[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 091 Expressions with get
Unit 091 Expressions with get
readeralexeyДата: Понедельник, 18.04.2022, 22:12 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
What would you be glad to get rid of?

What do you find it very hard to get down to?

Is there anything that is really getting you down?

Do you ever get a meal for your family?

If you don't get something - do you usually ask questions?

Is there anything that really gets you at university?

What do you think is the best way to get ideas / information across to people?

Was it easy for you to get into university?

Do you tend to get behind with your tasks?

Is there anything you wish you could get out of?

Is there anything you find it hard to get round to?

What is the most memorable thing you got up to as a child?

tsumskaa30Дата: Пятница, 06.05.2022, 14:10 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
What is the most memorable thing you got up to as a child?

To start with, I always was an obedient, shy child. It was really hard for me to GET TO KNOW new friends. All the society GOT me DOWN, I hated public places such as nursery, polyclinic and so on.

But I demonstrated quite the opposite behaviour at home when I returned from the kindergarten. I immediately became cheerful, open-hearted, active. I GOT RID OF the nice pigtails that my mother plaited me in the morning. I couldn’t GET ON without jumping all the time.

I have an elder brother, 9 years older than me. That is, when I was 5, he was 14. Imagine the situation: I make merry, run from room to room. My brother tries to concentrate, to immerse into his studies. And now I start repeating one and the same phrase non stop: “Dima, study physics, Dima, study physics”. This really GOT my brother at times.

Moreover, I liked to paint something beautiful in his school copy-books and I just couldn’t GET IT why it was so wrong.

My parents never punished me seriously because I actually was a nice girl. But I heard that some mothers made their naughty children stand in the corner. I was curious and desired to GET THROUGH it by my own. I used to ask my mother to force me to do it and when, finally, I made a decision to punish myself I was so cheerful that I stand in the corner.

To conclude, I suppose that children may GET UP TO something extraordinary that adults just can’t understand because they are adults, and we should appreciate our little ones for being so original.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Вторник, 26.07.2022, 18:27

abalakinan27Дата: Среда, 11.05.2022, 19:42 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник

I find it really difficult to GET DOWN TO some educational undesirable stuff. For example, writing my course paper. Even the idea of it GETS ME DOWN. Every time I write it I'm not sure about bringing it off. Sitting at your desk, thinking thoroughly and writing something takes prudence, concentration and self-discipline. The process itself depends on your meticulousness. The clue for not GETTING BEHIND the schedule is setting goals and achieving them in advance. It can be protracted but using this tip you will easily GET ON. I know that I can get benefits just staring now not being in a hurry, trying to be on time, and doing everything at breakneck speed.

It's impossible to succeed without these matters.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Среда, 24.08.2022, 16:11

vernik04Дата: Четверг, 19.05.2022, 11:39 | Сообщение # 4
Подполковник

I wouldn’t say that it was easy for me to GET INTO university. There were only two free places to the faculty I wanted to enroll in. This fact GOT me DOWN and got on my nerves. I didn’t GET why there are so few free places and how I was going to GET INTO. However, then I found out that there was a grant programme. I had to write a motivational letter why they had to accept me. Apparently, it wasn’t difficult to GET my point of view ACROSS to the committee which decided who would GET the grants. I GOT THROUGH university admission. And with my happiness from entering university I even GOT OFF TO A GOOD START with studying.

Сообщение отредактировал vernik04 - Пятница, 17.06.2022, 14:01

katyadorniakДата: Четверг, 26.05.2022, 11:03 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник

Honestly, I wish I could GET RID OF those complexes that keep me silent when I don't understand something. Because of my silence, I can't GET INTO a lot of things that, in fact, I need to understand - the subjects I study, and also to understand the thoughts that people are trying to GET ACROSS.

Somehow, I GET BY it, but the feeling of incompleteness really GETS me. I'm silent because I'm afraid of GETTING ON people's NERVES, and then I can't GET OFF the thought that I'm annoying everyone with my ignorance. This one really GETS ME DOWN.

Sooner or later I really should GET OVER it and start asking questions.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

Сообщение отредактировал katyadorniak - Пятница, 27.05.2022, 21:41

posternaksophieДата: Вторник, 07.06.2022, 11:48 | Сообщение # 6
Подполковник

I'd definitelly definitely be over the top if I could GET RID OF my procrastination. I tend to GET BEHIND with the tasks, particularly during the period of the session. I'd like to GET ON with all my debts missed assignments and manage to do everyting everything on time. When I GET ROUND to doing my debts, missed assignments suddenly a huge number of things turn up. I realise that I haven't tidied in my drawers for a long time and so on. The house is all shining, but my coursepaper is still not ready!

