Форум »
Общая лексика »
EVU Advanced »
»
Unit 23 Food: a recipe for disaster

Это форум для учебной работы в вузе.
Участие сторонних пользователей не предусмотрено.

Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 03:54
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 23 Food: a recipe for disaster - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 23 Food: a recipe for disaster
Unit 23 Food: a recipe for disaster
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 01.10.2023, 12:29 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
What food you eat regularly you consider wholesome?

Do you ever read fine print nutrition labels and additives information? Why / why not?

How often do you eat unprocessed wholefoods? Free-range eggs? Is there a difference?

Are you allergic to any food? Has it been changing over the years?

Do you often eat convenience foods? How wholesome is it? Can you recommend any brand / type of food?

Are there any vegetarians or vegans among your friends? If yes, do you know if their dietary preferences are due to their concern about their own health, about animal welfare or some other reason?

Are you concerned about fair trade? If yes, how does it affect your consumer behaviour?

Have you ever followed a recipe for disaster? What were the ingredients?

Did you ever have to cook up a story?

Have you ever stewed in your own juice? Made somebody stew in their own juice?

Have you ever been grilled or grilled somebody?

What has been your cup of tea at the university?

Have you ever tried to fulfill a plan that proved to be half-baked? What was the outcome?

If you tutor somebody, what do you do to spice up your lessons?

Have you ever been in a relationship that turned sour? (It can be friendship or business partnership, by the way.) What were the reasons? Do you think it can still be mended?

Have you ever found yourself in a company with unsavoury characters? What were the circumstances? Was it difficult to withdraw?

Do you remember any piece of juicy gossip that played a role in a work of fiction?

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 02.10.2023, 22:23 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
I like healthy food, because it provides me with energy and necessary micro elements. I like eating fruits such as apples, peaches, nectarines. Moreover sometimes I feel that I need to eat something very wholesome, like lemon or ginger, so I do it.
More than that, I try to eat liver, it is rich with ferrum, which is necessary for the immune system.

WHOLEFOOD is WHOLESOME. There are no ADDITIVES. So eating such food is a RECIPE FOR being strong and full of energy.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Понедельник, 22.04.2024, 20:34

tsvioletta17Дата: Среда, 04.10.2023, 15:01 | Сообщение # 3
Подполковник

I have been allergic since childhood. I was allergic to sweets, fish, eggs, citrus (if I ate a little more than I was allowed), to spring blooms.... As I think over the years it's all gone away for the most part. The only thing I'm still allergic to is sweets. I've had a sweet tooth since I was a kid and have always eaten many sweets.

Last winter I just woke up one day and thought, "I eat so many candies, what if I didn't eat at all. Since then I don't eat white sugar, I can have a sweet coffee or an occasional soda (which is hard for me to give up, but knowing myself I could do that too). I gave up sugar, but that doesn't mean I don't eat sweets. I buy myself sugary treats and I like it a lot better. My appetite has decreased, my skin and body have been feeling better. In January it will be a year since I've been living like this and I don't plan to stop and try to cleanse my body of all sugar altogether.

Back to the topic of allergies, I want to add some more words about it. I have also had a terrible allergy to honey since childhood. God has designed the human body in such a way that if something is unhealthy for a person, he often dislikes it. So it happened to me, I hate honey, even the smell of it. It is the same with cow's milk, I can't stand the taste or smell of milk.

Are there any vegetarians or vegans among your friends? If yes, do you know if their dietary preferences are due to their concern about their own health, about animal welfare or some other reason?

I have a charming friend who doesn't eat meat. She is even more of a vegan, she also doesn't eat dairy or fish. Her main diet is vegetables, fruits, soups, beans and sometimes cereals. To be honest, she once told me the story of how her vegetarianism and veganism started, but I don't remember the whole story. But I do remember that one day she was inspired by someone and tried not to eat meat. She looks healthy, her body is toned. I admire such strong people who can give up pizza 4 cheese or sausages.

A human being is a maximally flexible creature. I think I would like to try such a diet someday and see how my body reacts to such experiments.

