не предусмотрено.

Вторник, 14.05.2024, 01:48
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 061 Time: connecting words and expressions - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 061 Time: connecting words and expressions
Unit 061 Time: connecting words and expressions
readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 26.02.2022, 16:11 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Describe events in one of the pictures using words and expressions from the unit.

(You can enlarge every picture by clicking it.)

Прикрепления: 9427913.jpg (124.2 Kb) · 4956873.jpg (236.3 Kb) · 5797713.jpg (106.6 Kb) · 8810044.jpg (243.4 Kb) · 3872887.jpg (695.6 Kb) · 7849592.jpg (37.7 Kb) · 2105380.jpg (119.9 Kb) · 9016823.jpg (139.7 Kb) · 0015760.jpg (178.7 Kb)

marichernaya911Дата: Понедельник, 28.02.2022, 11:38 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник

The problem of Fathers and Children is well known. Prior to becoming parents young people think they understand everything. However, as we can see in the pictures, that is not really true.

While being parents people face with controversies and misunderstandings dealing with their own children. They often don’t like their appearance, tastes in clothes, friends and interests. They argue with their sons and daughters, trying to persuade them and convert them to the right way. But it doesn’t help on that occasion. Children don’tunderstand their parents’ words and intentions when being youngsters nor do their parents understand theirs. This continues till the time they become parents themselves.

At a later stage, after they have become parents, they feel just the same their parents felt. This paradox is able to be solved. We, the youth, dream about, of course, being good and understanding parents. However, only God knows what parents would we be thereafter.

ONCE UPON A TIME there was a lady living in the City of Moscow. PREVIOUSLY she was nice, lovely and kind woman. But in the course of a few years of her life, full of trials and tribulations, she hardened. She had been crying for such a long time, and SUBSEQUENTLY became evil.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:18

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 28.02.2022, 21:32 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник

Sometimes I wonder that every stranger I meet on the street, at the train station, or anywhere else, lives his own separate life, has his own secrets and riddles, his own problems and joys. And this chance second meeting of ours with a stranger is the point of contact of our lives.

One place is the point of contact of many lives. Like the bench in this cartoon. First, we see an image of a homeless man waking up and subsequently this man is replaced by women with baby strollers. Throughout the day, the characters change each other, we see different stories: children play, elderly ladies gossip, and so on.

Eventually night falls, the bench is empty, waiting for the next day and new stories. Time goes by, people change, the bench is standing.

Добавлено (28.02.2022, 21:49)
---------------------------------------------
DURING my seventh year at school, I adored geography lessons. One day, our teacher showed us a website where you can see the current population of the world, how many people were born and how many died at THE VERY MOMENT. Several years have passed, but I still periodically visit this site and am amazed by the IMMEDIATE growth of numbers.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Вторник, 07.06.2022, 20:22

yarovaya02Дата: Вторник, 01.03.2022, 11:44 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
„-Robin, sit silent and wait here for me for a minute.“
„-Agu“-answered the baby.
At the very moment the mother left, the boy got out from the baby carriage and after that went on a trip. Prior to meeting a large bulldog, he wandered for some time. Having watched bright cars that are so different from his means of transport he explored a tunnel. Finally he found his baby automobile, which he had left earlier on and then mother came and they both, glad and satisfied, went home.

PRIOR TO coming to Moscow, I lived in Belgorod.
I met my friend today, ON THAT OCCASION she was so sunny and joyful!
DURING my summer holidays I biked and listened to music SIMULTANEOUSLY.

Сообщение отредактировал yarovaya02 - Воскресенье, 05.06.2022, 20:30

veronikachernykh15Дата: Вторник, 29.03.2022, 13:15 | Сообщение # 5
Майор

This picture represents the difference between people.

The first man read the book and got disappointed. We can see that this book touched him on a deep level and he will be overthinking it for a while. The second man found his own sense and the book seemed hilarious to him. The third one just didn't read this book at all.

So, I came to the conclusion, that there is no chance in the world that all people can be united by the one idea. This is Divine Providence. God made us free people with different lives, problems and paths. And that what makes us united - are the hardships and freedom.

