Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Upper-Intermediate »
»
Unit 039 Crime

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 17:36
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 039 Crime - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 039 Crime
Unit 039 Crime
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 18.11.2023, 20:55 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Have you ever been a witness or (God forbid) a victim of any of the crimes mentioned in the Unit? Describe your experience.

Have you ever been at a court hearing? Describe your experience.

Write a detective story using as many words from the Unit as possible.

Why do you think people commit crimes?

What is your attitude towards such forms of punishment as capital punishment, life sentence, labour camps, public execution, exile, mutilation?

veronikachernykh15Дата: Пятница, 15.12.2023, 23:22 | Сообщение # 2
Майор

There are a lot of reasons why a person can commit a crime, but it seems to me that the main reason is hopelessness. Of course, there are crimes that are dictated by mental disorders, a sense of revenge or even duty, or simply a lack of morality. But it seems to me that it is not uncommon for good and evil to struggle in the human soul, pushing towards one or another decision.
We all know the example of Sonechka by Dostoevsky, who worked illegally and against her own moral principles in order to support her family. I think this phenomenon is common among robbers, shoplifters, and even murderers.

He COMMITTED A CRIME being under the pressure. He was ARRESTED and CHARGED WITH a bank ROBBERY. During the TRIAL it was investigated that abusive ROBBER is his ACCOMPLICE. So he was CONVICTED OF the robbery but not as strict as if he committed a crime not under the pressure.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Суббота, 16.12.2023, 00:24

lolosipovanikaДата: Суббота, 16.12.2023, 14:32 | Сообщение # 3
Лейтенант

I think, people commit crimes because there is no justice in our world. I mean, it's not Heavens, so it's no ideal. There's a lot of evil in the world. And sometimes people want to make justice, to revenge. But I think, that's a mistake. Revenging is the endless process of crimes in our world. We need to learn how to forgive and try our best to be good people. And of course it sounds simpler than it really is. I don't know what I would do, if someone killed my close person. It's easier to be a good person, when you have a family and it is not in danger.

==============
1. There was a man, who always thought, that some CRIME had happened to been committed against him. 2 When his daughter came late from school, he thought, that she was had been KIDNAPED or ABDUCTED. 3. When he can't couldn't find his purse or keys, he was sure, that they were he had been BURGLARED burgled or PICKPOCKED. pickpocketed 4. When he got mail, he expected to became BLACKMAILED and DEFRAUDED. 5. When i I gave him to try a new tea, he accused me in of  SMUGGLING. 6. What a funny, always-a-VICTIM was that man!

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Среда, 20.12.2023, 22:26

sodrozdovaДата: Суббота, 16.12.2023, 14:37 | Сообщение # 4
Лейтенант

I believe people commit crimes because they lost their life sense. meaning of life Such crimes as murder, kidnapping and abduction are the last stages of peoples a person's despair or indifference. First people do shoplifting or burglary and some of them think that they did nothing and nobody is hurt. But that is not right. Small actions that leads to big crimes can be the first symptoms that someone's soul needs healing. People can be so lonely that nobody can say tell them that they do something wrong. After committing the crime nobody usually thinks of consequences. They think the prison is not for them, that they cannot be arrested.
I don't try to protect justify people who committed crimes but I think we should be more careful to those who seems lonely.

1) When I was at school I always was afraid of meeting the a TERRORIST. 2) My grandmother believes every person that she doesn't know is a FRAUD. 3) I don't know if some parents treat their kids bad is called an ABDUCTION. 4) One day a FRAUDSTER called my me by What'sApp and said that I was a WITNESS of some CRIME and he needed EVIDENCE.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Среда, 20.12.2023, 22:41

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 039 Crime
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024