Unit 26 Travel and accommodation - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 26 Travel and accommodation
Unit 26 Travel and accommodation
readeralexeyДата: Среда, 13.10.2021, 11:15 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Think about holidays you have had. How would you describe them? Then think about your perfect holiday. What words from this unit can you use to describe it?

What places you would definitely like to visit? What places you are unwilling to visit for this or that reason?

Describe the most convenient / comfortable / luxurious / exotic / memorable accommodation you have had while travelling. 

7109633Дата: Четверг, 04.11.2021, 15:34 | Сообщение # 2
Лейтенант
What places you would definitely like to visit?

I'd definitely like to go to Japan. This country has a well-preserved history and traditions which I find rather compelling and interesting to visit and to get acquainted with. There is a scheduled flight, but it goes only with a stopover on the way. And it is not a low-cost travel indeed. Also it may require some extras to be paid if you want to visit a few prefectures. But it will allow you to see a full range of Japanese peculiarities such as their modern cities with guest house or sea coasts with their chalets. But the most appealing are ryokans (Japanese inns) in traditional Japanese style with futons (matrasses laid on the floor on which you can sleep) and kimonos. In some places such inns are connected with hot springs and going there is a classic way of a good rest for Japanese people. So one day I wish to go there but actually only one trip won't be enough to see all I want.

AUDIO

What places you are unwilling to visit for this or that reason?

For 100% I'm unwilling to visit Australia and I believe that everyone can enumerate the reasons which are mostly the animals that inhabit that country.

Also I'm not really willing to go to USA. I know that many people want to go there, as well as to England. But truth be told it is not like I have some places to visit there. And on the whole the mentality of English-speaking countries is not my kind of mentality.

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Четверг, 25.11.2021, 17:58

readeralexeyДата: Пятница, 05.11.2021, 13:29 | Сообщение # 3
Генерал-майор
Цитата 7109633 ()
For 100% I'm unwilling to visit Australia and I believe that everyone can enumerate the reasons which are mostly the animals that inhabit that country.

Катя, what's wrong about Australian animals?

zhuravleva369Дата: Пятница, 05.11.2021, 16:02 | Сообщение # 4
Лейтенант

There are a lot of places I'd like to visit. The most preferable for me are Switzerland, Japan, France, England, Italy, and Spain. What I appreciate most in all my trips and journeys is comfort. That's why I always prefer scheduled flights to charter. And of course, I prefer package holidays so that I do not have to worry about looking for a suitable hotel or flight. I would like to stay at a comfortable hotel or a guest house when I visit European countries. Nevertheless, camping seems to me good option as well. I'd like to try it in some places at the USA.

I think my answer will be pretty obvious. I definitely don't want to visit Australia because of its insects and animals. North Korea also can not be named as a place where one can get away from it all. There're some countries with dangerous military conflicts or high crime rate which I also wouldn't like to visit.

Сообщение отредактировал zhuravleva369 - Пятница, 26.11.2021, 22:58

tukova0306Дата: Понедельник, 22.11.2021, 16:13 | Сообщение # 5
Лейтенант

I would definitely like to visit Africa. It's my childhood dream to be in a hot desert and spend some time among the local population. I would really like to get acquainted with the culture of this people and have an opportunity to talk to them. It's really important for me to understand them and find out how they live. Also, I've always dreamed of being on a desert island absolutely alone. So I would like to go to such a place.

I am unwilling to go to such countries as India, China. I do not know how to explain this, but since my childhood I have been scared of Chinese and Indian people. As long as I can remember, I have always been very tall, so when I meet Chinese people of short stature, I feel very uncomfortable. I think that if I go to China, I will be haunted by the feeling that I am a giant.

Holidays are the most pleasant time of the year. In order for the trip to be perfect, you need to think through every detail in advance. First of all, you need to take care of ACCOMMODATION during the journey.  You can choose to stay in a GUEST HOUSE or an INN or maybe you prefer an APARTMENT or CHALET. It doesn’t matter if it a  LUXURY hotel or just CAMPING, your task is just to GET AWAY FROM IT ALL and have HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME.  When you have booked your accommodation, you need to take care of the FLIGHT TICKETS. You can choose a SCHEDULED FLIGHT or a CHARTER FLIGHT. It depends on your financial capabilities. Train is another way of GETTING AROUND but it will take much longer than just a flight. But train travel allows you to relax and enjoy the view from the window of your CARRIAGE.  But if you really want to take a break, then you need to choose an ALL-INCLUSIVE holiday that includes your flight, accommodation and all meals.