-------------------------------------------------
THE MOMENT I realised that I entered the university I was on a cloud nine.
I appreciate listening to music and reading books SIMULTANEOUSLY
I studied in school PRIOR TO studying in Uni.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:09

amasaltsevaДата: Понедельник, 18.04.2022, 13:35 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
Yesterday I found a graduation album, a book consisting of some texts written by my ex-classmates. It made me think of “time”.

I graduated from school two years ago. These years swept by swiftly, leaving me at a loss, so now I’m staring at the number 2022 on the calendar in an amazement and a kind of disbelief. Two years have fleeted rapidly, incredibly fast. Someone will say that the idea of the impetuosity, swiftness of time is indecently banal. But actually, the fact that this idea is as old as time makes me love it even more. It unites me somehow with an unknown one, who, as I am, inhabits this sublunary world. We both may be a little bit scared realising we have moved from one season to another, then again, from April till December, from another rainy morning to another warm night. Again and again. Time is fleeting rapidly. My life two years ago now seems to be a parallel universe with lessons instead of lectures, with a dream to become an artist, with great trepidation before EGE and with classmates who wrote something in my graduation album. They wrote very touching entries, lovingly, emotionally. But these tender lines are dedicated to another person, with other thoughts and other experiences — seventeen-year-old me, not nineteen-year-old (different indeed; at this age, every year passes for ten). Those who wrote these tender lines, as well as the one to whom they were dedicated, no longer exist in reality, we-they remained on the pages. In every word, in an incorrectly placed comma, in an illegible handwriting.

-------
My grandpa told me that our ancestor came  from France. The story goes he appeared to be in Belarus DURING Napoleonic wars. He was wounded and ON THAT OCCASION stayed in one Belarusian house, there he met a lovely woman and fell in love with her THE VERY MOMENT he entered the house, THEREAFTER decided to stay there forever.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:09

sasavasl15Дата: Четверг, 26.05.2022, 16:46 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
For the description, I chose picture number 8.
It seemed to me quite entertaining, as it reflects the idea that all people have their own view of things and events.
In the picture we see people who read the same book, but experience different emotions during the reading.  One suffers from anxiety and excitement, at the very moment the other laughs, and the third immediately falls asleep from boredom.
Each of us has our own inner world, our own thoughts and feelings, which for some will be frightening and incomprehensible, for others simple and funny. Do not judge others just because they have a different opinion or feelings from us.

--------------
I told him an important thought PRIOR TO the performance. THROUGHOUT the speech, I felt her excitement. THEREAFTER, I realized that I shouldn't have done it.

Сообщение отредактировал sasavasl15 - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:18

tsvioletta17Дата: Суббота, 04.06.2022, 16:27 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник
A story about karma

picture 004

A certain Mr. Amrak, who probably held a high position, always smoked thick cigars (no thinner than his wallet) and wore a black striped jacket that clumsily concealed his belly the size of Africa.

Once he was terribly dissatisfied with something, his mood disappeared somewhere, evil words began to run out of him and he swore at his subordinate. So, Mr. Amrak himself, I don't know, launched a boomerang of evil, a chain reaction.

What happened next is easy to predict: his subordinate yelled at his secretary, she in turn took out her anger on poor Emily, her assistant. And then Emily's colleague Susie came under the hot hand. Susie kept her resentment to herself until the end of the working day, and when she left the office, another creature had already fallen under her "hot foot" — a homeless harmless puppy. The poor guy was so scared that he was looking at his eyes, and they looked at the little place of Mr. Amrak, who was languidly walking to his big car. Well! And so it happened. The boomerang of evil has returned to its creator. Sum up the results yourself.

1.    Thetwo happy events happened SIMULTANEOUSLY.
2.    ONTHE OCCASION, he was upset.
3.    Wewill be able to resolve this issue AT A LATER STAGE.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:11

readeralexeyДата: Суббота, 04.06.2022, 23:42 | Сообщение # 9
Генерал-майор
Цитата tsvioletta17 ()
And then Emily's colleague Susie came under the hot hand. Susie kept her resentment to herself until the end of the working day, and when she left the office, another creature had already fallen under her "hot foot"

In the picture "Susie" seems to be a bloke. )

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 061 Time: connecting words and expressions
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024