1. She is a real party star, she always SPICES UP every party!
2. He is a sincere one, so to COOK UP THE STORY was really hard for him.
3. I would like to try eating only WHOLESOME food, I find it difficult, but a healthy way.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Четверг, 25.04.2024, 17:46

marichernaya911Дата: Среда, 04.10.2023, 21:07 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник

One of my friends is a vegan. She eats no milk, no fish and meat, no eggs and even no honey, because it is produced by bees - animals.

I know that she is allergic to milk products. And in the rest the reason why is she vegan is love for nature and animal welfare.

What surprises me is that she is fabulously physically healthy and never suffers lack of nutrients. That is because her diet is wholesome and has all ingredients for good health: all necessary nutritions are involved in her diet. She eats enough soya and different beans, so she has enough protein that substitute proteins in animal products. And generally all her diet is very healthy as it involves a lot of fruits and vegetables.

--
Determination to solve your problems yourselves by yourself has all the ingredients of at least nervous overstrain or even depression. Thinking through all the perspectives of this or that of your choice is just stewing in your own juice. I am pretty sure that acking asking someone you trust for a piece of advise advice someone you trust is a recipe for calmness and harmony. Its It's basically my cup of tea.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Понедельник, 05.02.2024, 21:53

amasaltsevaДата: Четверг, 05.10.2023, 11:45 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник

When I was a kid, I used to be allergic to cow protein. That meant I couldn’t eat any milk products. It was a disaster. Even a little bit of milk would have caused a strong allergic reaction. I’m not that allergic now, or to be more concrete, I’m no more allergic to cow protein. But still, there is an outcome: I can’t stand sour cream, kefir, ayran or pure milk. Funny it is, I drink milk or cream in coffee and do love curd.

When I think of childhood years allergy, I would remember a peculiar story. Once my parents bought ice-cream in McDonalds, to eat themselves, of course, and were distracted. With no hesitations, I tried it. And... nothing happened. The moral is: there is no milk in McDonalds’ ice-cream, you can eat it during the fast.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Четверг, 05.10.2023, 11:46

sensualpie111Дата: Четверг, 05.10.2023, 13:45 | Сообщение # 6
Подполковник
How often do you eat unprocessed wholefoods? Free-range eggs? Is there a difference?

I eat unprocessed wholefoods quite often, but it's worth noting that this is not the case when I live in student accommodation. I often cook at home using natural ingredients that my grandparents or dad grew in their garden. By the way, it’s apple season and literally every week my grandmother supplies me with an unimaginable amount of apples that I physically don’t have time to eat before they start to spoil. A similar situation occurs with other products we grow, so we often make jams, compotes and juices using only traditional options as preservatives, such as heat treatment, salt, etc.
My dad also keeps chickens and rabbits, but he cares about animal welfare and never uses battery farming. So I think I mostly cook with free range eggs.
As for taste, in my experience, some types of home-grown products have a striking difference from those sold in the store. I think you will agree that sometimes tomatoes from the store don’t even smell like tomatoes, they don’t smell like anything, while the smell of tomatoes grown in your greenhouse can be smelled from another room when they are being cooked in the kitchen. However, potatoes and carrots in the store are always larger and do not differ much in taste.

Para Julia

sasavasl15Дата: Пятница, 06.10.2023, 00:52 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник

Among my friends there are several people who are vegetarians. Since I don't consider myself a vegetarian or vegan, I've always wondered what makes people change their choice in favor of one way or another.
Most of them made such a choice at a more conscious age.

This was often influenced by watching films showing cruel and inhuman treatment of animals. And the realization of the fact that they eat and enjoy, while millions of animals suffer every day, forced them to abandon such a taste habit.

Also, this position carries the idea that if most people start to give up meat, milk, eggs, then the profits that large corporations receive will begin to decrease. And this, in turn, can help to stop the monstrous attitude towards animals in such places.

Another very small percentage of people who had a farm with animals consider animals to be their pets, even family. And to watch a creature that you perceived as a friend being killed and then used for food is unbearable. So this concept also led me to the idea of vegetarianism.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Среда, 24.04.2024, 18:51

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Advanced » Unit 23 Food: a recipe for disaster
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024