMS are either simply absent from my life or our communication has become somewhat more friendly.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Понедельник, 22.04.2024, 15:12

sasavasl15Дата: Вторник, 16.04.2024, 21:46 | Сообщение # 24
Полковник

There is one person in my life who always criticizes me. And that's me. This is a habit or an internal attitude that has appeared over time. And recently, this has become a serious problem. The fact is that I think criticism is necessary, but in the right way and in the right individual amount. But at some point I realized that I was criticizing myself for literally everything. It's as if a second voice has appeared inside me, which always gives out a negative, condemning comment about and without. It's quite hard for you to live with such an attitude, constantly feeling guilty and dissatisfied. In the end, it turned into a strong fear of making mistakes, and then into a simple conclusion that if you do nothing, then there will be no mistakes. It's an unbearable state that I really don't want to go back to.

---------

1. Her parents were unsupportive and often critical of her decisions. 2. She remained steadfast in her commitment to being honest and truthful in all her interactions. 3. He resorted to dishonest behavior and untruthful statements to cover up his mistakes.

lisaswan001Дата: Четверг, 18.04.2024, 14:38 | Сообщение # 25
Лейтенант
Can you say you are scrupulously honest in your dealings with others? If no, do you think it's a problem?

The concept of honesty is a cornerstone of any strong relationship, especially friendships. There are situations where absolute honesty might not be the most constructive approach.That’s the topic that I think a lot about and discuss with my friends.

When I was in school, friendship tests were very popular among kids. I remember taking a test called "Are you an honest friend?". There were a lot of questions, but one that caught my attention very quickly was, "If your friend wore an ugly outfit to a party, would you tell her that she should have worn something else?". I answered that I would never do that, but the test ended up telling me that I'm not such a good friend because of my dishonesty. I absolutely believe in lying for good. You don't have to tell a close friend about gossip that other people say about them, about an outfit YOU don't like, because you might not like it just because of the difference in your tastes in clothes.

Well, a real friend also shouldn’t be critical, unsupportive and show disrespect. Therefore, while I may not always achieve absolute honesty, I try to be a good friend by avoiding unnecessary negativity. After all, genuine friendships are about building each other up, not tearing each other down.

Сообщение отредактировал lisaswan001 - Четверг, 18.04.2024, 14:40

sodrozdovaДата: Четверг, 18.04.2024, 16:24 | Сообщение # 26
Лейтенант

Yes, I do have a true friend. We have been friends for almost 18 years and she is my best friend. Her name is Satsy and we are completely different, but I think if we weren't sisters, we would never have become friends. How do I know that we're friends? It's obvious, because she's the only person I can tell everything to, and it works for both of us. Another interesting thing about our friendship is that we often wear the same clothes and have similar tastes. Sometimes, we go out and we get confused because we look so much alike.

Yes, I do have such a person, and she is my grandmother. I have always found it difficult to understand people who have a good relationship with their grandparents, as mine are the complete opposite to most people's. When I was a child, she would always tell me that I was either too fat or too thin, and I am never good enough. Now, her comments about my appearance don't bother me as much, but there is another issue. She is not Orthodox and almost hates it when my family goes to church every weekend. When she found out about me and my sister singing in the church choir, there was a big argument about it. She is still my grandmother, and I have to take care of her, but sometimes it can be difficult to deal with her pressure.
Прикрепления: 8298511.jpg (149.6 Kb) · 2651552.jpg (124.7 Kb) · 8612491.jpg (136.4 Kb) · 2855434.jpg (163.7 Kb)

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Четверг, 18.04.2024, 16:41

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 12 Relationships: ups and downs
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024