Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Upper-Intermediate »
»
Unit 028 Health and medicine

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 17:13
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 028 Health and medicine - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 028 Health and medicine
Unit 028 Health and medicine
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 22.10.2023, 23:32 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Make a list of any of the problems mentioned in this unit that you yourself have had. What were the symptoms? What did you do to solve the problem(s)?

lisaswan001Дата: Среда, 25.10.2023, 16:16 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
Make a list of any of the problems mentioned in this unit that you yourself have had. What were the symptoms? What did you do to solve the problem(s)?

I have allergies, and unfortunately, my body reacts negatively to almost anything. Spring is an especially difficult time for me because I struggle with hay fever.
Whenever I eat fruits that I'm allergic to (which, unfortunately, includes nearly every type of fruit), I experience unpleasant symptoms. My throat starts itching, and I develop a headache due to my blocked nose. I may also have difficulty breathing, and the most concerning part is that it can trigger asthma. In such cases, it's important for allergic people to have access to injections or an asthma spray for immediate help. In addition, my allergies sometimes result in swollen eyes, which can resemble a black eye.
At least I've never experienced a broken bone.

Добавлено (25.10.2023, 16:17)
---------------------------------------------
Last week my friend Alice BROKE her leg. It was a frosty Thursday morning when she was walking to the university, SHIVERING from with the cold, and she suddenly started to feel DIZZY. The next thing she remembers - an awful PAIN in her leg. Now she is staying at home with a huge BANDAGE on her leg, it will take her three weeks to GET OVER it.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Вторник, 19.12.2023, 21:55

veronikachernykh15Дата: Среда, 25.10.2023, 22:34 | Сообщение # 3
Майор
I can't say that I get ill very often or too easily. But last year on the 31st of December I had a virus. While I was cooking I suddenly felt dizzy and exhausted. Some time later I had a headache and started shivering, so I immediately went asleep and woke up exactly at the moment everyone was feasting. At that moment I lost my appetite and also had a temperature and sore throat. That was my happy new year.

————————————————————————————
A friend of mine plays amateur football and he always has different SYMPTOMS after it. He has a lot of BRUISERS on legs and sometimes a BLACK EYE. He has BACK ACHING constantly and his muscles HURT. I often meet him with BANDAGES and plasters

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Пятница, 22.12.2023, 00:32

sodrozdovaДата: Четверг, 26.10.2023, 00:25 | Сообщение # 4
Лейтенант
I will talk about a problem every student has in their life: stress. That's common that stress harms your mental health very easily.

The symptoms are: firstly, you start forgetting things. When people are stressed they can't hold a lot of different things in their mind, so the brain decides what is necessary and what is not. For example, last Monday I forgot that it was actually Monday and I skipped my PE classes and a visit to my grandma...

Secondly, you don't want to talk to people. We don't feel right talking to many people when we can't even manage our daily routine in a the right way. There is no way anyone could hold on talking about other people's news.

Thirdly, you want to reduce pain by eating tasty food. That can influence your appearance and bodily health.

Those are major problems of having permanent stress. I want to advise people who deal with such a problem to take life more easy. Don't think too much of what other people expect you to behave and look like. Just calm down and try to spend time with your family or friends who can help you not to get in that sate that deep. Also you can eat more fruits instead of processed food.

_________
There has been a SHARP RISE in the number of people who deals with MENTAL HEALTH problems. I have a friend who suffered PANIC ATTACKS that lead her to be too skinny and very DEPRESSED. She started to take sessions with a psych to REDUCE harmful affect. Now she MAINTAINS doing mental EXERCISES that are good for her heath. I can LIST some of them: keeping a diary, eating FRUIT AND NUTS, drinking water that helps in BOOSTING her IMMUNE SYSTEM.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Четверг, 21.12.2023, 10:58

lolosipovanikaДата: Четверг, 26.10.2023, 10:27 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант
I do skate a lot, so I usually have a lot of bruises on my knees. They are not a big deal, so I just wash them well and sometimes firstly wash with hydrogen peroxide to prevent an infection.

When I've got a sore throat and feel sick, which often happens every winter, I drink a lot of tea and prefer to stay at home until getting better.

Yesterday my stomach hurt terribly, I wanted to vomit, my temperature rose, because the day before yesterday I ate a lot of fatty food, nothing helped and the only treatment for me was a prayer. And today I burned my finger and went to the university.

=============

1. Yesterday Martin had the worst day in his life: early in the morning he noticed RASH on his chest. 2. He decided to go to the doctor, but fell down the stairs, and got many BRUISES on his knees. 3. He did not give up, his knees were ACHING, his chest was ITCHING. 4. When Martin finally reached the doctor, he SUFFERED A STROKE and almost BROKE HIS WRIST. 5. "That's it for today" - said Martin to himself and went home EXHAUSTED, DEPRESSED and STRESSED. 6. Eventually he was home, but somewhere on his way home, he PICKED UP A BUG. 7. His body was SHIVERING, Martin FELT SICK but didn't give up and thought: "It's okay, i I just need two weeks to GET OVER it".

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Четверг, 21.12.2023, 11:41

sodrozdovaДата: Суббота, 16.12.2023, 13:38 | Сообщение # 6
Лейтенант

One day I got a virus. It was awful. The symptoms were dreadful: high TEMPERATURE (about 39,7), strong pain in the legs and spots on my neck. Also I couldn't sleep because of shivering from cold. I slept under several warm blankets. The virus hurt my back and head and all that it was impossible to handle.

1) I have never had ITCHING when an insect bites me. 2) When I got the virus I felt very DIZZY. 3) I was STRESSED and EXHAUSTED so I couldn't even think. 4) I also LOST MY APPETITE. 5) When I was five I got a LUMP on my head. 6) I fell down and got a big BRUISE.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Четверг, 21.12.2023, 10:59

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 028 Health and medicine
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024