Unit 04 Job interviews - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 04 Job interviews
Unit 04 Job interviews
readeralexeyДата: Среда, 17.11.2021, 12:38 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
What do you do before a stressful situation to boost your confidence?

Would you rather have a lot of paid leave or a higher salary?

Do you work better under pressure? Or do you prefer to have more time?

Do you enjoy taking on extra responsibility? Or do you find it stressful?

If you have ever been to a job interview, describe your experience. What would you recommend to those who are going to their first job interview?

danil_naydenovДата: Четверг, 25.11.2021, 01:24 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант

I've always had doubts whether I match the criteria of an employer or not. Although I have never had a serous interview, advice to practice beforehand with your friend, to do a trial run, seems trustworthy. But the most important thing is your mindset. If you are afraid, your body language will give you away. And, in contrast, if you are confident, your handshake will be firm, you will be making eye contact instead of staring at the floor, and the first impression of you will be overall good. To not stress too much, it is important to think over all the possible questions you may be asked, and also prepare your own so you can talk everything through. But the main thing that helps me overcome stress and boost my confidence is the knowledge that it is definitely not the most important thing in the world. You need to constantly remember that there are many opportunities. If you fail here, you will definitely succeed somewhere else.

Добавлено (25.11.2021, 14:01)
---------------------------------------------
Sentences. Unit 4.

Today there are many companies that offer in-house training programs for new employers. I think that is very good, because, on the one
hand, it gives people more space for professional development. On the other hand, it helps companies fill their posts with educable and enthusiastic people. Of course, companies have to take on more responsibility for education of new recruits, but in the end it’s worth it.

tukova0306Дата: Понедельник, 06.12.2021, 12:04 | Сообщение # 3
Лейтенант
Sentences. Unit 4  

If you are SHORTLISTED for the interview, then you need to know a set of CRITERIA which employers use to find the most suitable candidates.
The main point is a good FIRST IMPRESSION. You have to be confident and calm. Do not forget to MAKE EYE CONTACT with all the interviewers and remember that BODY LANGUAGE can say a lot about a person.
In order to BOOST YOUR CONFIDENCE, you need to ask a friend to do a TRIAL RUN with you. In interviews, you are most often asked to TALK THROUGH your CV, about your PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT, and about your achievements. My advice to you is to give them a FIRM HANDSHAKE and SPEAK UP. If you were a TRAINEE somewhere, then you definitely need to tell about it. Show that you can work UNDER PRESSURE, that you are keen to TAKE ON more responsibility and that you are looking to FIT THE POST fairly quickly. As soon as employers realize that your qualifications and experience are AN IDEAL FIT FOR the job, they will be delighted to OFFER YOU THE POSITION.

Based on my experience, I can say that nothing good can happen under pressure. As I understand it, any work is a service that must be carried out with an understanding of significance and importance and it must be carried
out according to a person's own will. A person realizes the importance of his work through its necessity, and not through rewards or pressure. As for me, I prefer to have more free time to do some kind of work. And not just free time, but free will and understanding of the importance of this work at this particular moment. In conclusion, I want to say that under pressure it is impossible to get anything real from a person.

Сообщение отредактировал tukova0306 - Понедельник, 06.12.2021, 12:06

salomiagudovaДата: Воскресенье, 20.03.2022, 21:22 | Сообщение # 4
Подполковник

Actually, it’s an interesting question. Generally, I do prefer it when I have enough time to carry out my tasks. I’m a very nervous person, borderline anxious. Even such a simple thing as speaking in class makes my hands shake. But I’m also quite stubborn and don’t want to feel like I’ve wasted an opportunity, so I usually force myself to do something even if I’d rather not do it. But I know that without my nervousness I can do better. So, when there is no pressure and I have enough time, I can do a better job. But on the other hand, I tend to leave things till the last minute and working under pressure makes me put myself together quicker and just start doing the thing.

