Unit 17 Business - Форум

[ Новые сообщения · Участники · Правила форума · Поиск · RSS ]
  • Страница 1 из 1
Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 17 Business
Unit 17 Business
readeralexeyДата: Воскресенье, 12.09.2021, 14:01 | Сообщение # 1
Генерал-майор
Статус: Offline
1. How much of what you produce is custom-produced?

2. How much of what you own is custom-produced?

3. Have you ever put forward a business plan to your parents? What has been the outcome?

4. Have you ever launched anything in your life?

5. Have you encountered a business which holds customer care as a priority? Did it make a difference?

6. Would you do market research before launching a business? Why / why not?

7. Has recession of 2009 and the ongoing COVID-19 recession impacted your family well-being and lifestyle?

8. Would you prefer doing business in Russia or elsewhere? Why?

9. Is competition stiff in your (potential) area of business?

10. Is building contacts important in your (potential) area of business? Why / why not?

11.  If you decide to go forward and access new markets, what would these be?

12. What are your ways of getting feedback from your customers?

13. What, in your opinion, should be the ultimate goal of any business - making profit or serving public good?

14. Do you think turning education and medicine into business does it harm or good? Why?

tsumskaa30Дата: Понедельник, 27.09.2021, 18:36 | Сообщение # 2
Полковник
Do you think turning education and medicine into business does it harm or good? Why?

Nowadays education has almost become “semi-paid”. Of course, comprehensive schools in Russia are free for all children, but in fact, many parents prefer to hire tutors who can help students pass their final exams.

In my opinion, there is nothing bad in business concerning tutoring. Moreover, teaches who give private lessons are usually more interested in giving students as much knowledge as they can. The wage motivates them to work harder, to prepare for the lessons more carefully. They are usually much more inspired and have a desire to lead their students to the certain result. For example, there exists the team Skyeng. Its members are professional teachers of English. But their methods of work are quite different from those that are familiar to school teachers because they always make effort to develop their skills to achieve a better result.

It is evident that those people who can’t afford tutors, can manage to take exams without any help, practicing self-development.

Nevertheless, I hold a different opinion on business concerning medicine. I’m sure that medicine should be absolutely free for everyone because we don’t choose our state of health.

To sum it all up, I believe that education can be turned into business in some way and bring a significant result, but this method is absolutely unacceptable for medicine.

Сообщение отредактировал tsumskaa30 - Воскресенье, 07.11.2021, 12:55

katyadorniakДата: Вторник, 16.11.2021, 00:17 | Сообщение # 3
Полковник

I used to have a school uniform sewn for me every few years. At the gymnasium, everyone wore dresses of the same pattern, but they had to be sewn themselves  ordered by ourselves. Custom-produced dresses have always been very comfortable and even stylish: I used to wear them everywhere. I also have some custom-made patches. One of them is made in a special shop where they make various souvenirs using the customer's photos. The other one is a gift from a friend, it is made of polymer clay.

Custom-made items are quite expensive, but they are worth it.

4. Have you ever launched anything in your life?

One day I decided to launch a business at school. I made figures out of polymer clay and sold them to classmates. As a result, the mother of one of them found out about my little scheme. She decided that my family was in poverty and gave my mother a whole box of stationery and
even, it seems, some money. To be honest, at that time my family was really going through hard times. But, one way or another, I didn't do business anymore…

13. What, in your opinion, should be the ultimate goal of any business - making profit or serving public good?

Of course, it is obvious that the business goal should be global and good. But everything is not so simple, because business is conducted by ordinary people. Unfortunately, people are too weak to resist temptations. Money is the strongest tempter.

Therefore, even if at first a business is appointed to serve people, sooner or later, its purpose will be perverted. It's sad, but all large companies, for example, Nestle, have actually become so popular and successful thanks to the disgusting attitude towards employees and the environment.

Добавлено (01.12.2021, 04:40)
---------------------------------------------
Imagine coming up with an ideal idea for a business, take taking a risk of PUTTING it FORWARD and getting the approval of sponsors.
Take a reliable person as a partner, make A BUSINESS PLAN and get started.
Imagine LAUNCHING your own business, producing something original and CUSTOM-BUILT. Within a few weeks, your ORDER BOOKS are full and you are
overloaded with work and profit. Imagine that you are a serious boss, CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER, your project is your life, you don't see people around you, but POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS. Imagine that there is a sudden crisis or a quite expected RECESSION, for which you are not ready. Imagine that the business has failed and you leave your position, because there are firms on the market that
satisfy the CUSTOMER'S NEEDS better. That's what to DOING BUSINESS is, as I imagine it.

