не предусмотрено.

Вторник, 14.05.2024, 15:03
Приветствую Вас Гость | RSS
Персональный сайт А. В. Аксёнова
Главная | Регистрация | Вход
Unit 35 Communications and the Internet - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 35 Communications and the Internet
Unit 35 Communications and the Internet
readeralexeyДата: Вторник, 05.10.2021, 00:08 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
What is the difference between the Internet and the World Wide Web?

Name some risks involved in the use of the Internet. What do you consider to be the greatest risk?

The verb "to google" is derived from a company name. Can you give similar examples in English or Russian?

What Google services do you use? Yandex services? Which of them have you found most helpful?

Can you say your personality / behaviour changes when you communicate online as compared to offline social interaction?

Is there anything that you find disturbing about your use of the Internet?

What Internet resources would you recommend to others?

yarovaya02Дата: Понедельник, 11.10.2021, 13:31 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
The verb "to google" is derived from a company name. Can you give similar examples in English or Russian?

There are a lot words in Russian borrowed from different languages, including English. Because of tight communication with other nationalities and because of WWW English is more and more penetrating into our native language. Here some of adopted words:

Анбоксинг-a process of unpacking a new present, making photo of it and then uploading that photo into one’s blog.

Байопик-a biographical film. The word is formed from english biopic, biographical (биографический) and picture (картина).

Плоггинг- a combination of jogging and collecting rubbish. The word is formed from Plocka upp(Swedish-„подобрать») and jogging(English-бег трусцой). That kind of running is quite popular all over the world.

Сообщение отредактировал readeralexey - Среда, 08.12.2021, 01:16

tsvioletta17Дата: Понедельник, 11.10.2021, 22:23 | Сообщение # 3
Подполковник
Name some risks involved in the use of the Internet. What do you consider to be the greatest risk?

The Internet is not always secure. In the vastness of the Internet, we may face a risk. Let's look at some examples to avoid falling into this trap.

The most common traps are unwanted and ubiquitous advertising. Often this advertising is not useful for children. Another Internet danger lies in unverified sites that can introduce a virus into your computer or also be dangerous for children.

How to deal with these traps and not take risks on the Internet once again? Do not visit unverified sites, do not go to questionable links. To protect your computer from computer viruses, install an antivirus program. In addition, of course, keep an eye on what your little children are doing on the Internet!

By following these simple rules, you will be protected and less at risk online!

Сообщение отредактировал tsvioletta17 - Четверг, 11.11.2021, 10:58

readeralexeyДата: Понедельник, 11.10.2021, 23:14 | Сообщение # 4
Генерал-майор
Цитата yarovaya02 ()
There are a lot words in Russian borrowed from different languages, including English.

The question was not about loan words, but about words derived from brand names which have ceased to be proper names and have become appellatives.

yarovaya02Дата: Вторник, 12.10.2021, 10:16 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
In my opinion, the Internet is very useful nowadays. It is not only a source means of interaction, but it also can educate, develop skills and widen one’s horizons and outlooks.

Nevertheless, it is very important to know which websites are harmful, time-consuming and which ones are helpful. Here are some of Internet resources which I find informative and useful.

1. A portal ”Слово” is a source of studies. There you can find a collection of articles on very diverse topics, such as history, theology, philology, pedagogy… here is the link: https://u.to/CKKrGw

2. “Предание” is a huge informative website. There is not only a website, but an application as well, so you can download it from App Store free. There one can find many audiobooks both for children and adults. There are a lot of theological books, Russian and foreign books (the former ones are translated). There are many playlists, so you can find there classical and modern music as well.

sasavasl15Дата: Вторник, 12.10.2021, 10:29 | Сообщение # 6
Полковник
Can you say that your personality/behavior changes when you communicate online compared to offline social interaction?

Today, more and more people are constantly communicating online. This naturally and logically follows from the fact that now the Internet has become almost the most important part of our life. Also, virtual communication greatly facilitates many factors that a person usually faces during offline mode.

A certain anonymity and impunity often reveals a person from an unexpected side. Therefore, it can be noticed that many people are changing in the online world. Some show themselves on the negative side - leaving angry comments under everything in an attempt to humiliate someone in order to increase their self-esteem. Others are becoming bolder and more open.

