Unit 074 Compound adjectives - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 074 Compound adjectives
Unit 074 Compound adjectives
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 02.04.2022, 15:24 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Which of the adjectives from this unit could you use to describe yourself, your classmates, celebrities or public figures, your friends or members of your family?

tsvioletta17Дата: Понедельник, 04.04.2022, 22:46 | Сообщение # 2
Подполковник
I love exploring the appearance of people, to notice trifles and spot the highlights. I especially like wavy-haired, rosy-cheeked and gray-eyed people, but in my opinion everyone is beautiful in their own way. I am short-haired, brown-eyed, long-legged and pale-skinned girl. Also I believe that I am warmhearted and not two-faced.

My mom and I are very different. She is short, blue-eyed, dark-haired and rosy-cheeked. But in some ways we are similar after all. We are big-eyed, thin-lipped and quick-witted. And both are good in our own way.

---

Louise is a slender, BLUE-EYED and LONG-LEGGED girl. But one day she saw enough of WORLD-FAMOUS movie stars and decided to go on a SUGAR-FREE diet. After some time, she realized that she looked very RUN-DOWN and stopped dieting.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:15

yarovaya02Дата: Вторник, 05.04.2022, 08:51 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник
A good friend of mine is straight-haired, narrow-shouldered and lovely-smiling. She is good-tempered, warm-hearted, quick-witted, tough-minded. She is not self-centered, two-faced, stuck up. She is a so-called friend, whom I can rely on.

---

-Hi, Kate, would you like a SUGAR-FREE chocolate?
-Hi, Lily! Oh, yes, thank you! Is it HANDMADE CHOCOLATE?
-Kind of. How are you doing?
-Recently I found a PART-TIME job. So now I am a tutor.
-Great, is it TIME-CONSUMING?
-No, it is OK, I enjoy it! How are you? How did you manage to pass all your exams?
-It was not easy, you know, I had just a LAST-MINUTE revision.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Воскресенье, 05.06.2022, 20:39

veronikachernykh15Дата: Вторник, 05.04.2022, 12:45 | Сообщение # 4
Майор
I am really fond of observing the appearance of people. I can unintentionally stare at strangers pointing out specific features of their outlook. And the most interesting appearance to me are those which differ from mine. I am personally long-haired, blue-eyed and short-legged.

I am very similar to my mother and sister. We together are blue-eyed, blond-haired and quite easy-going.

------------------------------------------
Once upon a time a WARM-HEARTED girl became a singer. She had to take part in TIME-CONSUMING concerts and TV shows. So she didn't have any time for friends and family and became BIG-HEADED. The career made her SELF-CENTERED  but WORLD-FAMOUS.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:06

marichernaya911Дата: Вторник, 05.04.2022, 18:03 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
I like psychology, so that's why I like analyzing people's character, mental condition and mood by their appearance. To tell the truth, most of the time I do it unwittingly, but even then notice some details.

Talking about the physical appearance
 I personally like black-haired, brown-eyed tall people. Interesting fact is that people with such characteristics often like blue-eyed, blond-haired and short people. And vice versa. People wearing long-sleeved shirts often shy, and ones wearing tight-fitting clothes are for certain very self-confident. Curious contradiction is that people having cold hands because of slow blood circulation, in my experience, are always warm-hearted and very calm, while people with rapid blood circulation are often anxious.

There is a lot of information hidden in person's appearance and behaviour.

---

In a shopping centre of a very BUILT-UP AREA there was a store with old, sometimes WORN-OUT, but extremely fashionable WORLD-FAMOUS brand clothes sold out as CUT-PRICE GOODS. Once, as a LAST-MINUTE piece of luck , you can find there some BRAND-NEW clothes. Then you may look as a WELL-OFF person having paid a quite small amount of money.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:24

amasaltsevaДата: Вторник, 05.04.2022, 23:01 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
A friend of mine can be described with a never-ending list of characteristics. I would better begin with her appearance. She is a very beautiful person: rosy-cheeked, long-legged, and curly-haired - all these epithets correlate to her loveliness. And she isn’t shy to emphasise her beauty with the help of clothes which can be found too outstanding sometimes. For instance, you can once see her wearing open-necked and tight-fitted dress. Turning to her personality, she is indeed a good-tempered, warm-hearted and an easy-going young woman. However, that’s not enough. My friend is quite big-headed and even self-centred and stuck-up. But I have found an explanation for this - she knows she is beautiful and that everyone admires her.

-----------
I have never found someone who would be more STUCK-UP, SELF-CENTRED and stupid than Peter. Yesterday he told his fellows that he would never become a friend or a boyfriend of a girl who doesn’t fit his parameters. She has to be BROWN-EYED, LONG-LEGGED, LONG- and WAVY-HAIRED, THIN-LIPPED and NARROW-SHOULDERED.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Воскресенье, 05.06.2022, 16:05

sasavasl15Дата: Суббота, 09.04.2022, 20:20 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
I would describe my sister as a person who is straight-haired who likes to wear brand-new and tight-fitting jeans.
She is absolutely not an ordinary person who often puts herself first and is a little big-headed, but at the same time she is very warm-hearted and quick-witted. My mom is very similar to my sister. Their appearance differs only in their hair. She is curly-haired, long-legged and good-tempered.

------------------------------------------------
It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining. A BLOND-HAIRED girl with dimples on her cheeks and SKY-BLUE eyes, dressed in OPEN-TOED sandals, was walking down the street.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Четверг, 09.06.2022, 12:23

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 11.04.2022, 14:53 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
I am an amateur photographer. And what I like most about the work of a photographer is the opportunity to see and shoot a lot of completely different and dissimilar people: rosy-cheeked, pale-skinned, thin-lipped, broad-shouldered. In addition to the fact that all people are different in appearance, everyone is distinct in character. Absent-minded, good-tempered, warm-hearted and quick-witted, two-faced, self-centred, there is a vast list of characteristics, but the main thing is not to forget that everyone is unique and it is not worth evaluating one in comparison with the other.

Добавлено (11.04.2022, 15:22)
---------------------------------------------
I consider myself an EASY-GOING and WARM-HEARTED person, and as proven, people are attracted to similar to them. Moreover, I like self-confident people who are not afraid to dress the way only they want, they can wear OPEN-NECKED shirt or OPEN-TOED SANDALS and feel absolutely comfortable and liberated. And as I like fashion and nice clothes, I like WELL-DRESSED people.

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 074 Compound adjectives
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024