EkaterinaDolzhenkova

antonryadinskiДата: Среда, 01.12.2021, 11:41 | Сообщение # 4
Полковник

I wonder whether I do business at all. This is the main question that I should decide in my future life. And I think the place doesn't matter. But still, I would prefer doing it in Russia as at least I am familiar with the laws of this country. To launch business abroad means you must learn everything about particular country and their customers.

But I am thinking that it is a good idea to work as a private teacher of Russian language abroad. It is my native language and I feel confidence to teach it. Nowadays, it is especially popular in European countries.

Any business starts with a BUSINESS PLAN. Then you LAUNCH it. If you succeed you would have a big FIRM or even a CORPORATION. You will fave a lot of RISKS. But don't forget about your POTENTIAL CUSTOMERS, they the most important thing when you DO BUSINESS. As a CEO, I would recommend you not to forget about GETTING A FEEDBACK. I hope everything will be nice and you will be able to ACCESS NEW MARKETS.

Сообщение отредактировал antonryadinski - Пятница, 03.12.2021, 22:30

abalakinan27Дата: Суббота, 04.12.2021, 14:55 | Сообщение # 5
Полковник
14. Do you think turning education and medicine into business does it harm or good? Why?

To my mind, turning education and medicine into business is rather ambiguous matter. It is not good or bad. Maybe initially people shouldn't make profit from children or unhealthy people. But in fact it's a phenomenon nowadays and many people take it for granted. From my own experience paid services are more qualified. Of course, that is not always true but talking about improving your education, going a path of self-development or getting urgent test - state institutions aren't provided for all your demands.

Nevertheless, I am very pleased with the country I live in because it shows a better degree of government concern of civil well-being than in EU or Africa.

Сообщение отредактировал abalakinan27 - Вторник, 07.12.2021, 19:06

anastasiadregan864Дата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 11:19 | Сообщение # 6
Подполковник

Unfortunately, I can't remember my clothes
or things that are custom-produced. Firstly, it is very expensive pleasure. And
secondly, custom-made stuff takes a lot of time to develop, because this is a unique
product, and I don’t like to wait.

I would prefer doing business in Russia, because I know the people, the culture, the needs of a potential client and target audience of my country. Also, the presence of connections, acquaintances and relatives who are ready to help and support plays an
important role and can help at the initial stage. Moreover, doing business in Russia would be much easier in terms of knowledge of the language and laws. If you open your business in a relatively small city in Russia, then success and good demand are likely, due to low competition.

A friend of our family has his own business, which he started from scratch. It is connected with the freezing of berries and vegetables. He developed a BUSINESS PLAN himself, which he translated into reality, and did a proper MARKET RESEARCH. His PRIORITY was the quality of freezing and storing food. His FIRM is very widespread in Russia now and continues to grow.

Сообщение отредактировал anastasiadregan864 - Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 11:56

posternaksophieДата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 19:04 | Сообщение # 7
Подполковник

Business is always connected with money. So if we turn such spheres as education and medicine into business, they will inevitably be connected with money. In my opinion, it would do no good.

Education is a luxury nowadays and very often it costs a fortune. If it is turned into business, then it wouldn't be possible to study for free and there would be less of learned people in our society. Moreover, if education is turned into business, the relationships between students and professors would also be based on money and would be less friendly and human.

Medical help is a basic human right and if it was connected with business, then a lot of people wouldn't be able to afford it. Furthermore, some doctors would take advantage of people and their diseases to strip them off their money.

Сообщение отредактировал posternaksophie - Среда, 08.12.2021, 20:21

vernik04Дата: Воскресенье, 05.12.2021, 23:30 | Сообщение # 8
Подполковник

Well, the ultimate aim of any business should be based on serving public good. Everything should be honest and fair. Business owners have to launch a kind of business that would provide excellent quality services and goods so that there could be demand and profit.

Форум » Общая лексика » EVU Upper-Intermediate » Unit 17 Business
  • Страница 1 из 1
Поиск:

Copyright MyCorp © 2024