[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 094 Other common verbs
Unit 094 Other common verbs
readeralexeyДата: Среда, 25.05.2022, 13:35 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
1 Have you ever turned down an offer or invitation that you later regretted?

2 If you were about to buy a house, what sort of things would you want to look at first?

3 Have you ever done something because you felt it might be useful in the long run?

4 What - if anything - stops public transport from running in your country?

5 Do you think it is possible for someone’s heart to be broken?

6 Have you ever resolved to turn over a new leaf? In what way(s)?

7 Do you have any particular jobs that you must see to today? If so, what?

8 Has your home ever been broken into? What happened?

9 Can you think of something that has happened to you recently that turned out very differently from how you had expected?

sodrozdovaДата: Четверг, 07.03.2024, 11:46 | Сообщение # 16
Лейтенант
3 Have you ever done something because you felt it might be useful in the long run?
Yes, I had such experience in my life. However, this story won't be about my decision. I believe we are too young and happy now to think about what will happen in the long run, but our parents knew exactly what to do. My mother sent me to a music school because she believed that having a musical education was a sign of good upbringing. It is not necessary to become a musician after finishing the school, but such knowledge can certainly have a good effect on adult life. Of course, it was terribly hard for me to study there as a teenager, as I didn't want anything actually, but if you look on the bright side, now I get a lot of advantages from it.
My musical school is over, but this experience still helps me in my life. I think people have to try something unexpected, as it may turn out that it will play a significant role in your life.
________
1) It is hard to SEE TO all of the assignments we have at our university. 2) It is easy for me to SEE THROUGH a person, especially if they behave strangely. 3) The most important Christian rule: don't LOOK DOWN ON people if they make mistakes. 4) Instead LOOK UP TO them if they have progress fighting with their weaknesses.

Сообщение отредактировал sodrozdova - Четверг, 07.03.2024, 16:05

lolosipovanikaДата: Четверг, 07.03.2024, 15:56 | Сообщение # 17
Лейтенант
9 Can you think of something that has happened to you recently that turned out very differently from how you had expected?

One book called "East of Eden" by John Steinbeck once turned up in my life. I had some good expectations about it. I felt that this book wouldn't betray my expectations and it didn't. The book didn't run out of ideas. I had amusing time reading it. I was very glad for one character, whose heart was broken, because in the final he managed to turn over a new leaf and came to terms with his life.
Прикрепления: 9485664.jpg (146.4 Kb)

Сообщение отредактировал lolosipovanika - Четверг, 07.03.2024, 16:27

veronikachernykh15Дата: Четверг, 07.03.2024, 16:08 | Сообщение # 18
Майор
If you were about to buy a house, what sort of things would you want to look at first?

Two years ago, we had to renovate an absolutely empty apartment, there were not even walls. Of course, this is not a house which is much more difficult and takes longer to build, but I think it is a similar experience. It all started with the search for builders. It turned out to be quite difficult as we turned down almost all construction crews due to a limited budget. So it quickly became obvious that most of the repairs will have to be done by ourselves. But despite this, my husband and I turned out to be a good team, because I came up with ideas and he brought them to life. First of all, we started with a detailed schematic of our apartment. It was necessary to think over every socket and switch. We consulted with sisters and brothers, parents and familiar builders. It became clear that we would be doing repairs for a very long time, since we only had enough money for wiring electricity and water. But we looked on the bright side. And six months later we moved into the apartment, although there was only a bathtub and a toilet from the furniture. We slept on a mattress and ate only take a way food. But in June it will be a year, of course, not everything is ready yet, but we worked very productively in our free time and furnished the apartment with love and as we wanted. We spent on it all our money and holidays but I guess it’s worth it
Прикрепления: 3805608.jpg (186.3 Kb) · 7563066.jpg (370.2 Kb) · 2572357.jpg (159.7 Kb) · 3142269.jpg (171.1 Kb)

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Четверг, 07.03.2024, 16:26

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 094 Other common verbs
  • Страница 2 из 2
  • «
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024