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Среда, 15.06.2022, 17:03

antonryadinskiДата: Вторник, 07.06.2022, 18:35 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник

I find it difficult TO GET DOWN to my homework. I GET TERRIBLY BEHIND WITH my time. I always GET OUT of a responsibility. But in the last two months of my study, I am GETTING ON well with my tasks. I never let myself GET DOWN and try to GET AT a positive side. I think about the rest after all my exams, so I can GET OVER after.

It GETS me DOWN when I’m ill, because I GET DOWN TO my health. I am always afraid that the illness will GET ON. I try to GET OVER from it as fast as I can. I always take medicine and GET A HOT DINNER, for example a hot soup. And I am really GETTING BETTER and I GET THROUGH the illness.

Отредактировано

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Четверг, 16.06.2022, 10:51

tsvioletta17Дата: Понедельник, 26.09.2022, 17:39 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник

Well, this question caught my attention. I really like talking about this. I can't understand people who are afraid to ask questions if they are confused. From my point of view, it is better to ask then to make a mistake. I am not afraid to look silly and always clarify if I didn't get something, its not awkward to me.

Sometimes I don't keep up with something and it's very annoying for me. I find it hard to get around to keep calm at these moments. I try to do my best and don't give up.

Autumn really affects me and is getting me down.
2. She had a wonderful vibe whic
h seemed to GET ROUND her.
3. We met him at a GET-TOGETHER.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Понедельник, 29.04.2024, 18:53

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 26.09.2022, 19:31 | Сообщение # 9
Полковник

I would like to get rid of the fear that something will not work out for me. I am an easy-going person, I often get carried away with various new ideas. I'll start with the fact that in middle school I picked up my dad's camera and started shooting. At first I photographed everything in a row, then I met a blogger girl on the Internet who mastered various shooting. And I also wanted to start doing something similar. This girl became my first "model". I arranged photo shoots for her and was endlessly happy with the process and the result. The word "photographer" settled in the description of my Instagram profile. One day my brother mentioned that I am one of the few people who have the ability to see beauty where many do not even notice it closely. Of course, these words flattered my ego, and in fact he was right. I began to develop my sight-seeing in order to pump up the skill of noticing the beautiful and worthwhile.

But at some point I put down the camera and stopped "creating". Some time passed and I thought about resuming filming. I have friends who work in the field of fashion, and, as you know, this area is closely related to photography, since there is a need to capture different images on models so that the world can "see" them. Suddenly, I had a desire to take a serious approach to the portfolio, so that my creativity would later be attached to my resume. It would seem that the work plan is built. But then I ran into a problem that I still can't solve: fear. The fear that I am not needed, in the sense that there are people who are a hundred times better than me, more active, more creative. Talented people whose creativity is truly unique. Stupor, misunderstanding, disappointment in myself. These factors knocked me off my feet.

What I have at the moment: a professional camera, shooting experience, desire, but fear interrupts everything. And now my goal is to erase from my head all those thoughts that do not allow me to finally get down to business. We often hear the phrase "the main thing is to start". But it is much easier said than done. The main thing that keeps me afloat is the support of my loved ones, thanks to which I think more and more often that I need to finally take everything into my own hands, because I know that I have absolutely everything to achieve my goal. It remains only to gather courage, overcome your fear and start.

Добавлено (26.09.2022, 19:42)
---------------------------------------------
1.The fear of starting to do something new GETS me all the time. 2.But the support of my loved ones helps me a lot and pushes me to think that I can GET TO do everything to achieve my aim. 3. Not so long ago I GOT TO KNOW a wonderful girl with whom we talked about how to stop being afraid of everything and take your life into your own hands. 

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Воскресенье, 18.12.2022, 00:27

marichernaya911Дата: Суббота, 01.10.2022, 13:59 | Сообщение # 10
Полковник

Since my 10th grade at school I was dreaming about getting into PSTGU. Before that I wanted to enter Saint-Petersburg State University, but I couldn’t find confidence in my heart about this decision and was looking for some other universities. Finally, I came up with the idea of getting into PSTGU and my heart got the idea with happy feeling. So, I started preparing for my exams.

I was doing all my best to prepare ideally for getting best marks and then free studying. My only goal for last two years of my school years was that. Finally, I got to pass my exams and got highest marks for two of three of my exams! And then I easily got into the university and my dream came true!