Sentences:

Jack learnt that Pentagram was RECRUITING and he immediately went on their website to see their set of CRITERIA for their workers. He applied for the position of a graphic designer and was SHORTLISTED. He made sure to DO HIS HOMEWORK first and even asked his friend to do a TRIAL RUN with him to BOOST HIS CONFIDENCE. Finally, it was time for the interview which was conducted by a PANEL, including his future LINE MANAGER. Jack didn’t forget about the importance of a good FIRST IMPRESSION, so he started with a FIRM HANDSHAKE and during the interview he was MAKING EYE CONTACT with the INTERVIEWERS and was SPEAKING UP. Jack TALKED THE PANEL THROUGH his CV and told them about his job as a TRAINEE at a small company and said that he worked great UNDER PRESSURE and was keen to TAKE ON more responsibility. Soon after the interview Jack received a letter that said that the company OFFERED HIM THE POSITION as he was AN IDEAL FIT FOR the job. The letter also OUTLINED his salary, PAID LEAVE and REPORTING STRUCTURE.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Воскресенье, 20.03.2022, 21:23

valpet251Дата: Пятница, 01.04.2022, 00:27 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант

Actually I think that this question has two sides. On the one hand, it is really hard to work under pressure. Some people are very sensitive and they become too nervous under pressure. In that case they can't complete any tasks. This works with me too. I believe that people should understand  the importance of their tasks, take responsibility. This is the only way they can achieve something. But sometimes some pressure can be even good. This does not allow you to relax and makes you always concentrated.

Sentences

Our company is RECRUITING and we have a set of CRITERIA. One of my friends is SHORTLISTED for an interview, so I gave him some tips. First of all, I advised him to DO HIS HOMEWORK, I helped him with a TRIAL RUN together. And I tried to BOOST HIS CONFIDENCE somehow. I told him about the interview, it will be conducted by a PANEL, including a LINE MANAGER. I told my friend that MAKING EYE CONTACT and BODY LANGUAGE are really important. Good FIRST IMPRESSION can boost your opportunities, you should give a FIRM HANDSHAKE and SPEAK UP. During the interview I told him that he will be asked to TALK THEM THROUGH your CV. Also he can ask them about opportunities for PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT. But I told him that we have a very good IN-HOUSE training programme for NEW RECRUITS. Also I warned him that there can be some questions about his experience of work UNDER PRESSURE, how would his SUPERVISOR describe him. If everything goes okay and the company likes him, they will OFFER HIM THE POSITION and ask him to start soon because we are really looking to FILL THE POST now and arrange his START DATE.

Сообщение отредактировал valpet251 - Пятница, 29.04.2022, 00:08

7109633Дата: Четверг, 07.04.2022, 16:35 | Сообщение # 6
Лейтенант

In this hectic and chaotic time we all face stressful situations. So I've come up with some tips for myself to boost my confidence. First of all, you should take several deep breaths and then close your eyes to calm down. Under pressure your thoughts usually are all jumbled together. So if you want to prevent such things from messing with your plans, you should prepare beforehand, I mean read questions and think over your answers or something like this. It is a good idea to ask your friend for help. For instance, she or he can do a trial run with you. Moreover, the crucial thing is how to leave a good first impression. I think it is very important to keep eye contact with a person you speak to. You should pay attention to your body language, because it can betray you in a critical moment. If you have a closed pose or your hands are hidden behind your back, people will read this as a signal that you are nervous and aren’t ready to cooperate with them.

Sentences

A good game developer always does A TRIAL RUN in order to see the FIRST IMPRESSION of special players, whose job involves OUTLINING the bugs to be corrected. Creating a game requires working UNDER STRESS no matter what the circumstances are. Thus everything can’t be perfect and developers have to TAKE ON responsibilities even before the actual START DATE. And this all not talking about many other CRITERIA a company has to meet so that its product could get SHORTLISTED from a vast number of other games.

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Суббота, 30.04.2022, 16:05

alekssander-com29Дата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 13:59 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник

Usually before a stressful situations I try to calm myself down. I prefer to prepare very well to boost my confidence. So if i was shortlisted for a job interview I would do my homework as scrupulously as I can. I would ask somebody to make a trial run with me so I can train my speech and body language. Also one of my ways of calming down are physical exercises. Nothing boosts my confidence as intensely as sport does.

The employer asked Sarah to talk him through her CV. But as she started her speech she found herself unable even to make eye contact with the man sitting in front of her. It was an epic failure she thought but Sarah continued her speech. And as she was talking her confidence was being gradually boosted so she successfully got the p
osition.

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Суббота, 30.04.2022, 22:08

lopatinavarvaraДата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 15:19 | Сообщение # 8
Лейтенант

I am a total procrastinator. I always postpone everything until the last moment and then barely have time to hand over work and complete tasks. I tried to do everything on time, but I can't overcome the habit of putting everything off until the last moment. I think it's because of the production of adrenaline in the body. When a person realizes that he has just a little time left before the deadline, the body begins to produce this hormone, and the person begins to work faster. Of course, it would be great to learn how to rationally allocate time for work, as well as to complete tasks on time, but in fifteen years of study I have not learned how to do this.