Сообщение отредактировал tukova0306 - Понедельник, 02.05.2022, 15:06

7109633Дата: Четверг, 25.11.2021, 18:34 | Сообщение # 6
Лейтенант
Цитата readeralexey ()
Катя, what's wrong about Australian animals?
In short words there are plenty of spiders, snakes and just insects which make me petrify. Even though I'm trying not to get too far in my insectophobia, just seeing the photos from Australia is awful for me. There is an article with a bunch of photos (with snakes not really pleasant to see as they eat in them, but after these go all the spiders and insects): https://u.to/IndVGw
Of course, I know that it is not the only place in the world where such creatures can be found. Lots of those inhabit the Amazonian rainforests, India and so on. Australia has just become a representative of all similar places. But also animals there live really near to humans. That's why there are so many posts and pictures on the Internet from that very country.

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Среда, 01.12.2021, 18:42

dolysovacomДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 23:50 | Сообщение # 7
Лейтенант

Frankly, I wouldn’t like to visit China. I’m interested in Asian culture, but I’m intimidated by the fact that there are a lot of people in China and therefore there are many disadvantages there. So it is easy to catch a virus, for example. I know that people who have sensitive skin, like me, encounter the most problems. Irritation may appear on the body even because of water. It's really scares me.

Describe the most convenient / comfortable/ luxurious / exotic / memorable accommodation you have had while travelling.

When our family came to Italy by car to visit our sister, we had the most comfortable and memorable accommodation. Her friend's family gave us a whole two-storey house on the seashore. And of course we didn’t have to pay the rent. It was the most convenient house for our big family. Almost each person had his/her own room, which we didn’t have at our home.

The most memorable holidays I’ve had was just before the pandemic, when my friend and I flew to Thailand. We got there by air on a SCHEDULED ECONOMY CLASS FLIGHT. It was my first experience when I flew on a large comfortable plane. It wasn’t an ALL-INCLUSIVE holiday, it only included our flight and ACCOMMODATION. Anyway it was truly the HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME.

Сообщение отредактировал dolysovacom - Суббота, 09.04.2022, 13:13

valpet251Дата: Среда, 16.03.2022, 08:38 | Сообщение # 8
Лейтенант
Describe the most memorable accommodation you have had while travelling.

The most memorable accommodation was in Kamchatka and I believe it was the most memorable just because it was Kamchatka. There was nothing really special about the house where we lived, we actually changed the places, but the surroundings and the atmosphere made that accommodation super memorable and exotic, I believe. First we stayed at some tourist camp in the mountains.  We drove huge SUVs there, we flew by helicopter because it is the only way to get to many places, we rode ATVs in the mountains, we walked on geysers, we saw huge volcanoes from a helicopter, and saw bears very close to us. For a few days we went fishing in the wilderness of the forest, where there is no network and where bears walk. We lived in chalets there, it was a fishing compound and there were only mu family and our friends. We lived in different houses, there are guns in every house. Of course, there are booths with dogs around the entire diameter of the compound which guard against bears. And the hosts somehow guard us. Of course it was scary. When we went fishing, we saw fresh footprints of bears on the shore.

Almost all people like traveling. There are different ways to travel. If you travel by air you can choose A SCHEDULED FLIGHT. Classes are different, you can choose depending on your means. There are FIRST, BUSINESS or ECONOMY classes. The AIRLINES are also different, there are LOW-COST, BUDGET airlines and more expensive. Or you can choose A CHARTER FLIGHT. You should be careful and know if an airline has its own RESTRICTIONS and be aware about NON-REFUNDABLE tickets. Also some people like to take PACKAGE holidays or ALL-INCLUSIVE holidays. I know a person who has an aerophobia and so he usually travels on a FERRY and GOES ON A CRUISE. He likes taking a DELUXE cabin on the UPPER DECK. For him luxury cruise in the HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME.

