не предусмотрено.

Вторник, 14.05.2024, 07:59
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 037 The press and the media - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 037 The press and the media
Unit 037 The press and the media
readeralexeyДата: Пятница, 04.02.2022, 21:34 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
Which of the following types of programmes do you regularly watch (used to watch in the past) on TV or online:
talk show, documentary, cartoons, sitcom, game show, sports programme, news and weather forecast, current affairs, soap, detective drama?
Tell about those you find most interesting / useful. Do you have a favourite?

To what extent is mass media shaping your life / thinking?

Is your experience with media mostly watching, listening, or reading?

Of the English-language movies you watch online, what percentage do you watch with subtitles, and what percentage dubbed? What does your choice depend upon?

Are there commercials you have watched from beginning to end without jumping a channel or pressing the skip button? What was the most interesting / creative commercial you have seen? What was the oddest one?

What podcasts do you regularly listen to / watch?

Can you name British and / or American tabloids and quality papers? Have you heard them quoted / mentioned in the Russian media? In film or fiction? What was the context?

What was the last in-depth article you read? Where was it published? Did you find it useful?

Where was your favourite film shot? Where is it set?

Have you ever tweeted / posted in the social media information about yourself within minutes of the events? Why?

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 07.02.2022, 15:54 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
What podcasts do you regularly listen to / watch?

Frankly speaking, I like educational podcasts, which I both listen to and watch. I like them because the information which is given there is clear, detailed and well chosen. I like to listen to different podcasts especially during session time preparing for the exams.

Firstly I find channels on YouTube, subscribe to them and then having access to different podcasts I listen to them. I like listening to Tamara Eidelmann and to such programs as Arzamas and Ted Talk. I find them informative and useful.

Programs help to expand my knowledge, make it profound and deep.

THE MASS MEDIA refers to various MEANS of communication. There are many different programs on the TELEVISION: TALK SHOWS, CARTOONS, WEATHER FORECASTS, SOAPS, CURRENT AFFAIRS, NEWS, DOCUMENTARIES and so on. If you want to RECEIVE many CHANNELS, you need a SATELLITE DISH.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Понедельник, 07.03.2022, 17:52

tsvioletta17Дата: Понедельник, 07.02.2022, 19:49 | Сообщение # 3
Подполковник
I can say that I don't really follow the news and the media. But when it happens, it's most convenient for me to read about it on social networks or watch videos on the Internet.

The simplest source of media is TV, but, in my opinion, nowadays few people watch TV and some do not have a TV at all. I think it's inconvenient, there's a lot of advertising and it makes a lot of noise. But maybe you don't need to specifically search for news on the Internet, they are immediately on TV, you just need to turn on the desired channel.

As I said above, a more convenient source of media for me is my phone and the Internet. There you can read, listen and watch any news.

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I recently SUBSCRIBED to a channel with interesting videos and podcasts. It is convenient because there are no COMMERCIALS. There is also a SUBTITLE function in different languages.

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:14

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 07.02.2022, 20:24 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник
Where was your favorite film shot? Where is it set?

I consider the series of films "The Chronicles of Narnia", based on the novels of Clive Staples Lewis, to be my favorite since childhood. These films are distinguished by the incredible beauty of filming in New Zealand and the Czech Republic. New Zealand is a country with stunning nature: there are mountains and huge fjords, glaciers, geysers, glacial lakes and sandy beaches. Thanks to the amazing nature, New Zealand is often chosen for filming fantasy films. The films "The Lord of the Rings" and "The Hobbit" were also filmed here.

According to the plot of the first book, Narnia, a blooming magical land, was frozen by a White Witch, so many scenes and battles take place in valleys, mountains and forests covered with snow. The "winter" scenes were shot in the Czech Republic, perfect for this.

Not far from the village of Tisza in the Czech Republic, there is a place where they filmed the scene where Lucy gets to Narnia for the first time, and then all the other children. This place really looks fabulous and mysterious. The moment when Lucy gets into a completely different unknown world through the closet is when the viewer's heart almost freezes due to the beauty of the landscapes, an endless pine forest, snow-covered and even a little frightening in its unpredictability, and the skill of the camerawork.

I highly recommend all the films of the Chronicles of Narnia to watch, because, in my humble opinion, this is a real worthwhile classic of cinema.

Добавлено (07.02.2022, 20:30)
---------------------------------------------

I am glad that there are now a lot of sites where you can entertain yourself, for example Youtube with a lot of video TALK SHOWS with different celebrities. I prefer to watch interviews with interesting foreign personalities in the original, so I find the SUBTITLE function extremely convenient, since native speakers' speech may not always be understandable. There are a lot of English-speaking bloggers and interviewers in my SUBSCRIPTIONS.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Вторник, 07.06.2022, 20:26

amasaltsevaДата: Понедельник, 07.02.2022, 21:13 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
What podcasts do you regularly listen to?