I have a friend, who was a bit irresponsible and lazy at school. But now everything has changed. She TOOK ON responsibilities, got a really good job and learned how to work UNDER PRESSURE. Recently she told me how was her JOB INTERVIEW. She was very nervous, but tried not to show it. Before the interview she DID HER HOMEWORK, learned a lot about the company and so on, what BOOSTED HER CONFIDENCE. At the interview she tried to make a good FIRST IMPRESSION and it looks like she succeeded. Now everyone thinks she was the IDEAL FIT FOR that job.

Сообщение отредактировал lopatinavarvara - Воскресенье, 01.05.2022, 18:39

zhovtyak1441Дата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 22:26 | Сообщение # 9
Лейтенант

It's easier for me to work on tight deadlines. A large amount of time is very relaxing and does not allow you to focus on the case. In a short period of time, you don't have time to lose the main idea and idea, so I like this format of work more.
But it is worth saying that this type of work is not the most effective and useful. My development teacher scolds me for this approach to hugs [?] and work, so I try very hard to change my attitude to work. It doesn't always work out yet, but it's already better than it was before.

corrected

It's easier for me to work on tight deadlines. A large amount of time is very relaxing and does not allow you to focus on the case. In a short period of time, you don't have time to lose the main idea, so I like this format of work more.
But it is worth saying that this type of work is not the most effective and useful. My development teacher scolds me for this approach to studying and work, so I try very hard to change my attitude to work. It doesn't always work out yet, but it's already better than it was before.

- I dont mind admitting that my FIRST IMPRESSION on seeing her was one of downright surprise.
- He can't mask the truth with his eyes and his BODY LANGUAGE.
- Before an application is released, they give it a TRIAL RUN.
- I'll be an IN-HOUSE counsel.
- It TAKES ON a new meaning.
- I'm just on leave, so they can't FILL MY POST.
- I didn't even know we had a TRAINEE probation worker.
- Could you TALK US THROUGH exactly what happened yesterday?
- We all perform better UNDER PRESSURE.
- You have a new SUPERVISOR starting today.

corrected

- I dont mind admitting that my FIRST IMPRESSION on seeing her was one of downright surprise.
- He can't mask the truth with his eyes and his BODY LANGUAGE.
- Before an application is released, they give it a TRIAL RUN.
- I'll be an IN-HOUSE counsel.
- It TAKES ON a new meaning.
- I'm just on leave, so they can't FILL MY POST.
- I didn't even know we had a TRAINEE probation worker.
- Could you TALK US THROUGH exactly what happened yesterday?
- We all perform better UNDER PRESSURE.
- You have a new SUPERVISOR starting today.

Сообщение отредактировал zhovtyak1441 - Пятница, 29.04.2022, 23:34

zhuravleva369Дата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 23:16 | Сообщение # 10
Лейтенант
If you have ever been to a job interview, describe your experience. What would you recommend to those who are going to their first job interview?

I have been to job interviews many times. I worked in an office as a manager-helper since I was 14 and until 18. Later I worked in a bank and tried to get a job as a director assistant. I can describe my interview for the position of a bank manager. I was a bit afraid before going there, however, I managed to cope with this fear. I knew that if I fail I still have many other opportunities to get a job. When I came to the office there were many people. There were about 15 people to get the same position. It made me tense a bit. As it appeared in the end, 80 percent of those people (including me) were hired. I thought that they need only one person, but they actually needed more. So, I would recommend always try to stay calm. You can't know what a company really wants. Just do your best and keep calm.

Would you rather have a lot of paid leave or a higher salary?

I would prefer to have a well-paid leave. I've chosen this option without even thinking. For me it is very important to have as many opportunities to travel as I can. I cannot travel while working, so having a well-paid leave is a very good idea. Of course, having a big salary can help me to travel with more comfort. But I don't think that comfort is the most important part of travelling. Moreover, money has never meant for me that much. I don't want to work with a little vacation and a big salary, because I will simply have nowhere to spend it.

Сообщение отредактировал zhuravleva369 - Воскресенье, 01.05.2022, 22:18

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 04 Job interviews
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024