Сообщение отредактировал valpet251 - Пятница, 29.04.2022, 00:03

salomiagudovaДата: Воскресенье, 20.03.2022, 20:42 | Сообщение # 9
Подполковник

One of the places that I would definitely like to visit is South Korea. I became interested in Korean culture about four years ago and since then it has been my dream to visit this country. I like that Korea is a hilly country. Its nature is beautiful and the climate gives you the best of each season with rather short winter which is great. In warmer periods of time you can go to the seaside and enjoy freshly caught sea food. And talking about food, I’ve never tasted any but it looks just delicious and not just “normal” food but street food as well. Korean culture is so rich and well preserved. And the Korean language is one of the few languages that I’m interested in learning (the first, of course, is English, but Korean is easily the second and I actually studied it for a bit and I hope to return to it one day). It’s a dream of mine to study or just live for some time in Korea. But I wouldn’t want to move to Korea permanently as I think that Korean mentality is too different from ours and I wouldn’t want to change my worldview so radically.

Сообщение отредактировал salomiagudova - Пятница, 29.04.2022, 16:05

danil_naydenovДата: Пятница, 08.04.2022, 21:20 | Сообщение # 10
Лейтенант
I usually take ECONOMY class ROUTE, so no CHARTER FLIGHTS. In fact, I prefer DIRECT TRAINS, but CHANGE TRAINS are also fine, because thus you can really feel your way without being detached from the world. I’ve never had a CROSSING or a CRUISE, but I imagine I wouldn’t like it much since I get anxious even when I just think of being in the middle of a sea or an ocean. Also, I’ve never had a PACKAGE HOLIDAY, I prefer to keep track of my expenses personally. When all the TRANSFERS are over, I prefer to GET AROUND via public transport, because I don’t want to be just a tourist. For me it’s important to have a feel of the real life there. It’s hard to tell what my HOLIDAY OF A LIFETIME would be, but I’d certainly love to visit some once-in-a-lifetime exhibitions, performances or concerts. For example, to come to another country to get to a concert of my favourite music band sounds like a great opportunity to have a really unique and memorable holiday. Not even the most luxurious ALL-INCLUSIVE holiday offering FULL BOARD will ever give you such emotions.

Сообщение отредактировал danil_naydenov - Пятница, 08.04.2022, 21:20

zhovtyak1441Дата: Пятница, 08.04.2022, 22:11 | Сообщение # 11
Лейтенант
Describe the most convenient / comfortable / luxurious / exotic / memorable accommodation you have had while travelling

I would like to tell about the most memorable accommodation I have ever had. My parents love traveling a lot. It could be other countries or different parts of Russia but most of all we like to make small trips in the Moscow region. The most adorable place for me is a little town Serpukhov. There is a great river Oka so we like to pitch tents and stay overnight on the river bank. For someone such an overnight stay may seem rather exotic but for me it's the most memorable. Just imagine a warm night, a riverbank, a bonfire, guitar songs, a sky strewn with stars. And after a joyful day you lie down on a soft mattress in a cool tent and instantly fall asleep.

corrected

I would like to tell about the most memorable accommodation I have ever had. My parents love traveling a lot. It could be other countries or different parts of Russia but most of all we like to make small trips in the Moscow region. The most adorable place for me is a little town Serpukhov. There is a great river Oka so we like to pitch tents and stay overnight on the river bank. For someone such an overnight stay may seem rather exotic but for me it's the most memorable. Just imagine a warm night, a riverbank, a bonfire, guitar songs, a sky strewn with stars. And after a joyful day you lie down on a soft mattress in a cool tent and instantly fall asleep.

I like traveling and the atmosphere of adventures. It starts from an the airport and a the FLIGHT. It could be SCHEDULED or a CHARTER flight. Some people like to book a PACKAGE hold [?] so they can relax and forget about any problems. I'm an airports lover but some prefer to travel on a FERRY or by train. And some people also like CAMPING instead go living in an ALL-INCLUSIVE hotel. Others can have a SELF-CATERING weekends and stay in a CHALET.

corrected

I like traveling and the atmosphere of adventures. It starts from the airport and  the FLIGHT. It could be SCHEDULED or a CHARTER flight. Some people like to book a PACKAGE hold so they can relax and forget about any problems. I'm an airports lover but some prefer to travel on a FERRY or by train. And some people also like CAMPING instead go living in an ALL-INCLUSIVE hotel. Others can have a SELF-CATERING weekends and stay in a CHALET.