Personally, I love listening to podcasts, especially, while walking. Living in 21st century I have a great opportunity to listen to a large variety of different audio programs for every taste. I prefer listening to kind of “educational” podcasts on a special platform called “Arzamas”. That is an "enlightening" project dedicated to the history of culture. For today it is one of the leading Russian self-education platforms. The basis of the site contains small lectures on history, literature, art, anthropology, philosophy, and culture.

My favourite courses on “Arzamas” are: “British music: from choir to hardcore”, “the Syrian mystics answering” and “the English literature”.

------------------------------------------------------------
THE MASS MEDIA indeed has a great influence on us. Have you ever felt that watching SITCOMS, TALK SHOWS, SOAPS, surfing the INTERNET, spending your time in SOCIAL MEDIA is the easiest way to escape from reality? Sometimes you may think that to alleviate the pain you should just pay more attention to other’s life to cushion your own. However, that’s wrong. It is unhealthy food for our brain: fast, convenient, but not healthy.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:10

marichernaya911Дата: Вторник, 08.02.2022, 10:56 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
Recently I have downloaded the Arzamas radio on my phone, as I was often told about its interesting podcasts. At first, I listened only to free-of-charge podcasts. But I saw a lot of paid podcasts on the platform having much more interesting articles. So, I have paid a subscription. And I do not regret!

Now, on my way somewhere or just walking in the park after classes, I regularly listen to these podcasts. Some of them are short, some of them last for several hours. But the information is performed in a very original and interesting way, so I never feel bored listening to the podcasts.

My favorite podcasts are about music, culture, art, history and literature. For example, “What did Beethoven create”, “Dovlatov and Leningrad”, “All Shakespeare”, “Japanese culture within 5 objects” and “The theatre of the Ancient Greece”.

Listening to the podcasts broadens my horizons and makes me feel confident in some topics I am interested in. As we all know, the information tends to be forgotten. So, the podcasts, as well as short articles on the Internet, can help us to be aware of many interesting facts and concepts.

---
My favorite SERIES, a DETECTIVE DRAMA by famous director, was SHOT in London. After watching it – unfortunately, DUBBED – I fell in love with this city. Then I started watching a DOCUMENTARY about England and even PAID A SUBSCRIPTION for an English QUALITY NEWSPAPER.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:15

veronikachernykh15Дата: Четверг, 05.05.2022, 14:06 | Сообщение # 7
Майор
Have you ever tweeted / posted in the social media information about yourself within minutes of the events? Why?

To tell the truth, I'm not the type of a person who posts a lot of information about themselves on social networks. I try not to say anything superfluous on social networks and do not post anything personal there. But sometimes I want to share beautiful photos with my friends, because I love taking pictures.

Being a teenager of the 21st century, I find myself in a situation where social networks and what you post on them are more a way of communication. For example, it is not difficult to me to give up social networks and I've had such an experience. And living, for example, without Instagram, I gained a lot of free time, but lost communication with some people, because, as it turned out, it was easier to look at a friend’s page and to see what he/she was doing today than to call and to find out about it. These are the realities of the 21st century.

Back to the question, I've posted information about myself immediately after the event. That happened to me after I had visited the exhibition at the Pushkin Museum. I really liked the paintings presented there so much that I wanted to tell my friends without delay, that they should go there and that the exhibition is worth the time spent.

------------------------------------------------------------
I can't imagine how people were living without the MASS MEDIA. Now our generation is FOCUSED ON life in the INTERNET. It's not only a way of entertainment, but also an easy way to find information. For instance you can not only watch SOAPS, SERIES but also listen to PODCASTS or PAY A SUBSCRIPTION ON educational sites.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Среда, 08.06.2022, 17:11

sasavasl15Дата: Четверг, 26.05.2022, 18:52 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
Which of the following types of programmes do you regularly watch (used to watch in the past) on TV or online:
talk show, documentary, cartoons, sitcom, game show, sports programme, news and weather forecast, current affairs, soap, detective drama?
Tell about those you find most interesting / useful. Do you have a favourite?

My family and I love watching detective dramas. It can be either a TV series, a movie or a documentary.
Why is it so attractive to us? We all like to understand the psychology of people, especially the psyche of deviant people. It is interesting to trace the cause of deviation — a state of disorganization of society when values, norms, social ties are absent, weaken or contradict each other.

There are always moments when the concepts of good and evil are reversed, and at some point the magic of cinema forces you to empathize with the criminal and at the same time hate him. The non-standard nature of situations and people's behavior makes it necessary to closely monitor the situation.

------------------------
Since my sister is preparing for the ЕГЭ, she does not have time to watch CARTOONS, TV SERIES and movies. So I advised her to watch her favorite shows with SUBTITLES,  not DUBBING.   Now she is SUBSCRIBED to channels that post videos with subtitles.

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 037 The press and the media
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024