As for me, I do not notice global changes in myself when communicating online. I calmly communicate with people offline and also chat online without changing my personality or behavior.

marichernaya911Дата: Среда, 13.10.2021, 19:02 | Сообщение # 7
Полковник
Can you say your personality / behaviour changes when you communicate online as compared to offline social interaction?

I often find myself behaving differently when talking lively and chatting in Social Networks.

When I communicate online, It seems to me, I am more concise and reticent, - not so emotional as I am in real life. Also, my speech in writing is rather more beautiful and vivid, as I have far more time for thinking about the sense and composition of my statement.

I experience a strange feeling talking to people online for a long time - the feeling of losing sense of a person I talk to. I think it's caused by the reason that I cannot see the face of the person, hear his or her voice here and now, so I often just answer questions and other claims, without remembering of the personality and soul of the person. So when I meet a person live, there is a contradiction in my head about the way I was communicating with his or her. But it differs, of course.

Сообщение отредактировал marichernaya911 - Понедельник, 15.11.2021, 20:28

amasaltsevaДата: Четверг, 18.11.2021, 14:34 | Сообщение # 8
Полковник
What Internet resources would you recommend to others?

These are internet resources I would recommend you, for I find them quite useful. They are all connected with language, therefore might be interesting for my group mates.

The first platform is TED. The abbreviation stands for technology, entertainment, and design. It’s an American private non-profit foundation, known primarily for its annual conferences. This platform is especially helpful and beneficial for those who are learning English, as in “TED talks” you may find podcasts on any topic and enjoy matchless English speech. Here is the link: https://u.to/CbHEGw

The second resource I would definitely recommend is BBC Radio 1’s Life Hacks. Via this link, https://www.bbc.co.uk/sounds/brand/b09c189d you may go to a great platform and listen to charming young announcers. They talk about interesting Life hacks and discuss everyday life. Listening to their podcasts will definitely plunge you into “British” atmosphere. As a bonus it is pleasing to the ear as the speakers talk with amazing British accent and may improve your own speech.

Сообщение отредактировал amasaltseva - Среда, 08.12.2021, 16:27

veronikachernykh15Дата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 22:58 | Сообщение # 9
Майор
Is there anything that you find disturbing about your use of the Internet?

Nowadays the problem of inappropriate usage of the internet is taking shape. Due to online studying, people can not distinguish between collecting new information from the internet, surfing the internet and procrastinating.

As for me, this is a big problem that makes me feel concerned and takes a lot of valuable time. For instance, most of the classes require using internet-sources. I open the phone to find some information and then detect myself wasting time on social media.

Also social media works as a way to obtain fast feel-good hormones. So it is a great risk to become addicted to get distracted from reality surfing the internet.

Сообщение отредактировал veronikachernykh15 - Среда, 08.12.2021, 19:47

ulyana_kazakovaДата: Понедельник, 06.12.2021, 02:12 | Сообщение # 10
Полковник

The Internet, in general, despite the many opportunities it provides, entails, to put it mildly, not always pleasant consequences for users. Everyone has heard the word cyberbullying, so this is one of the so-called risks on the Internet. It may seem to someone that such a problem can be ignored, but in fact, there are cases when a user's cyberbullying leads him to suicide because it is taken too close to his heart. In addition, there is such a thing as online fraud, unfortunately, this has been tested by my personal experience. One day I found an online store on Instagram, and with full confidence that it was not fake, I ordered several products from there, but as a result I was fooled, because after transferring money for the purchase, I was blocked by the account of this store. But the most dangerous risk on the Internet, as I think, is that there is a possibility of becoming a victim of theft of personal information. The data that you enter when registering on some website can be easily hacked and used against you.

Добавлено (11.12.2021, 12:53)
---------------------------------------------
1. To be honest, I am one of those people in whom lack of WI-FI causes outright indignation.
2. It is necessary to make an effort to come up with a USERNAME that would not be occupied by someone else.
3. It is better to install a reliable PASSWORD, which will be difficult to crack.

Сообщение отредактировал ulyana_kazakova - Суббота, 11.12.2021, 12:54

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 35 Communications and the Internet
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024