Сообщение отредактировал zhovtyak1441 - Пятница, 29.04.2022, 23:30

bondarenkodv7Дата: Суббота, 09.04.2022, 22:24 | Сообщение # 12
Лейтенант
My coworker, who often has to go on business trips with me, always finds something to complain about even in the most DELUXE travelling conditions. If we’re flying in the ECONOMY CLASS, the seats are too narrow and uncomfortable for him; if we go with FIRST CLASS instead, he suddenly develops an aversion to this particular AIRLINE and keeps grumbling that he’d rather have a paycheck rise than more expensive flights. He calls flights with a STOPOVER a giant waste of time, and on direct flights he’s annoyed that he can’t even get a proper sleep. And as soon as he hears about bad weather (no matter how mild) in the flight day, he starts rambling about CANCELLATION FEES that are way too high. He doesn’t like trains either, since they’re slower, and crowded, and CHANGING TRAINS is extremely inconvenient, and train stations are always in the middle of nowhere. When we have to use a FERRY, he says he’d get sea sick, although he never does on any other type of transport, and of course our CABIN is too small and crammed even if it’s one of the larger ones on the UPPER DECK. When we decide to GET AROUND by car, he can’t stop talking about how we overpaid for all those EXTRAS and how our UNLIMITED MILEAGE plan is a waste of money too because we’ll probably break down in the next hour. And when we finally get to our place of ACCOMODATION, he immediately begins telling us that we should have chosen something else. If it’s a HOTEL, there’s basically no space; if it’s an APARTMENT, it’s inconvenient to get to and from; if it offers FULL BOARD, it’s a waste of money as we won’t eat all that; if it offers HALF BOARD, we wouldn’t even get a normal meal so it’s horrible too.

Daniil Bondarenko

Сообщение отредактировал bondarenkodv7 - Пятница, 29.04.2022, 16:20

alekssander-com29Дата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 14:21 | Сообщение # 13
Подполковник
About five years ago my family and I worked here in Moscow. We worked almost the whole summer and decided to spend the money we`d earned on a vacation in Crimea. We bought plane tickets to Anapa. But, there was an issue, it was a scheduled flight and the plane was departing at 3 am on the same day when we needed to finish our work. And it was an awful day: it was cold and rainy (we worked outside). So, as we finished our work we were absolutely exhausted. In such condition we were packing our bags.
But when we finally reached our destination I understood that all the difficulties were worth it. It was an incredible vacation largely due to the issues we`d faced.

Сообщение отредактировал alekssander-com29 - Суббота, 30.04.2022, 22:05

7109633Дата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 19:21 | Сообщение # 14
Лейтенант

Nowadays travelling has become quite difficult for all the people both in Europe and Russia.
If we have neither SCHEDULED FLIGHTS nor CHARTER FLIGHTS as our planes are
forbidden to go to most places, in Europe they have problems with petrol which
put in danger many vacations, especially with NON-REFUNDABLE reservations. For
them it is common to use cars to GET AROUND, but now cars with UNLIMITED
MILEAGE won’t be a win-win. No cheap CAMPING, you cannot COME AND GO AS YOU PLEASE. Because it will cost you much. So even trying to GET AWAY FROM IT ALL you again face the current world troubles.

Шебалкина Е.И.

Сообщение отредактировал 7109633 - Суббота, 30.04.2022, 16:01

lopatinavarvaraДата: Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 23:49 | Сообщение # 15
Лейтенант
What places you would definitely like to visit? What places you are unwilling to visit for this or that reason?

My dream since childhood is to travel the world. I've always dreamed of visiting Europe, America, Australia, Africa. Now the situation in the world is such that it will be difficult to realize this dream, but I will do my best to see other countries. My biggest dream is the USA. I want to take a car and travel around this country by car. I want to swim in the Pacific and Atlantic Oceans, see the Grand Canyon, Time Square with my own eyes, and chat with Americans. As for the places I would not like to visit - nothing comes to my mind. Of course, I wouldn't want to go to dangerous places where I could be killed.

In 2013, I flew to Egypt with my parents. We traveled there BY AIR. We had a CHARTER flight. It was an ALL-INCLUSIVE and a PACKAGE VACATION. We had INCLUDED ACCOMMODATION and TRANSFERS to and from the hotel. I hope soon we can afford a CRUISE TRIP.

Сообщение отредактировал lopatinavarvara - Воскресенье, 10.04.2022, 23:59

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 26 Travel and accommodation
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024