Timothy was not the best student in his class and often GOT BEHIND WITH his homeworks. But when he fell in love, he GOT DOWN TO his studies and started GETTING ON and ON. And finally he GOT THROUGH all the obstacles and GOT AT the love of the girl of his dreams, an excellent pupil.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Вторник, 20.12.2022, 00:09

amasaltsevaДата: Понедельник, 03.10.2022, 23:40 | Сообщение # 11
Полковник

Unfortunately, there are loads of things I’m eager to GET ROUND TO. For example, I have a great list of books, podcasts, and movies I want to handle. The problem is that the list is getting bigger and bigger disproportionately with me getting through its components. Sometimes it GETS ME DOWN. There are several reasons for it. Well, for instance, I can’t GET RID OF the feeling I’m not clever and erudite and educated enough. That makes me think of myself as a dilettante in all possible spheres, even in the one I’m studying. I’m lost in this boundless world of knowledge which I will never possess. Sometimes I believe my attempt to be futile and excuse my passivity and inability to read and watch everything I want to. Another possible excuse is lack of time and my limited capabilities: sometimes I get too tired and can’t do anything but lie down and relax. Hope I will somehow GET TO find power to achieve my dream. And I would say the situation has become better recently.

------------------------------
Yesterday I tried to GET DINNER to my friend. I was doing my best but didn't GET it ON. Laugh if you will, but that GOT me DOWN. I tried once again and, good grief, GOT BEHIND WITH cooking for the second time that day. It was especially hurtful, for I have always been GETTING THROUGH all the breakfasts, dinners and lunches I have ever done before.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Вторник, 23.04.2024, 19:56

sasavasl15Дата: Вторник, 04.10.2022, 02:49 | Сообщение # 12
Полковник

Unfortunately or fortunately, but getting into university was not an easy moment in my life. The concept of going to university right after leaving school is not close to me. It seems to me that many teenagers have difficulty defining themselves, their desires and goals. And if you add to this the fact that society imposes on you the idea of obligatory entering the university immediately after leaving school does not make this picture more fun. I do not deny the fact that there are people who know what they want, and this helps them to take more confident steps, but there is also a significant number of those who have difficulties in determining their future.

For me, going to university has become a very stressful situation. Even now the memories of it  are getting me down. Everything got off to a bad start. Due to certain circumstances, I got behind with my exams, and for some time it became difficult for me to believe in myself and my abilities, got out of bed on the wrong side all the time and I lost any motivation to get into somewhere. Also, at that point, the anxiety of parents was added, which did not help to cope with stress, and only aggravated the matter. Also, the realization that initially I definitely do not get on the budget played its role for the worse. Therefore, when I was on the lists and when I saw the long-awaited letter of enrollment in the mail, I was incredibly relieved that this period was finally over.

--------------------------

We have to GET TOGETHER. Who do we know who GETS RID OF bodies? I just wanted to GET MY OWN BACK. The trip GOT OFF TO A GOOD START.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Пятница, 26.04.2024, 16:09

sensualpie111Дата: Вторник, 04.10.2022, 09:34 | Сообщение # 13
Подполковник
Do you ever get a meal for your family?

Now I almost always GET A MEAL for my family when I am home. It started when I was 13 because my mother worked from 9 am to 6 pm and spent a lot of time on commuting. She tried to cook for me and my sister every day, but she just did not have time to do it that often. So, when I noticed that this situation GOT HER DOWN I decided to not GET OUT OF taking care of my sister and began cook for us. My cooking GOT OFF TO A GOOD START almost straightaway. Moreover, I shared this idea of helping our mother with my younger sister and she GOT IT at once. She started trying to wash dishes and keep the apartment clean on her own and soon GOT ON with it.

Para Julia

Сообщение отредактировал sensualpie111 - Вторник, 04.10.2022, 09:37

yarovaya02Дата: Вторник, 11.10.2022, 09:45 | Сообщение # 14
Полковник
What is the most memorable thing a person gets as a child?

In my opinion, a life of a child is at the same full of joyful, happy things, such as exploring the world, being almost always in a loving family, and sad events, for example realizing that there’s injustice and woe in the world. Watching the poor, the weak and the unprotected, a child tries to put together all what he/she has seen. A childlike heart wants to beat with happiness, but seeing sufferings, it fades. But as time goes on, a child perceives that helping those who need it doesn’t make you half upset or disturbed, on the contrary, it fills your life with a new joy, joy of having supported and helped someone.

Thus, I’d like to say that the most memorable thing a person gets on as a child is deeds of mercy, kindness and love, although the very child is vulnerable and unprotected himself.

She has GOT A MEAL for a whole family. I would like to GET RID OF this bad behavior. She has GOT good marks, so she will definitely GET INTO the university.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Вторник, 23.04.2024, 12:42

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 091 Expressions with get
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024