Unit 60 Time: once in a blue moon - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 60 Time: once in a blue moon
Unit 60 Time: once in a blue moon
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 25.03.2023, 01:58 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Would you like to work for the same company for donkey’s years?

What could you personally do happily till the cows come home?

Do you think it’s a good thing to spend all your born days in one place?

Can you think of something that you do once in a blue moon?

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 27.03.2023, 22:34 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник

I thought for a long time about what I could do till the cows come home, came up with many ideas, but after a while I decided to settle on one.

In the novel "How the Steel Was Tempered" Nikolay Ostrovsky wrote that life is the most precious thing a person can have. It is given only once, and one must live it in such a way that there is no agonizing pain for the years lived aimlessly, that there is no shame for the petty past. Sometimes I am haunted by anxious, frustrating and depressing thoughts, I become apathetic and have no desire for life, I stop appreciating it and I see no meaning in it. Time runs inexorably, life is fleeting and transient, but it is said that life is remarkable when one remarks on it.

Last May, when I turned 19, my brother proposed a toast in which he mentioned my ability to see beauty in the world, to notice the details that make up life. I was infinitely pleased to hear that. I have already told you about my passion for photography. And perhaps what I am so fond of photography for is the opportunity to catch the moment. I have 27,000 photos on my phone. Occasionally I find myself thinking about cleaning the film of excess, but this idea quickly fades away when I open my phone and flick through the photos. I don't want to bid farewell to the memory that photographs hold. I always snap photos of what I notice and find attractive or interesting, whether it's a sticker stuck on a drainpipe or an old man walking with an equally old dog.

When I feel blue, I often look back at the photos and immerse in memories. The photos remind me of how many wonderful and exciting things I've seen in my life. So yeah, what I could do till the cows come home is to take pictures.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Воскресенье, 18.06.2023, 15:15

tsvioletta17Дата: Понедельник, 27.03.2023, 23:09 | Сообщение # 3
Подполковник
Do you think it’s a good thing to spend all your born days in one place?

Could you sit in the same room all day? And two? Maybe a week? Maybe for a couple of days, yes, then the walls begin to press, oppress, everything seems so monotonous, protracted and learned by heart. The same thing will happen if you stay in one place: a city or a country for life.

I probably wouldn't be able to move to another country, says one part of me. And the other part of me is adventurous, easy-going, wants to visit other cities and countries, live here and there, get to know this world. I'm often cautious and think "why do I need this?", sometimes I'm afraid to decide on something. I love stability, I enjoy this feeling when I return to my city and understand I know everything here and I'm safe here.

In general, I believe that the world is large and gorgeous to spend all born days in one place.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Вторник, 20.06.2023, 10:43

yarovaya02Дата: Вторник, 28.03.2023, 11:12 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник

Well, there areseveral things I like doing.

1. I think if I could I would happily walk all the time till the cows come home, especially when the weather is warm and sunny. I like catching sun beams, watching “the clouds sailing, blue sky prevailing...” and just enjoying stillness. But as you can guess, it happens rarely.

2. Moreover I could repeatedly listen to my father playing piano. He is very good at playing Bach’s compositions, his hands are very strong, so piano sounds solemn and triumphant.

3. And then when I am far away from home, I recollect these happy moments.

-We see each other ONCE IN A BLUE MOON.
-That’s because I work till the VOWS COME HOME.
- You work all your BORN DAYS.
- Yes, and I can not do my tasks IN A FLASH several tasks SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Понедельник, 19.06.2023, 16:35

amasaltsevaДата: Понедельник, 03.04.2023, 23:56 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник

It seems, there is a great variety of things I love so much that,I can do them endlessly, till the cows come home. Funny it is, however, the first thing which has come to my mind was that of drinking tea. Especially, if it is hot strong dark tea with fresh mint, lemon, honey, or with sea-buckthorn, or cranberries, the list is infinitive. Some friends of mine do know, I love tea so much that I can’t sleep or go out without having at least one cup. That’s kind of a ritual.

Another thing I enjoy doing is reading. Unfortunately, I’m not able to read more than for several hours a day as I am too busy and just can’t “afford” escaping from reality. But each time I do, each time I lay aside all the duties, tasks, thoughts and so forth, and read what I do want, I feel over the moon. It is warm, harmonious and quiet deep down, and the only thing I desire is to prolong this state of sheer tranquility.

-----------------------------------
She only meets him ONCE IN A BLUE MOON. Each time she knows he is somewhere near she goes there IN A FLASH and is ready to wait for him UNTIL COWS COME HOME. Everyone believed her feelings to be TRANSIENT, however they appeared to be quite PERSISTENT.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Понедельник, 19.06.2023, 15:53

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Суббота, 27.05.2023, 21:23 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
I have a friend who whom I've known FOR DONKEY'S YEARS. But as it happens, we see each other ONCE IN A BLUE MOON. Even though we rarely meet, I'm sure our friendship will last TILL THE COWS COME HOME.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Суббота, 17.06.2023, 12:32

sasavasl15Дата: Понедельник, 29.05.2023, 14:03 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник

I've been drawing all my life. When I was very young, I invented worlds, and diligently depicted them on paper with the smallest details. At school, in addition to reading in class, I drew, practised my skill, then even went to art school. Even now I try to find time to make a sketch or come up with an idea for a full-fledged picture. For me, drawing is more than a hobby. This is my psychotherapy, relaxation and a way to release emotions or experiences.

--------

Her visit is a once IN A BLUE MOON THING. And always happens IN THE NICK OF TIME. And this has been happening ALL MY BORN DAYS.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Понедельник, 19.06.2023, 16:39

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 60 Time: once in a blue moon
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024